New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Request info on the trooper's (4jx1 engine) injector part no, either isuzu or Caterpillar, from guys who have changed this part or have access to the parts manual.

My '01 trooper is acting up- low engine temp, rough idle- the casa suspects faulty injectors which cost about P64k+ a set. I'd like to check with Caterpillar if they can source the part, since they designed/ made the injector system for isuzu.

Appreciate any help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Jackaroo,

As far as I know...... INJECTORS of ISUZU were made by BOSCH, Suggest you try to check it out with a calibration shop

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try also asking KCBOY about this... nagpalit na raw siya eh..

Bakit what happen

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napa-search ako bigla, eto nakita ko:

Holden Jackaroos - Campaign 03-H-03
    Date: 15/12/2003

Supplier: Holden Limited

Category: Motor Vehicles

Product Info: Holden Jackaroos from 1998 to 2000 model year, fitted with the 4JX1-TC diesel engine built before engine number 676517 (October 1999).

Defect details: The injector sleeve sealing (O-rings) material can deteriorate and cause fuel to leak into the crankcase. This may result in an unintentional increase in engine speed, and possibly vehicle speed.

Consumer action: Owners will be contacted directly by mail. For further information contact your authorised Holden Dealer.

Make: Holden

Model: Jackaroo

Model Years From: 1998 - 2000

Consequences: May result in an unintentional increase in engine speed, and possibly vehicle speed.

Campaign Number: 03-H-03

Vin Range From: 1998 - JACUBS73GW7100010 to JACUBS73GW7103492; 1999 - JACUBS73GX7100566 to JACUBS73GX7104876; 2000 - JACUBS73GY7100012 to JACUBS73GY7102028.

Market Coverage: National

Recall Coverage: National

here is the link:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/recalls_la...e&psa_id=10305

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jackaroo pls check pm

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...

recall information..

sige pagtanong ko rin ha... pero alam ko talaga BOSCH siya eh..

other guruis like redhorse, mdpo ang garyq can help

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero kung ako lang, di ko na paparecall, bumibilis pa daw lalo he he he

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    pero kung ako lang, di ko na paparecall, bumibilis pa daw lalo he he he
    me punto ka rin.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malayo na ang engine number ko, 747 series na, then VIN starts PABU..

malamang yong mga may-ari ng 4x4 na 4JX1 lang ang tatamaan...

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Guys,

If my memory did not fail me, I seem to recall that Caterpillar (in the USA) has a running program that really benefited their customers, especially those requiring service of fuel injectors.

It works this way: a customer brings a set of one or more defective injectors to a Caterpillar dealer; the dealer gives the customer another equivalent set of remanufactured/reconditioned injectors; the customer leaves the dealer his original set of injectors; and the dealer charges the customer an amount less the value of customer's original set of injectors. The customer benefits in as much as the dealer's charge is much less than buying new (PhP64k++) set of injectors. Caterpillar then remanufactures/reconditions the customers defective injectors, ready for another customer requiring the same service. In other words, an exchange program between Caterpillar and its customers.

If it is Bosch, or whoever that makes the 4JX1 injectors, we hope they will implement a similar undertaking here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
trooper 4JX1 injector part no