New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Gurus out there, same lang ba ang tailgate ng TFR and fuego pickup? I am looking for one e baka same lang para medyo dumami ang choices. tia.

Btw, kung meron man kayo dyan pwede nyo ring PM sakin.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    nope, the TFR and Fuego have 2 different tailgate trims; even the fuegos alone didn't have the same ones depending on the model; the later model i think did not have cargo hooks unlike the older ones; but the long beds always had ones; that's AFAIK.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls View Post
    nope, the TFR and Fuego have 2 different tailgate trims; even the fuegos alone didn't have the same ones depending on the model; the later model i think did not have cargo hooks unlike the older ones; but the long beds always had ones; that's AFAIK.
    +1 to this.

*niwde11: What year/model is your pick-up?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Beetols; yep nakita ko na difference.iba sila especially sa may upper portion.
    benz; 92/TFR SWB single cab.:D nirerestore ko lang. nakuha ko sya with a net(like sa US) as a tailgate.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    Beetols; yep nakita ko na difference.iba sila especially sa may upper portion.
    benz; 92/TFR SWB single cab.:D nirerestore ko lang. nakuha ko sya with a net(like sa US) as a tailgate.
    Uy! Ok yun ha? Ayaw mong drop yung pick-up, use those tailgate and box net and mount 17s on it?

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    hehhehe, as of now naka 15 inch syang chrome steel mags(i think from a terrano). tapos naka 205/60r15. nakalowering block sya sa likod ng 2". pero balak ko taasan at gawing medyo offroad ang dating.

sa 16 nga baka di na umarangkada ng maaayos e 17 pa.lol 4JA1 lang makina. kakaoverhaul lang namin. for break in pa
    besides, service sya ng tao and utility rin pa like kargahan ng welding machine, electric hoist, oxy/acetylene tank.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    nice...

i've always admired those swb's running around as they don't come too often

is that a local unit you've got?

i think they came with 16 inch rims with 205r16 tires or 205/80/16, exactly what they put on the lower end stradas

what do you guys think about removing the rear bumper and replacing it with rubber blocks/stoppers/bumpers? i've been wanting to do that but didn't know where to source out those (rubbers)

some stradas and hilux didn't come with stock bumpers and they look nice!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ganda sana gawing parang ganitong old Toyota pick-up:

Hehehe!

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls View Post
    nice...

i've always admired those swb's running around as they don't come too often

is that a local unit you've got?

i think they came with 16 inch rims with 205r16 tires or 205/80/16, exactly what they put on the lower end stradas

what do you guys think about removing the rear bumper and replacing it with rubber blocks/stoppers/bumpers? i've been wanting to do that but didn't know where to source out those (rubbers)

some stradas and hilux didn't come with stock bumpers and they look nice!
    yep, medyo bihira sya kaya ko nagustuhan kahit dami pagawain.
    its a local unit(1st owner nakunan ko bought from isuzu QA). TFR*** pa nga plate number hehehhe.
    afaik, yung nakakakabit na reserba e orig pa na steel rim 14. with matching Firestone 6.5X14. obsolete na yung goma pero di pa yata gamit hahahha.
    btw, previous owner change the rear window panel na nabubuksan yung gitna like the newer pickups. and the steering wheel is changed to a wooden type orig isuzu. naka power steering na rin sya

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *benzmizer -- that's exactly how i'm imagining it to look like (the bumperless rear i mean)! will that not call any of the hiway patrol's attention? baka sabihin dilapidated?

what about safety? hehehe... it's nice when it's lowered although i'm no fan

*newdi11 -- sir, post naman ng pics after some restoration! so 4x2 sha? those that i've seen so far were all 4x4's kase; sir, yung mesh type rims ng trooper i think bagay dyan. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TFR tailgate.