New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs! I own an Isuzu TFR. A friend of mine told me that originally, TFR's doesn't have A/C units. When it arrived in the PHilippines some years back, the sellers, just installed A/C units on it. Is this true?

My friend told me that the evaporator of my TFR is as big as the evaporator of a multi-cab vehicle. He is suggesting to change it to a bigger one which will make the A/C cooler. Any comments on this po? How much po kaya ang evaporator?

Thanks sa replies

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Hi sirs! I own an Isuzu TFR. A friend of mine told me that originally, TFR's doesn't have A/C units. When it arrived in the PHilippines some years back, the sellers, just installed A/C units on it. Is this true?

My friend told me that the evaporator of my TFR is as big as the evaporator of a multi-cab vehicle. He is suggesting to change it to a bigger one which will make the A/C cooler. Any comments on this po? How much po kaya ang evaporator?

Thanks sa replies
    Could be for as i may recall, the (almost) mid-90s didn't come with one. (not 100% sure)

Is the current aircon cooling performance insufficient? If good enough, why still need to change. As the saying goes, "If ain't broken, why fix/replace?" Unecessary expense ika nga.

But if it has been failing you (or not to your cooling standards), replace with an aircon system (preferably off a TFR-specific unit) that is suitable to the requirements of your pick-up. Madami naman aircon system diyan na kaya yan. Di ko lang alam magkano aabutin. SANDEN and DENSO comes into mind.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    myt TFR(92 swb single cab) seems to have an original aircon(evaporator, vents, etc). although napalitan na compressor(which is now my problem).

btw, benz did you check my PM? thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post

Thanks sa replies
    This is true. Earlier TFRs have hanging type AC with knob type fan speed and thermostat. Sablay na masagwa pa. That is the con aside from the bench type front seats, the pro is those units where CBU and really built in Japan. I had a 92 and until now I miss it a lot.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    our first TFR, 93 model seems to fit the description on the previous post (rotary fan/thermostat knobs) but the 96 model seem to have arrived with stock a/c's (not sure though if it was factory installed here or there), complete with the hot/cold temp control.

just wondering though; i really find the a/c on and off button on our ranger very useful, but a lot of newer car models don't have it including the montero; is it really that costly to include one? but all come with sockets provisioned for the said button, but finding one that will fit in it plus the electrical works are really a hassle.

TFR Query