New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ondoy,

Don't think they can test injectors individually, rather they test for quantity of fuel delivered. If fuel delivery does not meet certain minimums then injectors could be faulty. The injectors only come in a set of 4pcs, one part no. Cost of injectors plus Rpcv is P60K.

I've talked to Denso diesel and Bosch service- they don't repair Heui units and suggest casa replacement. Bosch shop tried once but don't recommend it.

I replaced my thermostat after finding it stuck in the open position. With the temp now normal, the engine runs much better. The injector problem is felt only at idle- maybe i can delay the repair for now.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Well that's good. Based on experience I dont know any place here who can repair those kinds of injectors. If you really need to replace the injectors mas maganda all four na para balanced and isang biyakan na lang ng engine. Yes you can purchase injectors individually but may codes/categories yan. Dapat ang mabili mo the same category with the other three.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Ubs73,

Thanks.

What is the main cause of faulty injectors, is it poor fuel quality or bad engine oil?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    They really cannot tell us the exact cause but in my opinion it's the fuel quality and incorrect oil viscosity.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Aside from nozzle kit part no on the box, as supplied by Ubs73, saw this part no on top of each injector in the set: 8 97192596 3.
    Think this only applies to euro 2 models.

RPCV part no: 8-97174872-0

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmm UBS73,

Hindi nila sinabi ha hahahahahahahahah yari ka kay ONIE

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    boknoy,

So what's the possible cause of faulty injectors? Share naman oh.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ondoy View Post
    Guys,

If my memory did not fail me, I seem to recall that Caterpillar (in the USA) has a running program that really benefited their customers, especially those requiring service of fuel injectors.

It works this way: a customer brings a set of one or more defective injectors to a Caterpillar dealer; the dealer gives the customer another equivalent set of remanufactured/reconditioned injectors; the customer leaves the dealer his original set of injectors; and the dealer charges the customer an amount less the value of customer's original set of injectors. The customer benefits in as much as the dealer's charge is much less than buying new (PhP64k++) set of injectors. Caterpillar then remanufactures/reconditions the customers defective injectors, ready for another customer requiring the same service. In other words, an exchange program between Caterpillar and its customers.

If it is Bosch, or whoever that makes the 4JX1 injectors, we hope they will implement a similar undertaking here.
    hi...I read about your quote...can I know the location of that one caterpillar? Contact No.? Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ondoy View Post
    Guys,

If my memory did not fail me, I seem to recall that Caterpillar (in the USA) has a running program that really benefited their customers, especially those requiring service of fuel injectors.

It works this way: a customer brings a set of one or more defective injectors to a Caterpillar dealer; the dealer gives the customer another equivalent set of remanufactured/reconditioned injectors; the customer leaves the dealer his original set of injectors; and the dealer charges the customer an amount less the value of customer's original set of injectors. The customer benefits in as much as the dealer's charge is much less than buying new (PhP64k++) set of injectors. Caterpillar then remanufactures/reconditions the customers defective injectors, ready for another customer requiring the same service. In other words, an exchange program between Caterpillar and its customers.

If it is Bosch, or whoever that makes the 4JX1 injectors, we hope they will implement a similar undertaking here.
    Can I ask the location of the CATERPILLAR? and the contact NO.?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi I just read your quote............
    Quote Originally Posted by izuzambo View Post
    Can I ask the location of the CATERPILLAR? and the contact NO.?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
trooper 4JX1 injector part no