New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hi, I am very disappointed when I have my cosswind break in for the first 15oo km. I requested different casa to allow me to use my own engine oil(elf trophy 15w40 ch4) and they turned me down saying its the policy of Isuzu Phils. to use isuzu motor oil in order to have continued warrnty. I have no choice but to comply. Later I found out that the motor oil they used is only monograde sae40 and they charge me 240 pesos per liter which I felt its very much expensive where you can purchase a multigrade oil around 170-180 vat included. My point is
    1. I used to own a 1997 fuego and 2003 crosswind and service at casa using branded oil like mobil , elf, conoco and they allowed it. So far I have no problem using them for almost 13 years, specially with conoco which is hydro cracked and more refine thus less smoke.
    2. If ever I knew before hand that Isuzu Phils compel us to use their own motor oil, I wont buy the crosswind. Because Toyota, honda, kia and hyundai allowed me to use my engine oil as as their specs are met.
    3.Isuzu motor oil came from Thailand and I dont Know who is their manufacturer as compare with those branded which are accepted, recognized and trusted worldwide.
    4.they overcharge us by MORE THAn 50% while depriving us the chance to use a BETTER OIL.
    5.If you are going to use synthetic oil from casa, they will allow it even if its not made from isuzu. my point is why those branded synthetic oil they will allow but not mineral oil. Its very inconsistent maybe you know why. $$$ is number one over service and customer satisfaction.
    6.To Isuzu Phils if you have read my thread , please consider my request especially to Richard, customer satisfaction is more important than profit. unless you can convince me that your engine oil more superior than those recognized in the market.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    hi, I am very disappointed when I have my cosswind break in for the first 15oo km. I requested different casa to allow me to use my own engine oil(elf trophy 15w40 ch4) and they turned me down saying its the policy of Isuzu Phils. to use isuzu motor oil in order to have continued warrnty. I have no choice but to comply. Later I found out that the motor oil they used is only monograde sae40 and they charge me 240 pesos per liter which I felt its very much expensive where you can purchase a multigrade oil around 170-180 vat included. My point is
    1. I used to own a 1997 fuego and 2003 crosswind and service at casa using branded oil like mobil , elf, conoco and they allowed it. So far I have no problem using them for almost 13 years, specially with conoco which is hydro cracked and more refine thus less smoke.
    2. If ever I knew before hand that Isuzu Phils compel us to use their own motor oil, I wont buy the crosswind. Because Toyota, honda, kia and hyundai allowed me to use my engine oil as as their specs are met.
    3.Isuzu motor oil came from Thailand and I dont Know who is their manufacturer as compare with those branded which are accepted, recognized and trusted worldwide.
    4.they overcharge us by MORE THAn 50% while depriving us the chance to use a BETTER OIL.
    5.If you are going to use synthetic oil from casa, they will allow it even if its not made from isuzu. my point is why those branded synthetic oil they will allow but not mineral oil. Its very inconsistent maybe you know why. $$$ is number one over service and customer satisfaction.
    6.To Isuzu Phils if you have read my thread , please consider my request especially to Richard, customer satisfaction is more important than profit. unless you can convince me that your engine oil more superior than those recognized in the market.
    I posted a somewhat similar thread here about this.

Isuzu is quite inflexible when it comes to these things.

On another note, my MAPRE insurance (in house Isuzu insurance) for my Isuzu Alterra is expiring this June. I got a renewal quote from Isuzu for a premium of P 41,200. I called Toyota insurance (the same I had for my Vios) and they quoted premium for my Alterra at only PHP 39,200. What's more, in the Toyota, my participation is fixed at 3000 per incident whereas in Isuzu it is 50% of the cost or 3000 whichever is higher. I will be taking the Toyota insurance of course

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Still under warranty? You have no choice.

As far as I know, IGMO is a repackaged Caltex Delo.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I posted a somewhat similar thread here about this.

Isuzu is quite inflexible when it comes to these things.

On another note, my MAPRE insurance (in house Isuzu insurance) for my Isuzu Alterra is expiring this June. I got a renewal quote from Isuzu for a premium of P 41,200. I called Toyota insurance (the same I had for my Vios) and they quoted premium for my Alterra at only PHP 39,200. What's more, in the Toyota, my participation is fixed at 3000 per incident whereas in Isuzu it is 50% of the cost or 3000 whichever is higher. I will be taking the Toyota insurance of course
    From my knowledge, it is a general practice that participation for CV is 1% of the insured value per incident. Having offered a fixed participation (applied to PC) is a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Still under warranty? You have no choice.

