New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Good day,

I just want to ask specially those who own a 3.0 variant. What brand of diesel fuel best works with this car or at least the majority of you guys prefer to use?

Many Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I follow the money.... whichever is cheap and convenient. ;)

Seriously though, I Diesel-up with Caltex just because I have a Landers discount card and it's on my way to and from work. If not, I take whatever Diesel is available on the road.

I can't discern with confidence any difference in performance or economy going from one Diesel fuel to another. But that's mostly because the traffic situation varies wildly from hour to hour or day to day that it's just impossible to do a proper controlled test.

I have a 2.5D innova, so sorry if your question wasn't answered completely.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I follow the money.... whichever is cheap and convenient. ;)

Seriously though, I Diesel-up with Caltex just because I have a Landers discount card and it's on my way to and from work. If not, I take whatever Diesel is available on the road.

I can't discern with confidence any difference in performance or economy going from one Diesel fuel to another. But that's mostly because the traffic situation varies wildly from hour to hour or day to day that it's just impossible to do a proper controlled test.

I have a 2.5D innova, so sorry if your question wasn't answered completely.
    Thanks, that's fine I'm after of insights.

We usually do the same with our past vehicles. We used to fuel our accent with sea oil diesel when in metro manila ( because it's way cheaper in our area ) before we sold it to my uncle, though most of the time we're traveling North and we usually pass by cheap generic fuel stations in Tarlac area so majority of my fill ups are from independent fuel stations like KKK, Star Premium, and Camino A but I noticed no difference in performance nor manifested any problems.

It's our first time to own an Isuzu and an SUV for that matter so I'm in the look out in advance for any quirks it may have when it comes to fuel.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Isuzu engines are legendary for taking on any kind of diesel fuel without problems. Unioil, Seaoil, PTT, Caltex, Petron, Shell, Jetti, and even Uno1 -- tried them all without any hiccup whatsoever. Like most, I also go for what's available at a cheap(er) price.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pag Isuzu kahit ano kaya nyan, it can handle dirty fuel kasi yun mga mumurahin na di kilala na gasolinahan sa tabi tabi

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Isuzu hindi talaga mapili sa diesel parang baboy, kahit ano lalamunin. Pero ako, I stick with the newer stations na hindi bahain.

Pansin ko lang, Unioil less hapdi sa ilong compared to Big 3, baka dahil sa Euro5. Seaoil okay din, mas madalang lang branches. I think dahil fully imported yung fuel kaya mas mataas standard ng source refinery unlike locally-refined fuel natin.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You shouldn’t knowingly use Diesel fuel of questionable quality unless it’s your absolute last resort.

Also, it’s a bad idea to compare the new Isuzu engine reliability with those from Isuzu engines of yesteryear. Like most modern Diesel engines, the MUX uses delicate parts like the CRDI system and is equally susceptible to problems that other CRDI engines may encounter.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Thanks for all your input guys

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Shell’s fuel save is more than adequate for the MUX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Shell’s fuel save is more than adequate for the MUX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk