New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009

curious lang ako kung normal ang engine temp ng mga hilander namin. yung nasa picture temperature yan ng hilander namin with aircon on yan on a regular day. kapag mainit ang panahon umaabot siya ng 1/3. parehas hilander namin ganyan. yung post kasi ni kevin3000 half ang temperature nya. bakit kaya ganon?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hmm ung kay kevin parang normal lang yan lalo na for diesel engine, like Isuzu Crosswind nasa kalahati yung temperature gauge, tanghali, nakabukas ung aircon, ganyan normally nakukuha naming temperature

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ypyp08 View Post
    Hmm ung kay kevin parang normal lang yan lalo na for diesel engine, like Isuzu Crosswind nasa kalahati yung temperature gauge, tanghali, nakabukas ung aircon, ganyan normally nakukuha naming temperature
    I agree with this. Normal operating temp of any Crosswind is just about half. Nothing to worry about.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ibig sabihin masyadong mababa ang temperature ng hilander namin. apektado ba ang performance kapag masyadong mababa ang temperature?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ramledi View Post
    ibig sabihin masyadong mababa ang temperature ng hilander namin. apektado ba ang performance kapag masyadong mababa ang temperature?
    The normal operating temperature of both the Hilander and Crosswind models are between 82-95 degrees celsius.

As to the "low" temp reading you see on your Hilander, you need not have to worry since the 1/4 reading you see is of the same temp reading to that of the 1/2 of the Crosswind. It is only the calibration of your temp needle that is different that's why it looks like yours is low.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Yep, Same reading as Kev ung sa crosswing ko. Either running on high and low speed. Same din sa old fuego namin. Although at the start of the trip it starts sa C then it slowly moves to H. It goes steady when it reaches approximately 55%. tas doon na lang cya.

You might wanna try checking if it also slowly moves from cold to hot. but upon you initial start of the day tas the needle is already there you might wanna try to calibrate it as Sir Benz said.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    after starting the engine siguro nasa span ng 5 to 10 mins (depends on location mo)weather is malaking factor...yung crosswind ko kasi after driving mga 5 mins it will start rising from C tapos after that magstay na siya sa half (50). Tama po si Sir Benz baka hindi lang calibrated yung needle ng gauge nyo. Or pwede nyo gawin is like this kung meron kayo friend na may crosswind and then may laser thermometer kayo you can check the temperature inside your hood and compare the readings of both cars basta dapat same ang procedure sa pagkuha ng temp (distance ng gun, and saan ipoint yung laser)...just my 2 cents...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    The normal operating temperature of both the Hilander and Crosswind models are between 82-95 degrees celsius.

As to the "low" temp reading you see on your Hilander, you need not have to worry since the 1/4 reading you see is of the same temp reading to that of the 1/2 of the Crosswind. It is only the calibration of your temp needle that is different that's why it looks like yours is low.

ahhh so magkaiba lang kasi talaga ang calibration ng reading ng temperature gauge ng hilander at crosswind. yung hilander xtrm ng uncle ko 1/4 lang din daw ang reading nung tinanong ko kanina.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ramledi View Post
    ahhh so magkaiba lang kasi talaga ang calibration ng reading ng temperature gauge ng hilander at crosswind. yung hilander xtrm ng uncle ko 1/4 lang din daw ang reading nung tinanong ko kanina.
    +1 to this.

The calibration is CORRECT for both Hilander (1/4) and Crosswind (1/2). Magkaiba lang talaga ng calibration yung temp gauges nila.

Ergo, you need not have to calibrate it to look like Crosswind's. Basta keep in mind that if your temp needle (either Hilander or Crosswind) goes up or down from it's normal temp reading, best to have it check right away. Something is likely wrong.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    in 10 minutes, my xto's in half of it's gauge and never reach more than that. the needle drops to 1/3 whenever i switch off the a/c.

mahirap pala pag di mo kilala ang crosswind, cause i friend of mine who saw the gauge of my xto in half alarmly said na mag-ooverheat na daw yung ride ko.
    thank God i that i backread before hearing his comment.

Normal Operating Temperature