New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys,

The wiper in my Alterra is very rough, it feels like it is almost scratching my wind shield. Kinakayod niya talaga, the sound is really bothering.

Is this something I need to report to Isuzu Pasig or can I fix it myself e.g. by buying a new wiper or putting some kind of wiper liquid?

My Alterra is only 4 months old.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi guys,

The wiper in my Alterra is very rough, it feels like it is almost scratching my wind shield. Kinakayod niya talaga, the sound is really bothering.

Is this something I need to report to Isuzu Pasig or can I fix it myself e.g. by buying a new wiper or putting some kind of wiper liquid?

Thanks
    Is this "scratching" you are saying the same as the "juddering" sound when wiping? If so, kailangan mo "padulasin" yung windshield mo by applying something like Rain X or simply have your windshield buffed.

I would assume that your wipers are still good and (virtually) new since it's only 4 months old.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Benzmizer,

Yes juddering (didn't know that word until now )

Is it really necessary to apply something on the windshield or have the windshield buffed?

I assume my wipers are still ok as it has only been 4 months. I expect that these (wiper and windshield) should by default work without doing anything.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    I also experienced that annoying thing when my d-max is 3 mos old. it's 3x in & out from GENCARS - makati, but still can't be solved. The solution is to replace new all weather-tropical wiper blade like bosch. and smile.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Might be road film. A glass polishing from a reputable detailer shop will do the trick.

Or if you want to DIY, get the Glass Science Glass Scrub from Blade or Concorde then use it to wash your windshield.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need to replace yung blade ng wiper mo. Bosch tropical will solve your problem. I have the same problem with my new Crosswind before. Palpak gamit ng casa!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks guys. Bosch tropical + windshield scrub it is!

Rough car wiper