New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDR View Post
    Good Day! just would like to know whether alterra urban cruiser is made in thailand? because my dad paid for a 4x4 alterra urban cruiser and the agent told him that we have to wait until end of march because there is no stock here in the Phil for the 4x4 they have to order it daw in thailand...
    Yes. All brand new vehicles sold locally these days are CKD except for the Alterra (CBU)

By the way, what color of the 4x4 Alterra are you buying? I may be of help.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good Day! just would like to know whether alterra urban cruiser is made in thailand? because my dad paid for a 4x4 alterra urban cruiser and the agent told him that we have to wait until end of march because there is no stock here in the Phil for the 4x4 they have to order it daw in thailand...
    Yes it does come from Thailand. I was also told of a long wait when I ordered mine.

However, I received delivery within ten days! A very pleasant surprise indeed.

I beleive that the standard answer is six to eight weeks for a 4X4. They do not keep a large stock in the Philippines, and Philippines stock yard do not bother to phone Thailand for availability.

The 4X4 is a "bargain price" and is desireable because it has a limited slip differential.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    *uncle nick: Thanks very much for the information. I dont really know what limited slip differential is but its nice to hear that my dad definitely made the right choice. I am really glad that i found this forum, it is very much informative specially you uncle nick... seeing your previous posts... More power...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    *Benzmizer: sir may i know what CKD and CBU is? forgive my ignorance... i am really a newbie here.... my dad ordered for silky pearl white... thanks sir and more power...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    You should also consider the hyundai stafe. It has the most advance engine compared to fortuner, montero, and alterra. A 2.2 L engine that produces over 190ps(stafe)! When it comes to speed, stability, driving experience that SUV is a real winner, almost close to driving a european entry level suv.
    Yes, I agree with you. Santa fe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Benzmizer: sir may i know what CKD and CBU is? forgive my ignorance... i am really a newbie here.... my dad ordered for silky pearl white... thanks sir and more power...
    CBU = Completely Built Up; car imported fully built.
    CKD = Completely Knocked Down; all the components, and parts needed to build a complete car, brought into the country, and assembled in an assembly plant. Just like a tamiya car kit. ;)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    CBU = Completely Built Up; car imported fully built.
    CKD = Completely Knocked Down; all the components, and parts needed to build a complete car, brought into the country, and assembled in an assembly plant. Just like a tamiya car kit. ;)
    Thank you for the enlightenment sir. Which is better sir the CBU or CKD?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thank you for the enlightenment sir. Which is better sir the CBU or CKD?
    Well, some "think" that CBU is more superior than CKD but in reality, the standards of assembly (i personally believe) is comparable. The advantage of CKD is the manufacturer is able to "control" the cost of the assembled unit since there are some components in the vehicle that are already "localized" -- ergo, giving them (manufacturers) the flexibility to reduce the finished product.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post

Just follow a coil spring vehicle over a bumpy road as compared to an Isuzu. See how the coil spring units sway side to side as they go up and down! You will never drive anything other than Isuzu again!

On Google, there is a letter (from Africa) about a man driving his Fortuner on a gravel road , too fast. An Isuzu passed him and was going nice and straight at a higher speed than the Fortuner. The Fortuner flipped almost immediately after being passed by the Isuzu. The driver almost killed his mother, wife and kids.

There are other stories - all bad - some with fatalities. It is all on Google.

And to think, The Montero is almost a clone of the Fortuner.

By the way, Isuzu does not add bells and whistles to attract buyers. Their vehicle engineering is already proven as it does not need fixing. That is why they do not need to change the design, because it works as it is.

I could go on and on, really!

But here is a suggestion.

Visit a Toyota and Mitsubisi repair shop (Casa) and see that they always have vehicles to repair, somehow.

Visit an Isuzu Casa and you will find that they are doing PMS inspections, preparing new vehicles for delivery, doing body work, etc. BUT seldom, if ever, actual mechanical repair work.

I admit that I am prejudiced about the superiority of the Alterra.

However, facts are facts!

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Isuzu cannot spend too much on developing its products. It's a problem that afflicts most specialized manufacturers whose products are catered to a specific segment of the market. That's why they rely on adding bells and whistles on some of their core products to try and keep them 'fresh' in the market. The original Crosswind is based on the Isuzu Fuego chassis from eons ago. It came out same time with the Adventure and Tamaraw FX Revo. Mitsubishi has already developed the Fusion (albeit with lukewarm market reception due to a lack of a diesel engine), and Toyota has already gone mid-cycle with the Innova. But Isuzu is still marketing the Crosswind. Now I'm not one to discount it on the fact of it being an old design (I'm a fan of the Land Rover Defender which is still based on the 1948 Series Rover). But I think Isuzu should try and put up with the times also. Airbags and ABS are welcome additions even as options or even at least 3point ELR belts on rear seats? Or the 100bhp engine of the Fuego where it was based from.

But Isuzu just keeps adding accessories to the units instead. Numerous LCD monitors, chrome trim, seat massagers, new stereo, new door trim, new spare tire cover, new wheel design, etc. Same thing with Alterra. New monitors, change the headlamps, new wheels, etc. If it floats your boat, there's nothing wrong with it.

As for coils vs other forms of suspensions, I've already come from a torsion bar/leaf spring combo vehicle then moved to a torsion bar coil spring combo. Now I'm running four wheel coils on solid axles front and rear. It's a matter of preference I guess. And being aware that this class of vehicles handle differently than normal road cars is a plus also. I have yet to flip any of them despite the fact that the vehicles are being used both on and off road and in responding code 3 to emergency calls. Maybe this requires another thread so as not to hijack the Alterra discussion and so we can hear from owners of other brands.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Isuzu cannot spend too much on developing its products. It's a problem that afflicts most specialized manufacturers whose products are catered to a specific segment of the market. That's why they rely on adding bells and whistles on some of their core products to try and keep them 'fresh' in the market. The original Crosswind is based on the Isuzu Fuego chassis from eons ago. It came out same time with the Adventure and Tamaraw FX Revo. Mitsubishi has already developed the Fusion (albeit with lukewarm market reception due to a lack of a diesel engine), and Toyota has already gone mid-cycle with the Innova. But Isuzu is still marketing the Crosswind. Now I'm not one to discount it on the fact of it being an old design (I'm a fan of the Land Rover Defender which is still based on the 1948 Series Rover). But I think Isuzu should try and put up with the times also. Airbags and ABS are welcome additions even as options or even at least 3point ELR belts on rear seats? Or the 100bhp engine of the Fuego where it was based from.

But Isuzu just keeps adding accessories to the units instead. Numerous LCD monitors, chrome trim, seat massagers, new stereo, new door trim, new spare tire cover, new wheel design, etc. Same thing with Alterra. New monitors, change the headlamps, new wheels, etc. If it floats your boat, there's nothing wrong with it.

As for coils vs other forms of suspensions, I've already come from a torsion bar/leaf spring combo vehicle then moved to a torsion bar coil spring combo. Now I'm running four wheel coils on solid axles front and rear. It's a matter of preference I guess. And being aware that this class of vehicles handle differently than normal road cars is a plus also. I have yet to flip any of them despite the fact that the vehicles are being used both on and off road and in responding code 3 to emergency calls.
    Very true! Another thing is the security feature, Isuzu doesn't have immobilizers, that's why I ended up with Honda Jazz

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser