New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree with Av8or on the ride. I really like the trooper's ride and articulation.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one happy trooper owner!

100k odo. 2000 model...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    good to know that im not that alone...

Redhorse: is your model the crdi also?

Av8or5: whats your mileage?

Casa is on the expensive side but not Casa Euro expensive.... and 4 years w/o problem is good for me!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    good to know that im not that alone...

Redhorse: is your model the crdi also?

Av8or5: whats your mileage?

Casa is on the expensive side but not Casa Euro expensive.... and 4 years w/o problem is good for me!
    four years old na rin car ko with 36,7++km as of today.

sir, what is CASA Euro?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mileage, no accurate recording,,,

about 500+km on a full tank, city driving

and use twice, liqui-molly diesel purge, direct to fuel tank

4jx1 model
    Last edited by RedHorse; April 18th, 2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Agree with Av8or on the ride. I really like the trooper's ride and articulation.
    correct! nagkaroon ako ng pajero and trooper. malayo yung ride. sa lahat ng suv that came out during the late 90's yung trooper i think has the best suspension. yung bighorn ko na Lotus ang suspension sobrang ganda ng ride. ang ganda ng talbog and sa cornering.

meron naman talaga na mga trooper owner with 4jx1 na ok pa until now.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sayang na makina,

Hindi tinutukan ng ISUZU, I believe the engine was the best in its class at the time it came out. Twin cam with sixteen valves for a diesel in a Jap SUV was new to me. Parang 4AGE na diesel with all the EFI works plus the oil monitoring sensors because its HEUI. Detroit Diesel does this in straight six but for trucks (one of the best engine for me).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    The casa of isuzu is on the high side... but still reasonable... roughly 8T pesos every 5T Km check up... roughly 18T every 20T Kms

so far yun palang gastos ko... purely stock and casa maintained

Its fair if you compare it to other casa (not seconday shops)... Ford Explorer/Expedition of the same year will cost me more for the regular check ups... excluding gasoline consumption

My sisters Pajero also 03 model spend about the same amount in Casa maintenance... on average 15T pesos per year (with roughly 11-12T Km per year use)... so I just allocate the same budget

Nakakatakot lang if there are major repairs, like the injectors (not regular tune up) coz I heard mataas nga gastos for the trooper if that happens... so Im still hoping I wont be one of them....

I just hear too many sad stories about the trooper... but so far, good experience pa ako!

BTW - when I said Euro Casa, I meant still cheaper to maintain than a Euro Car with casa maintenance, people who say Euro cars are cheap to maintain normally use secondary shops....

I have nothing against secondary shops but due to our car plan policies, I cant use them... dapat lahat Casa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i guess your right.. fairly the same with other suv.

lets just hope that our rides will last long.. im due for a PMS na rin.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ck030459 View Post
    good day tsikoters, i have a 2002 Isuzu trooper 3.0td. I recently brought it to Isuzu davao for checkup they changed the transmision oil and they repacked its bearings. they changed oil, they also change the oil filter and so with the fuel filter, but still I am not satisfied with its poor acceleration which they where not able to sort it out, they advise me that in ordrer to have a much faster acceleration I would need to press the acclerator deeper then release it then press it again, but I was not convinced since it was not the kind of power I had experiencing before, what could went wrong? and what could be your advise. thanks, hope your advise could sort out my problems.

sir, may i suggets ipa tech II mo sa casa.. maybe u have injector probs der... ganyn din trooper namin b4... low power.. mahirapan umabot ng 100+ kms on the speedometer... but since we have replaced the injectors and some sensors.... everything s back to normal .. nakaka 160kms/hr na nga kami... hehehe ... and yup very nice ang ride ng trooper.... u don thave to press it rily hard for acceleration or power.. malakas na ang engine na 4jx1... and aslo u have to consider if your using your trooper mostly sa city driving lang and not much on hiway---- the A/T resets to a low speed mode when always used sa city driving... and hi speed mode if always used on long trips or hi speeds.... waht i do is dat, if our trooepr is always used sa city driving lang.. i would take one satrday to travel and let the car rip tarmak... the following day i used it for city driving, the accelration is good and the engine also sounds good... parang nakapag exercise na din kc ang engine when you use it for hi speeds long trips...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Trooper 4jx1