New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Anyone care to share info and tips on what he did to his Isuzu to improve rideability? ....Of course, not just by driving slowly

The most notorious of them all in this aspect is undeniabley the jolt-like ride you get from the DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ; the Crosswind's suspension is still livable, while the Alterra is sizeably-tuned better than the two.

Thanks for any feedback gentlemen.... Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Adjustable shocks. Nine way Ranchos (or something similar) in the back worked wonders on the Crosswind. They should do the same for the D-Max.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yep those ranchos and old man emus.

heard good things from a friend who rode a dmax with bilsteins installed. parang di daw pick-up nasakyan nya.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    heard good things from a friend who rode a dmax with bilsteins installed. parang di daw pick-up nasakyan nya.
    +1 to Bilsteins. Had Bilstein HDs on my Trooper and despite riding on big rims, it rides like they're on stock rims.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Adjustable shocks. Nine way Ranchos (or something similar) in the back worked wonders on the Crosswind. They should do the same for the D-Max.
    Thanks boss Niky. Where can i possibly look for Ranchos and how much would they cost including set-up?

Those stock rear telescopic shocks of the DMax Ddi-iTEQ have to be addressed somehow. They are just as rigid as the telescopic forks of a dirtbike

Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    yep those ranchos and old man emus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    +1 to Bilsteins. Had Bilstein HDs on my Trooper and despite riding on big rims, it rides like they're on stock rims.
    Thanks sirs Errol and Benz. Where to source the Bilsteins and how much, even just the rear shocks plus the set-up?

Thanks for the advice (Niky, Errol and Benz) ---- much is appreciated.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    you can contact speedlab(Makna Mktng) for Bilstein.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think I got my Ranchos at Goldcars in Banawe before. They also sell stabilizers, but I didn't have the budget at the time. Thinking it's almost time to upgrade my front shocks.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    you can contact speedlab(Makna Mktng) for Bilstein.
    +1 to this again. Speedlab is the official distributor of Bilsteins and HnR here in the Philippines.

*hinDMaxsiado: No worries. Happy to be of help. Please update this thread when you so decide to upgrade your suspension. I believe a good number of D-Max owners are equally interested how they can comfortably improve their truck's ride.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Wow gentlemen, i like what i'm seeing about the Rancho and Bilstein

Rancho is US-made while Bilstein is German-made ---- if i go for the German-made that means i will have two components by then in the DMax that are German-mades, the Racechip Pro diesel-EFi kit and the Bilstein.... Not bad haha!

Either of the two should be quality-products where in fact in Philippine-4x4 offroading i see quite a prominence of Rancho suspensions ---- it's just a matter of purchase cost now between the two ;)

Any indicative cost please? Thanks a lot sirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    +1 to this again. Speedlab is the official distributor of Bilsteins and HnR here in the Philippines.

*hinDMaxsiado: No worries. Happy to be of help. Please update this thread when you so decide to upgrade your suspension. I believe a good number of D-Max owners are equally interested how they can comfortably improve their truck's ride.
    Jeeze Boss Benz, you just gave me an assignment that will take time to get accomplished

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Rancho I got a few years ago pa... rather expensive, 16k a pair for the rear (9 way adjustable), but worth it... have done over 100,000 kilometers and they're still good. In fact, they've outlasted two pairs of conventional front shocks.

Bilsteins are supposed to be the epitome of riding comfort and durability, but I don't know what specific apps they have for the D-Max. But Speedlab also carries other products, they might be able to get you something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Suspension upgrade for your Isuzu?