New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mGa Sirs,

1. Ask ko lang ilan ang normal psi boost ng turbo naten? havent checked kase wala ko boost guage..

2. If lalagyan naten ng blow off valve kagaya sa mga rally cars, tutunog (pipito) kaya ng malakas?

thanks.
    somar

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May waste gate sa loob the turbo (internal), no need to put blow off valve.
    If you want pumipito replace it with K&N or Simota filters. Pipito yan hanggang mag redline ka. Goodluck bro!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ah ok Sir, so do you mean kailangan talagang high free flow ang air intake mo sa filter para pumito yung turbo.. or "SPOOL" ba yun tawagin?

The wast gate is the one na parang vaccum na tumutulak na rod sa me turbo? pag nag hihigh pressure ka naaaktivate yung wastegate para d mapwersa engine?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The high pitch sound is the compressor wheel at very high rpm. This is not obvious if you have the oem filter/resonator. free flowing the passage gives good breathing for the turbo and engine. Its important that air is colder. the colder the better. Compressing air will produce hot compressed air which is not ideal.

Without the waste gate the the turbine/shaft/compressor can stall because of the high pressure air going no where.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Additional info Sir..

I installed a boost guage for my 4JB1 turbo engine to know how much boost it gives..

a maximum of .7 BARR of pressure at around 2,100 rpm hanggang dun nalang dont know kung ilan ang conversion nito sa PSI . even at high rpm's hanggang .7 nalang talaga not bad for a low boost turbo

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's about 8 psi, I think... let me double check... hehe... mali... 10 psi pala. Not bad, really... that's a healthy amount of boost.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

PSI BOOST ng Turbo 4jB1?