New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    i just bought 1995 isuzu LS pickup 265,70R15.....

just want to ask opinion lang po ano po recomended at magandang mags and tire size for this vehicle...newbie po from mindanao

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Welcome to TSikot Forums!

The existing rims look good and the size is massive (vis-a-vis rim diameter). Ok din yung pagka-flush sa wheelwell. I'd say retain those and save the money for it's maintenance. Remember, you bought a 16 year old pick-up. You'll never know what needs repair (unless you know in detail the seller and the maintenance history of the truck). If my assumption is right, it would be best that you have the pick-up thoroughly checked by a reputable shop or mechanic. Have all fluids drained and replaced new (particularly the engine oil for that is the "lifeblood" of any diesel engine.

At the most, have the chrome rims (is it?) polished para mas makintab.

Congratulations on the purchase!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Welcome to TSikot Forums!

The existing rims look good and the size is massive (vis-a-vis rim diameter). Ok din yung pagka-flush sa wheelwell. I'd say retain those and save the money for it's maintenance. Remember, you bought a 16 year old pick-up. You'll never know what needs repair (unless you know in detail the seller and the maintenance history of the truck). If my assumption is right, it would be best that you have the pick-up thoroughly checked by a reputable shop or mechanic. Have all fluids drained and replaced new (particularly the engine oil for that is the "lifeblood" of any diesel engine.

At the most, have the chrome rims (is it?) polished para mas makintab.

Congratulations on the purchase!!!
    Thanks for the advice sir......may mga kalawang napo yung rims sir..may remedyo pa po ba ito?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    original size for this model is 195R14 yata, most pick ups of these model and 2wd fuegos use 235/70R15. But looks like the pick-up has been body lifted, if so the existing tire size is ok, but then its a bit sluggish on acceleration.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    original size for this model is 195R14 yata, most pick ups of these model and 2wd fuegos use 235/70R15. But looks like the pick-up has been body lifted, if so the existing tire size is ok, but then its a bit sluggish on acceleration.
    +1. The bigger the rim/tire is, the heavier the vehicle become. Ergo, keep it that way for it looks nice on your Fuego. (and what the heck! It's a TRUCK for crying out loud!)

Quote Originally Posted by jim2sx View Post
    Thanks for the advice sir......may mga kalawang napo yung rims sir..may remedyo pa po ba ito?
    You're in the Philippines!!! Walang imposible dito. Tyaga lang sa cleaning/polishing at baka madale na dun yung rust stains. If not, I know a shop in Mandaluyong who specializes in rims restoration. As in MAGALING! Madaming taga ibang forums, old schoolers mostly, who bring their literally rotten rims and bring them back to brand new state. Mura pa sumingil.

Guy's name is Tonton and his contact number is: (0917) 3543963.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Ok po ba ang Nitto Tire? And ano po mas ok bilihan, sa Concept one po ba sa Green Hills o sa Freddys sa may Evangelista?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose1 View Post
    Ok po ba ang Nitto Tire? And ano po mas ok bilihan, sa Concept one po ba sa Green Hills o sa Freddys sa may Evangelista?
    Yes, that tire brand is very good. For one, I have been using those on my Trooper since 2005 and have been (since) satisfied. Made in Japan.

From my knowledge, Concept One (aka Wheel Gallery) is the official distributor of Nitto / NeoGen tires in the Philippines. If proven true, they should be more flexible in adjusting the price.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jim2sx View Post
    i just bought 1995 isuzu LS pickup 265,70R15.....

just want to ask opinion lang po ano po recomended at magandang mags and tire size for this vehicle...newbie po from mindanao

Chief, check this out:
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/miche...-tire-purchase

For every purchase of two Michelin tires, you get free fuel worth PhP1,000. If we share the same tires like the DMax and Alterra then the Michelin Latitude Tour 245/70/R16 is for you....
    http://www.michelin.com.ph/Home/Buyi...nd-Your-Dealer

Goodluck!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    thanks mga sirs..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Salamat sa mga advises mga sirs.....meron na kaya thread dito bout....services with prices? say for instance tune up - 200... para malaman ko kung over pricing na mekaniko ko heheh...

recommended tire size and mags