New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is the new isuzu trooper with skyroof still a good buy?
    hindi po ako ang bibili, yung anak ng ninong ko. he just can't wait for the new gen3 pajero, ayaw naman nya ng expedition because of the fuel consumption. pinagpipilian nya is the patrol and the trooper. reklamo naman nya sa patrol is very bare inside. wala daw sya makalikot.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    were planning to sell din our 97 trooper and purchase either the skyroof or patrol gusto ng dad ko turbo deisel hassle kasi gas consumption. Diesel gurus could you do a comparo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo ibang klaseng SUVs ang trooper and patrol. patrol is much longer and wider than the trooper and is a newer design (1998 vs. 1992 for the trooper). trooper will drive and ride better on the road owing to its IFS and its significantly lower size and weight (by about 1000 lbs!), especially kung A/T. kung wala ka ring balak i-convert to 4x4 ang patrol and use it off-road, it's rigid axles are a liability.

trooper is known for very economical running...

so without off-roadability in the equation, i say the trooper would be much more livable in the city and highway.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Trooper is a very solid platform. I think 1991 pa lumabas iyan.

If you don't plan on having off-road excursions, get the Trooper. May moonroof pa at VCD. Hehehe.

Pero ang baduy talaga nung sticker na "Skyroof" sa rear quarter panel. Parang pang-jeepney, eh.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ba nakakahinayang na malapit nang ma-phase-out ang trooper?
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    ...Pero ang baduy talaga nung sticker na "Skyroof" sa rear quarter panel. Parang pang-jeepney, eh.
    kaya bang tanggalin itong sticker na to?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

Kaya siguro, si boss bulldog inubos yung sticker ng Fuego niya, eh. Ang linis tignan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,

hindi naman... look at the vehicle for what it is. if it's good, then it's good forever diba? hindi naman hihina yung capability/looks/design of that model kung maglalabas ng bagong model diba?... like, i'd gladly take an LC80 kahit meron nang LC100...

besides, wala na yatang plano maglabas ng bagong trooper e. the trooper is replaced by the GM-designed Ascender in the US i think.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi::: Hmmmm. If your relative wants a Gen3 Paj.... ang dami dun sa Gilmore! Kanina I spotted two units ng 2door HAYOF SA GANDA :D But getting back on topic, i propose that we also take the model lifespan out of the equation. Lets take the vehicles as they are! The fact that both models are 2wd automatically implies that they cant seriously go offroad. and if thats the case, on road comfort is on the top of the list....... hmmmmmm for me id say TROOPER :D Skyroof, IFS, Video System and all!

Just have a paintshop remove the offending 'skyroof ed' sticker hehehe :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think you can tell the ahente not to stick it the skyroof sticker before they give it to you....kasi i remember our eagle dati with the large 3m sticker e di ko pinadikit...binigay na lang nila sa kin dahil mahal daw yun ayun nasa bahay..inaamag na ata..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Isuzu Trooper, still a good buy?