New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    brand new is brand new.. hindi naman nalalayo ang adventure sa sportivo.. parehas lang auv yan with dinosaur technology.. size at engine at porma lang difference.. 700k mo dagdagan mo konti may top of the line adventure ka na, or better strada.. kung may budget ka pa pang down mo na lang yan and get a starex tci 10 seater M/T

at 700k price.. mag brandnew ka na lang.. masyadong mahal yan at 700k tapos sira pa alarm.. tapos basag pa windshield?? baka ondoy victim yan..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhollanda View Post
    i was just pointing out the difference of a brand new over a second hand regardless of what brand...no one beats a brand new any vehicle over the maintenance cost ng 2nd hand vehicle...
    Not necessarily.

You have to qualify. You might be surprised that a relatively new well-maintained pre-owned unit would be "cheaper" to maintain than a brand new unit.

Brand new? Expensive comprehensive insurance. You are at the mercy of the casa for your maintenance work (or else warranty is void), etc. And if its bank-financed you cannot escape the almost 30% interest rate you have to shoulder, pay the chattel, pay to "unencumber" your unit later.

The proverbial "peace of mind" of a brand new unit comes with a price. Hopefully, you would not be unlucky to get a "lemon" unit.
    Last edited by Gerbo; August 12th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa second hand naman hopefully you would not be unlucky to get an "ondoy" victim unit..

sa second hand transfer mo pa sa name mo TMG etc etc (masakit pa nyan may problem pala pagka macro etching mo!!! nakow po !!).. tapos bayad ka pa sa extra repairs.. possible pa din na "lemon" unit yan kahit 2nd hand...

kung 2nd hand unit well maintained na SUV siguro over a brand new AUV eh sa SUV ako pero kung 2nd hand AUV to brand new AUV dun ako sa brandnew at that 700k price tag..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i really appreciate your thoughts, guys. actually, i am locked on a sportivo second hand. it'll be for family use and my wife and i just like the way it looks. but i can't afford a brand new one. the amount is as high as i can go that's why i'd like to and expect to get sana my moolah's worth. di rin biro e.

i can live with the maintenance and an isuzu, based on what i've been reading, would require less, being a "dinosaur". problem is, can't seem to find one i like and i'm very wary of Ondoy-ravaged ones. FYI, i've also tried looking at sulit.com.

itong sportivo na tinitingnan ko, di naman na-Ondoy at siya pa bahala sa transfer ownership, which i really detest going through for obvious reasons. kakain pa ng oras ko.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But then, 57k on the clock for a 2006 car is really quite a lot, in comparison, our 2002 Trooper only has 67k on the clock. The Sportivo is a sturdy and fuel efficient vehicle, but its as ancient as it can get, like a caveman wearing a business suit, so to speak. Its actually just a Hilander with a new exterior, which in turn was based from the Fuego's predecessor. The Sportivo has a high resale value, but I don't feel that its worth that much. How many are you in the family? Do you need all of the Sportivo's seating capacity and perhaps also haul a lot of stuff? Do tell us your criteria for an ideal car. Personally I'd suggest the Innova, Carens, Starex GRX or if you like old school diesels, there's the '06 Everest.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Pero iba ba din reliability ng 4JA1, kaya ganyan presyo niyan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hi, guys. got a Sportivo 2007 Automatic at P700k. can't pass up the chance, even though i was looking for one with manual transmission. am happy with it!
    now i would need your advice on how best to maintain it.
    thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    hi, guys. got a Sportivo 2007 Automatic at P700k. can't pass up the chance, even though i was looking for one with manual transmission. am happy with it!
    now i would need your advice on how best to maintain it.
    thanks

Congratulations!

Best to have all fluids drained (engine oil, coolant, transmission, gear and brake) and replace with new. Same goes with filters. Thou it's been raining the past days, perform an underwash to make sure that your Sportivo's underside is clean. Try to make this as regular as 2x a month.

As much as possible, start idle your Sportivo until the operating temp reaches normal (almost mid of the indicator) prior to putting load (engaging transmission).

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks, benzmizer. when i have the time, i'll browse through the posts here about the sportivo. i will really appreciate all your advice because this is way distant from my lancer EL '94, which is very, very easy to maintain.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    thanks, benzmizer. when i have the time, i'll browse through the posts here about the sportivo. i will really appreciate all your advice because this is way distant from my lancer EL '94, which is very, very easy to maintain.
    Honestly, this is easier.... and damn durable! My '03 XUVi AT ran almost 90k when I sold it back in 2007. Believe it or not, I didn't do anything with the vehicle but the required mileage PMS. I didn't replace anything in the suspension or engine but the usual filters/oil.

Ride and Drive...... literally!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast