New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    ah .. how much mo dispose sir? actually nga last week nasira ulit yung trooper .. we found out that the vindex drive sa starter motor eh bumigay .. so we canvass in casas and SPEEDLAB they gave us price for 35t wala pang labor, so we go to banawe that same day and from 35t, price is reduced to 6t HEHE ..

i change my airfilter nga pala to a K&N high flow open type filter .. ayun tumipid and lumakas hatak ..

sir can i buy BESCO from local stores?
    bumigay na starter mo? 03 yung trooper ko...sold it mga october of last year...good price pa rin...had the three parts warrantied out of good will... the car has power, no doubt..good ride, quiet, nice transmission...but i dont want to be driving a vehicle and everytime i do...im thinking if it will fail or fall apart on me...first and last isuzu vehicle for me. im not sure where to buy besco...try sourcing sa banawe..i remember meron store that sells isuzu parts..forgot na the name.

sir comment nman , im planning to replace my tire to 265 from 245 .. ok lnang ba?
    265 is okay for that vehicle..no problem on rubbing against anything... if you get something bigger..you will sacrifice ride, FC... 265 kaysia sa strada..what more trooper.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i agree .. trooper's interior is much more luxurious that of pajero's and patrol's .. yes bumigay na starter ko .. found out na similar pala sa starter ng jeep yung nasa trooper namin .. sir kamusta depreciation value ng trooper? ok nman ba?

question .. can i buy besco oil from casa without servicing my unit?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i agree .. trooper's interior is much more luxurious that of pajero's and patrol's .. yes bumigay na starter ko .. found out na similar pala sa starter ng jeep yung nasa trooper namin .. sir kamusta depreciation value ng trooper? ok nman ba?

question .. can i buy besco oil from casa without servicing my unit?
    lets not talk about depreciation pare..what i can say is..pajero has better depreciation. check the buy & sell section....only the misinformed buys a 4jx1.

now on your second question...i dont know the answer..best to call casa or better yet...find that store sa banawe..try reading or searching dito ..you will find that store... actually...just make sure correct ang oil rating na gagamitin mo...i know some trooper owner dito have mentioned some synthetic oils..i think its petron...ive used it before..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir how about motul 300v power racing?
    estimate sakin ng speedlab is around 18k yung 65tk pms ko

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sir alam mo ba? may engine almost blew when that injector of my trooper fails? buti nalang nabunot kaagad ng driver namin yung key sa ignition kundi blown engine na sana ..
    this happens when the trooper is a year old palang .. bute nalang under warranty pa but still weve waited 6 long months and pay almost 30 tousand pesos .. tsk tsk .. sir how can i be assured na besco nga gamit ng casa? once kasi i saw them siphoning oil from a ELF (brand) labeled barrel and when i ask them "kuya ano yan? they say it was an engin oil .. last PMS ng trooper ko is on isuzu pasig .. BESCO ba sila dun? and can i buy besco lubricants aside from casa? where can i buy it?

tnx very much sir
    just an opinion...

to all the owners who bought their units brand new from isuzu.
    i suggest you follow their service PMS strictly and have i done sa isuzu casa and buy their oils and filters instead of the regular gas station.

the reason? just in case your injector or Common rail fails, you would be in a better position to negotiate on the warranty of the parts affected since the unit was maintained by their shop and there is absolutely no excuse for the engine to fail.

as an additional info, if you can visit some threads from where isuzu issued recalls, irregardless of the kind of oil used on the 4jx1, there is no hope coz the problem of the 4jx1 is the engine design (the exact explanation was posted in PAIT).

but maybe.. just maybe... but i dont see any reason why a P1.65 Million peso SUV sold all over the world but discontinued in 2002, and selling it (launched) in the philippines in 2003 will suddenly be sensitive to oil thus making 4jx1 trooper owners scared and doing anything possible to avoid the injector malfunction. would'nt you be sleeping better if you sold the trooper and get another SUV?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Trooper

second paragrah said that isuzu discontinued export.... then last paragraph said only philippines sold troopers until 2005, only available with the problematic 4jx1.

talk about bigtime dumping

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir we followed the scheduled PMS and we have it done at isuzu commonwealth .. FYI he 2005 trooper is much more expensive than older models, ours is priced at 1.995.000 FYI

mas mahal daw because of the new design like the new sparetire cover, chrome but only 16 inch mags (same as older models) and front chin na madaling matanggal ..

so sir other brands ofoil ba is safe for 4jx1?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sir we followed the scheduled PMS and we have it done at isuzu commonwealth .. FYI he 2005 trooper is much more expensive than older models, ours is priced at 1.995.000 FYI

mas mahal daw because of the new design like the new sparetire cover, chrome but only 16 inch mags (same as older models) and front chin na madaling matanggal ..

wow...that is expensive...and look at the price right now....sell it while you still can.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    wow...that is expensive...and look at the price right now....sell it while you still can.
    yung nga plano ni daddy pero may another prob .. may 9 months pang kulang ang unit (mga 450K pa ang kulang) so in total mga 2.8 na lahat lahat ..

sir how bout ROYAL PURPLE SYNTHETICS?

http://www.royalpurple.com/motor-oil-pp.html

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

When did you buy your Trooper? I thought the Skyroof edition was the last model sold.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yung nga plano ni daddy pero may another prob .. may 9 months pang kulang ang unit (mga 450K pa ang kulang) so in total mga 2.8 na lahat lahat ..

sir how bout ROYAL PURPLE SYNTHETICS?

http://www.royalpurple.com/motor-oil-pp.html
    sorry..i wouldnt know the answer..pls read the PAIT thread..someone posted something to do with free checkup on injectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
is mobil1 safe for 4jx1 trooper engine?