New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mga sirs,

ano ba ang normal temp. ng crosswind natin, sa akin kasi mejo lampas half konti, para sobra lang sa half. normal ba?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Use an infrared non contact thermometer aimed at the thermostat housing. Your instrument panel gauge is inaccurate. The operating temperature ranges between 190-240'F

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    mga sirs,

ano ba ang normal temp. ng crosswind natin, sa akin kasi mejo lampas half konti, para sobra lang sa half. normal ba?
    As new, your Crosswind gauge reads a little below half. As they get older, the readings creep up to just over half. If it stays steady there, I wouldn't worry too much, as jick says, the gauge isn't that accurate... but if it fluctuates, have the system checked out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok sir thanx, meron kaya mabibili na instrument panel ng crosswind xuv

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ung check tranny naayos naba bro
    ano naging sira

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by acenie View Post
    mga sirs,

Read its owners manual.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Most engines, including the 4JA-1, has an operating temp of about 95-105°C (200-220°F). If you follow Jick's advice, you should be able to confirm this using a gun-type IR thermometer pointed at the thermostat housing while the engine is at its hottest state (ie. after a reasonably long drive).

The way to work with IR thermometers is to keep pressing on the trigger while pointing it at different parts of the thermostat housing. Get the highest reading as that would be nearest to the actual coolant temp.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where will this guy be getting a gun type IR thermometer?
    I agree that it is normal if it just above the half mark since your thermostat is old already.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Where will this guy be getting a gun type IR thermometer?
    I agree that it is normal if it just above the half mark since your thermostat is old already.
    Half a dozen results on OLX alone.

It's an escalation that he can explore if he really wants to validate that the coolant temps are indeed normal, and all he's having is an instrumentation problem.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i trust my thermostats. none of mine, over the decades, has yet lied me.

at the same temp... an old thermostat goes above the halfway mark, while a new thermostat goes just below the halfway mark...???!!!
    i would suspect first, the cooling system...
    but this is just me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast