New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ACMILAN View Post
    Where is this dealer located?
    prices from Isuzu Alabang. Just call dealers in metro manila to get the best deal. Wag lang sa Gencars Makati, their prices are too high.

Isuzu Alabang and Pasig are Ayala companies, so, most likely same ang prices.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Wow! That's good! Thanks for the tip. Anyways, my friend's Trooper (the Sunroof series) haven't expierence a nozzle problem yet since he have it changed oil every 3000KM using Elf lubes.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I checked the prices in isuzu pasig:

Air Filter = P965
    Oil Filter = P903/400
    Fuel Filter = P905

Its a tad expensive compared to Isuzu Alabang but keep in mind (if you live North of Manila) you still have to pay gas, toll and more importantly the travelling time.

Thanks for all your help. I have decided that I will go to Walco for my change oil and use Petron Rev-X All Terrain 5w-30 Fully Synthetic Oil.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Sir ACMILAN,

Alalay na lang sa pagpunta sa Walco. Ang hirap ng parking doon.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir ACMILLAN,

magkano po ang nagastos niyo sa mga parts ng Trooper niyo? anu-ano po ang mga pinapaltan nyo? tnx.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    sir ACMILLAN,

magkano po ang nagastos niyo sa mga parts ng Trooper niyo? anu-ano po ang mga pinapaltan nyo? tnx.
    Lahat lahat mga less than 5k. I changed my oil, (Petron All terrain 5w-30) fuel and oil filters. Naubusan ng stock yung air filter sa walco eh.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ano po ba gas consumption ng 1997 LS (local) trooper. 3.0 V6 engine?
    Pano po madistinguised kung V6 sya at hindi 4jx1?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Without openning the hood, smell the exhaust. Pag amoy gasoline V6 (though may straight 4) pag amoy diesel either 4JX1 or 4JG2. If X1 double overhead cams (wide ang c. head) G2 maingay at makitid valve cover.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    just an opinion...

to all the owners who bought their units brand new from isuzu.
    i suggest you follow their service PMS strictly and have i done sa isuzu casa and buy their oils and filters instead of the regular gas station.

the reason? just in case your injector or Common rail fails, you would be in a better position to negotiate on the warranty of the parts affected since the unit was maintained by their shop and there is absolutely no excuse for the engine to fail.

as an additional info, if you can visit some threads from where isuzu issued recalls, irregardless of the kind of oil used on the 4jx1, there is no hope coz the problem of the 4jx1 is the engine design (the exact explanation was posted in PAIT).

read up also on the isuzu website, the reason isuzu discontinued the trooper (bighorn or holden jackaroo) was precisely because of this problem and the sales never recoverd.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Strictly use 5w-30 Fully synthetic oil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Maintaining at Trooper 1999 with 4JX1 engine