New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt if you could spring for the Alterra kahit base, go for it!! In terms of refinement and power and interior fit and finish lamang head and shoulders ang alterra. Both engines (4ja-1 and 4jj-tc) are very sturdy it's just that the 4jj of the alterra is vastly more modern and to put it bluntly just better.
    +2! enough said!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vin23 View Post
    So you are saying that Toyota is selling us brand new half broken car? We don't have an Innova but we have a Fortuner with the same engine and for more than 4 years we didn't have any problems with it.

Wag po tayo mag generalize. Hindi porke may naging problema ang isang engine eh lahat na ng kapatid nito ay may sira rin. Wala pong perpektong makina.

Natawa naman ako sa comments nyo napunta na lang sa usapang "baha". I don't have any grudge with the crosswind, in fact sinabi ko pa nga sa old post ko "for the fact that Isuzu engines are really reliable". I'm just saying na masyado na outdated ang crosswind for our present time with its engine. Mas ok pa na bumili si TS ng Dmax which is the same price range ng Crosswind XUV/Sportivo. That is if our TS is open with the pick-up option.
    OT: with toyota's name frequenting the news for their "recalls", who wouldn't have second thoughts? i'm not generalizing toyota's products nor even hate them. in fact, i love using my sis-in-law's innova for the driving comfort it gives. but the fact that "many" has been inconvenienced by their faulty D4D and other issues, i think these are enough reasons to give me/us qualms.
    and don't just say that i'm exaggerating an "isolated" case here when all these happened and are still happening to "many". whatever happened to the mighty toyota and it's integrity?
    sabi nga ng kaibigan ko, pagbibili ka sa kanila dapat ata eh magaling ka mag "ini-mini-miny-moe"? hehe.
    lucky you with your fort, and i wish you good fortune with it. but sometimes you have to get your self off the wheel so you can take a look around.*
    anyway about sa crosswind lang naman ang tinatanong ni TS and ang would be headache nya sa aesthetics nito.

my two pence

and about sa baha, siempre i'm very proud on what my 10 year old outdated XTO can do! yeah!!! sorry sir, but the crazy me can't help but brag!
    MABABAW lang ako pero MALALIM ang naabot ng crosswind ko MASAYA nako!!! hehehe

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    cheers to that!very well said!long live the mighty crosswind!

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    OT: with toyota's name frequenting the news for their "recalls", who wouldn't have second thoughts? i'm not generalizing toyota's products nor even hate them. in fact, i love using my sis-in-law's innova for the driving comfort it gives. but the fact that "many" has been inconvenienced by their faulty D4D and other issues, i think these are enough reasons to give me/us qualms.
    and don't just say that i'm exaggerating an "isolated" case here when all these happened and are still happening to "many". whatever happened to the mighty toyota and it's integrity?
    sabi nga ng kaibigan ko, pagbibili ka sa kanila dapat ata eh magaling ka mag "ini-mini-miny-moe"? hehe.
    lucky you with your fort, and i wish you good fortune with it. but sometimes you have to get your self off the wheel so you can take a look around.*
    anyway about sa crosswind lang naman ang tinatanong ni TS and ang would be headache nya sa aesthetics nito.

my two pence

and about sa baha, siempre i'm very proud on what my 10 year old outdated XTO can do! yeah!!! sorry sir, but the crazy me can't help but brag!
    MABABAW lang ako pero MALALIM ang naabot ng crosswind ko MASAYA nako!!! hehehe
    Hahaha. Mababaw talaga.

I find it funny how Crosswind owners can feel good about their car. So in this guy's example, he had a day where he was able to cross floods when other cars couldn't.

What about the other 364 days? You'd be driving around in a slow (0-100kph in 1 hour haha) and noisy (clackclakclackshakeshakeshake) piece of s. So you'd rather have that 1 good day instead of having 364 good ones?

You just answered it yourself when you said the Alterra is way better than the Crosswind. Modern tech beats Jurassic tech. Haha.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    BURGIS...the watcher;1777962]Hahaha. Mababaw talaga.

I find it funny how Crosswind owners can feel good about their car. So in this guy's example, he had a day where he was able to cross floods when other cars couldn't.

What about the other 364 days? You'd be driving around in a slow (0-100kph in 1 hour haha) and noisy (clackclakclackshakeshakeshake) piece of s. So you'd rather have that 1 good day instead of having 364 good ones?