As far as I know, IGMO is a repackaged Caltex Delo.
    So I heard too. It is indeed Caltex who locally formulate IGMO --- which, so to speak, is Caltex Delo 500. No love loss, Delo 500 is highly recommended to for diesel MBs (as a local source)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Chief, the oil that your Isuzu service centre gave you is the mineral-base grade 40 oil. We all have a share of this maintenance scheme that Isuzu does for all its customers as part of the 3-year warranty.

The better semi-synthetic Besco 10W-30 is actually a very good oil but Isuzu imposes every 5000 km change oil for it much like the mineral-base grade 40's interval of oil-change. The Besco is very good because it contains relatively high total base number (TBN) of almost 15, which is important since our diesel fuels here in Philippines still contains high-sulphur between 300 ppm to 500 ppm, give or take. The product of sulphur is sulphur oxidation which is acidic and the only way to neutralise it is using an oil that contains "basic or high pH" compounds (acid-base chemistry of neutralisation per se) such as Besco, and the higher the TBN, the better.... But the Besco is also expensive, however, and you have to change it every 5000 km only.... Not economical for many of us....

Now, if you want to "save a bit" on your regular maintenance but achieving at the same time excellent protection, you can ask your Isuzu service centre for any of the fully-synthetic lines that allows you to have longer-drain interval of every 10,000 km....
    ....Some Isuzu service centres sell ester-base Motul Specific-CRDi 5W-40, PAO-based Torco SD5 15W-40, Mobil Delvac Gold 5W-40. Of all these three (3) i mentioned, my top choice is the Mobil Delvac 5W-40 because other than its excellent detergency, its kinematic viscosity, it has the highest TBN of 12, according to its product label. The Motul and Torco are also very good but they only contain a TBN of around 8.

Just my 2 centavos, while you're under your warranty.... Goodluck!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Walco in banawe near e. rodriguez ave sells parts as well motor oil much lower than casa. Walco is also the authorized retailer of Isuzu parts. they have besco motor oil mas mura po kesa casa.

we used to have a 02 trooper (4jx1) and all parts sa walco namin binili may warranty lahat po naman

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    Walco in banawe near e. rodriguez ave sells parts as well motor oil much lower than casa. Walco is also the authorized retailer of Isuzu parts. they have besco motor oil mas mura po kesa casa.

we used to have a 02 trooper (4jx1) and all parts sa walco namin binili may warranty lahat po naman
    downside lang doon sa walco. masungit ung mayari na lalaki, parang galit sa mundo. 1500 for 4 liters besco oil while sa casa is 1600. sana mag smile ung may ari. hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    So I heard too. It is indeed Caltex who locally formulate IGMO --- which, so to speak, is Caltex Delo 500. No love loss, Delo 500 is highly recommended to for diesel MBs (as a local source)
    is delo 500 = delo gold synthetic?

sir, i think even some toyota casas do not allow bringing of own oil already. i have also heard that elf trophy is a very good oil. and affordable. i tried looking for auto supply here in manila selling elf, but couldnt find one. can i know san ka nakahanap and magkano? pati conoco na sir. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    is delo 500 = delo gold synthetic?

sir, i think even some toyota casas do not allow bringing of own oil already. i have also heard that elf trophy is a very good oil. and affordable. i tried looking for auto supply here in manila selling elf, but couldnt find one. can i know san ka nakahanap and magkano? pati conoco na sir. thanks!
    I bought those 2 brands oil from a local distributor.But out of stock right now.
    With regards to the Igmo oil required by isuzu , it is only monograde sae 40 and api cf only as compare to elf trophy, it is multigrade 15w-40 and api ch4. Its far more superior than the igmo oil. and they bill us P240 per liter is too much. The reason why I like to use a more superior oil is since the engine is brand new ,and I want in as much as possible to keep it clean and reduce carbon deposit.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I bought those 2 brands oil from a local distributor.But out of stock right now.
    With regards to the Igmo oil required by isuzu , it is only monograde sae 40 and api cf only as compare to elf trophy, it is multigrade 15w-40 and api ch4. Its far more superior than the igmo oil. and they bill us P240 per liter is too much. The reason why I like to use a more superior oil is since the engine is brand new ,and I want in as much as possible to keep it clean and reduce carbon deposit.
    (Regardless of oil type), Regular PMS and proper (engine) use should keep your engine in top (and brand new) condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
No isuzu motor oil- no warranty, is it fair trade practice