New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi guys. I'm having this weird problem when braking with my Alterra. Minsan ok ang preno, minsan naman malalim which I think is delikado kasi di mo matancha kung gano mo kalakas dapat tapakan. To sum it up, minsan mahina, minsan malakas. I have already had my brakes cleaned and serviced. What causes this?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Brake master problem. Have it checked.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pa checked mo ulit baka kailangan i bleed o may hangin sa loob .

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rdboy View Post
    Hi guys. I'm having this weird problem when braking with my Alterra. Minsan ok ang preno, minsan naman malalim which I think is delikado kasi di mo matancha kung gano mo kalakas dapat tapakan. To sum it up, minsan mahina, minsan malakas. I have already had my brakes cleaned and serviced. What causes this?
    Matigas ba minsan apakan preno o mahina lang talaga? I agree with both counts of having the brake master checked and "bleed" to remove the air from the system. Kung matigas kasi minsan, best that you include the HVAC checked. Baka may singaw.

Lastly, do this soon. The brake system is a SAFETY concern.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Matigas ba minsan apakan preno o mahina lang talaga? I agree with both counts of having the brake master checked and "bleed" to remove the air from the system. Kung matigas kasi minsan, best that you include the HVAC checked. Baka may singaw.

Lastly, do this soon. The brake system is a SAFETY concern.
    I had it bled. Ok naman so far. btw, I asked how much brake master repair kit sa casa, it a whopping 10,060 plus 600 labor daw. Are they kidding me? Magkano ba pag hindi sa casa?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just found out that the culprit was the alternator belt that has a crack. It affects the break hydrovac including the engine performance. Now my alterra is like a brand new baby again.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang vacuum line ata ng mga diesel wala sa engine manifold, belt driven ata ang vacuum pump ng preno.

Strange Braking Behavior of my Alterra