You just answered it yourself when you said the Alterra is way better than the Crosswind. Modern tech beats Jurassic tech. Haha.

* Ganun ba! Pasensya na PO! OLD SKOLL lng PO kami pero... Mag Ingat nalang kayo sa pag mamaneho nyo at pag labas sa kalsada at baka matiyambahan kayo nang mga nagkalat na Isuzu made engine vehicle at worsssstt... baka PUJ pa or PUB Kumalabit sa harap o likod mo... BUUULLLAAGGAA!!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by X_Bow_823 View Post
    Hi to all!

Thank you for all the off- and on- topic comments that were posted.

I'll keep them all in mind. Meanwhile, is the Sportivo Automatic a good buy? or should we just "add" more and go for a "cheaper" alterra?

regards to everyone! :-)
    IMO you'd be better off getting a higher-spec unit sir, in this case, the alterra. as mentioned by sir babkalakal and sir Benzmizer above, the alterra is better in every sense than the sportivo.
    sa akin lang po, parang ang mahal ng benta ng isuzu sa sportivo, kahit na luma na yung engine technology. kung crdi lang po sana yang sportivo sa tingin ko good choice sana. dinaan lang po ng isuzu sa gadgets and "toys" yung "upgrade" nila sa sportivo.
    kung reliability lang din po pag uusapan subok na rin yung makina ng alterra since ilang years na din pong binebenta to sa local market.
    kung sa AUV segment po talaga hanap niyong sasakyan, mas sulit na po yung toyota innova. mas refined po ang ride since hindi na leaf yung spring sa likod. i think naresolve na yung crdi problem nila since wala na akong nababasa/naririnig na complaints from newer unit owners...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    +1 to this.

Since you have mentioned it, heaven and earth ang difference ng engine and ride performance between the Crosswind and Alterra. 85ps vs. 146ps.... no brainer. Given this, would you believe that the FC is comparable? Yeah! Size and space too is a landslide win for the Alterra.

Come to think of it, if you're to finance the purchase, the MA between both is comparable too.
    Agreed! sa presyo ngayon ng fuel, economy ng alterra is something you will really appreciate. Isa sa trump card ng Isuzu ng and low fuel consumption. Sa lahat ng natanong ko na may pick-up as far as crdis go dmax, which has the same engine as the alterra ang pinaka matipid. maski 3 o 2.5 liters pa sya.

Sa alterra din maski mas malaki initial downpayment vs sportivo ma-recover mo naman yun somewhat come resale tsaka sobra paconsuelo mo na alterra ang gamit mo with all of it's advantages.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
    Hahaha. Mababaw talaga.

wala naman akong sinabing xwind is the best car or has the best engine. car issues ang pinupunto ko.
    let's be real. kung halos magkapresyo alterra at xwind siempre sa alterra nako. simple lang naman yun.

sinong nagsabi sayo na mabagal ang xwind? halos wala nga akong nakasabay sa baha kundi
    mga tricycle lang. hehe

kahit bumaha pa araw-araw ako pa rin ang mauunang maka-uwi (dito samen)hehehe
    pag hindi ka makalusong sa baha sunduin pa kita! hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    sir kayo anu na ba nagustuhan nyo

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    toyota adimitted that theres a problem with some of their model,thats why,they forced to recall some of it...kaya im proud isuzu crosswind owner din,tungkol naman sa usok,kahit crdi pa yan,at pabaya ka,uusok pa din yan,kasi diesel yan e,madami din akong nakikitang mausok na innova bro,kaya nasa owner talaga yan...pero sa akin,di naman mausok kasi avery 2 years palinis ko ng nozzle...

and yun lang talaga maipagmamalaki ko,sa baha...inabot na ako ng baha sa parteng taguig sa Expressway...ang nakakalusot na lang mga bus and truck,pero pati crosswind ko,tinawid ko na din...sorry sa mga naka innova,pero kelangan nila palipasin humupa yung baha...di nga binabaha yan pero tumitirik,tapos ilulusong pa nila...sorry sa OT...

anyway TS,walang bagong development sa crosswind in terms of engine enhancement,low charge turbo lang talaga sa manual variation yung latest...

anyway,may mga ka member kami sa "crosswind owner" sa FB na napaabot na ng mahigit kalahating milyon yung odo ng hilander(old crosswind)nila...pero di pa na rebuild makina...hanggang ngayon,ginagamit pa din...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
New Buyer Help! ("new" Isuzu Crosswind)