New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Just want to have your opinion, especially to those isuzu trooper owners.

My boss is leaving for abroad. He is offering his ride to me at a price of 320K which is an Isuzu trooper a late 97 model with a V6 engine /Gas variant/automatic tranny. Its still in a very good condition (interior and exterior) and he just uses this maybe at most 2 to 3 times a week.
    And it crossed my mind , should I get it ? Looking at it is so tempting , looks tough, wide and robust ... and because I'm also looking for "another car" for my out of town trips with my family ; for my "pang harabas" trip lalo na kapag maulan at malulubak ang kalsada and also as an alternate ride for the number coding scheme.
    I would like to have some feedback about this ride on fuel consumption, performance, parts availability and prices. My boss claims it consumes around 7 to 8 km./L on City driving on mild to moderate stop ang go traffic. And on continuous highway driving like on the NLEX it goes around 9-10Km/L. The figures is just like the consumption of my present ride a Toyota Corona 2.0L exsior....is this true or he is just luring me to get this ride.

Oh by the way, the unit my boss owns is locally purchased and serviced in isuzu alabang.

Any feedbacks will be highly appreciated! Thank you very much to all isuzu trooper owners out there.
    Last edited by ruggedyman; August 25th, 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: additon of info

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggedyman View Post
    Just want to have your opinion, especially to those isuzu trooper owners.

My boss is leaving for abroad. He is offering his ride to me at a price of 320K which is an Isuzu trooper a late 97 model with a V6 engine /Gas variant/automatic tranny. Its still in a very good condition (interior and exterior) and he just uses this maybe at most 2 to 3 times a week.
    And it crossed my mind , should I get it ? Looking at it is so tempting , looks tough, wide and robust ... and because I'm also looking for "another car" for my out of town trips with my family ; for my "pang harabas" trip lalo na kapag maulan at malulubak ang kalsada and also as an alternate ride for the number coding scheme.
    I would like to have some feedback about this ride on fuel consumption, performance, parts availability and prices. My boss claims it consumes around 7 to 8 km./L on City driving on mild to moderate stop ang go traffic. And on continuous highway driving like on the NLEX it goes around 9-10Km/L. The figures is just like the consumption of my present ride a Toyota Corona 2.0L exsior....is this true or he is just luring me to get this ride.

Oh by the way, the unit my boss owns is locally purchased and serviced in isuzu alabang.

Any feedbacks will be highly appreciated! Thank you very much to all isuzu trooper owners out there.
    If all what your boss claims is true and accurate, give me his address and I'll beat you to getting it! Seriously, I think you got a steal deal there. best to get that Trooper.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    If all what your boss claims is true and accurate, give me his address and I'll beat you to getting it! Seriously, I think you got a steal deal there. best to get that Trooper.

oo nga ganito ba talaga consumption ng V6 Trooper? Kung ganoon gusto ko rin nyan kasi mahal yung 4JG2 version eh

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tim4h92 View Post
    oo nga ganito ba talaga consumption ng V6 Trooper? Kung ganoon gusto ko rin nyan kasi mahal yung 4JG2 version eh
    Can be. FC may vary depending on the vehicle condition/maintenance and driving habit (driver) but it is not impossible to achieve that fuel efficiency basta satisfactory yung 2 nabanggit ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Can be. FC may vary depending on the vehicle condition/maintenance and driving habit (driver) but it is not impossible to achieve that fuel efficiency basta satisfactory yung 2 nabanggit ko.

Sa bagay, even if your car were in tiptop shape, FC would surely suffer if you had a lead right foot

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    wow! parang gusto ko na kunin yun trooper.
    My boss even suggested that he could give it to me in terms basta paunahan ko muna siya ng mga 200K and the rest before he leaves the country by december.
    Anymore feedbacks mga gurus?....especially sa mga naka gas variants na V6 trooper? karamihan kasi nabasa ko about trooper here in this board concerns on the diesel engines especially sa injectors, mukhang problematic . Ganun din kaya sa mga gas engines? Ano ba engine specs and model ng V6 na late 97 trooper?

Thanks again to any enlightenment. And thanks to those who made some comments , Sir Benzmizer,Sir tim4h92, maraming salamat!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggedyman View Post
    wow! parang gusto ko na kunin yun trooper.
    My boss even suggested that he could give it to me in terms basta paunahan ko muna siya ng mga 200K and the rest before he leaves the country by december.
    Anymore feedbacks mga gurus?....especially sa mga naka gas variants na V6 trooper? karamihan kasi nabasa ko about trooper here in this board concerns on the diesel engines especially sa injectors, mukhang problematic . Ganun din kaya sa mga gas engines? Ano ba engine specs and model ng V6 na late 97 trooper?

Thanks again to any enlightenment. And thanks to those who made some comments , Sir Benzmizer,Sir tim4h92, maraming salamat!
    Terms!? Tirahin mo na yan! Post some pics of the Trooper V6 unit of your boss for us to see.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    7-8km/l on city driving on a 3.2 liter V6? Himala naman! That's pretty much what our 4JX1 Trooper gets! If it REALLY is true, then you can get it. Is it the one with the boxy look? Does it have 4x4? Post pics!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    7-8km/l on city driving on a 3.2 liter V6? Himala naman! That's pretty much what our 4JX1 Trooper gets! If it REALLY is true, then you can get it. Is it the one with the boxy look? Does it have 4x4? Post pics!
    That should be a 4x4.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    3.2 gasoline V6 with 4x4 and still getting 7-8km/l? Are you sure? Baka naman highway lang pala yan! I was expecting something to the tune of 4.5-5.5km/l for this kind of vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
planning to buy an Isuzu Trooper(late 97 model)