New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mga sir i have several questions, if you would be kind enough
    i just got a good deal for a 97 fuego 4x2 ls. its pretty beat up and the front suspension needs total overhauling but i got it dirt cheap (from my tito) hehe
    anyway here are my problems

1. the idling sometimes acts up, even moreso if the a/c is on, it sometimes stalls, but not all the time, after a while of running, the idling would slowly go down and stall, so i have to turn the aircon off just to prevent it from stalling. sometimes, the idling would not go down after i released the accelerator
    i had the valve clearances reseated and changed fuel filter and air filter element. i also ahd the accelerator cable changed. what could be the problem? i am gonna try to have the timing changed

2. i checked because the speedometer is not running and there is no cable, there is a socket on the tranny, so i got a new speedo cable, but there is no socket on the instrument panel. my mechanic says its electronic. we noticed 2 cut wire terminals from the tranny. is this the speedo terminal?

thanks for the help
    more power

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    you need adjustment or repair of your injection pump.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Congratulations on your purchase of a reliable piece of machine!

Lets do an elimination process arranged from cheapest to more costly.

1. Adjust your idle around 600rpm. Also check for air in the fuel system.
    2. Check your step up vacuum switch para ma stabalize ang idle during aircon operation.
    3 Usually there is only one outlet sa trans which is for reverse light but kung electronic na odometer mo it should be an additional outlet.
    4. Trace the line which you think the cut wires are connected.

Goodluck and feel free to as any questions sa thread!

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi, i got this fuego for a year and a half now.i have some trouble with the idling, at first start the idling is good around 800 rpm but as i am travelling further and especially when traffic iv'e noticed that as i go further like an hour or two of travel and especially when traffic parang masyadong nagvibrate.what might be the problem, help me out guys...thnx

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    btw its a 98 model ls 4x2 m/t

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Try to check fuel filter and drain water seperator.
    Check also ruptured fuel lines or loose clamps.

Need Help with 97 Isuzu Fuego ls 4x2, idling and speedo problem