New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi guys!

I'd just like to ask for a feedback regarding the service of Isuzu Pasig (the one at C5). I just bought a 2001 Isuzu Trooper and I plan to have it checked at Isuzu Pasig (change oil, troubleshooting, brake check, etc.).

So here's my worry, I read a post in the Trooper thread that someone brought their Trooper to be serviced and all was well with his vehicle before going in for service. At the end of the day he was told that his engine wouldn't start anymore. Are there any other instances that this happened to other tsikoteers?

Although that was just one story I still can't help being paranoid about bringing my Trooper there.

I hope you can shed some light on this service centre as I already made an appointment for tomorrow haha

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I service my Alterra there. I have not tried any other Isuzu service center but if I compare Isuzu Pasig with Toyota Pasig, it is a no brainer. Isuzu Pasig service is **** and so are there service advisors.

Once I had my Alterra PMSd and one day after, it would not start. I went back to Isuzu to have it checked and they said the battery (at that time was about 18 months old) needs to be replaced. Then they charged me with their service for checking the battery. I asked them shouldn't they have detected this one day ago as part of their PMS routine? One of them said it should have been part of the routine. The amount was only 300 and I was in a real hurry for work so I just paid and left.

Also do not ever try their body repairs there, I can assure you it will annoy you. Once I had a minor scratch at the left front door of my then very brand new Alterra. I saw in Isuzu that paint job will cost only 2000. I was so OC that time that I went for it. They told me I can get my unit back in 3 days. After 3 days, I came over and they said I need to come back the next day. I came back the next day, the service advisor who called me to come over actually never seen the unit himself. So when he brought me to the unit, he himself was surprised to see the shitty paint job they did. Butlig butlig yung pintura. I told them to have it fixed. To cut the long story short, I had to go back 2 more times and speak to their branch manager before I finally got my Alterra's minor scratch in an acceptable condition. The guy who was doing the paint job (I recognize his face) is now officially a service advisor in there, I saw him there sitting 2 weeks ago when I went for my last PMS.

Also I have several times called them to set an appointment and during the call I tried to explain to them my problem only to find out when I got there that they do not have the parts, nor the expert(from Winterpine) to fix the problem. They do not seem to be cognizant of the value of a working people's time.

Also for the longest time, the service advisor who is assigned to my unit told me to just use mineral motor oil and that they are not allowed to use anything else on my Alterra. I was asking him so many times to use fully synthetic oil to address Alterra's noisy engine. I happen to meet another Alterra owner who said he has been using Mutli Z (Besco) motor oil which is like a fully synthetic oil for Isuzu diesel engine. And just like that, they did allow me. WTF?

Now that my Alterra is past 3 years and is out of warranty, I will go to Rapide'. Service there is superbly fast, I can watch while they service my unit and in terms of price, it is way lower. And they actually listen to customer.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    I service my Alterra there. I have not tried any other Isuzu service center but if I compare Isuzu Pasig with Toyota Pasig, it is a no brainer. Isuzu Pasig service is **** and so are there service advisors.

Once I had my Alterra PMSd and one day after, it would not start. I went back to Isuzu to have it checked and they said the battery (at that time was about 18 months old) needs to be replaced. Then they charged me with their service for checking the battery. I asked them shouldn't they have detected this one day ago as part of their PMS routine? One of them said it should have been part of the routine. The amount was only 300 and I was in a real hurry for work so I just paid and left.

Also do not ever try their body repairs there, I can assure you it will annoy you. Once I had a minor scratch at the left front door of my then very brand new Alterra. I saw in Isuzu that paint job will cost only 2000. I was so OC that time that I went for it. They told me I can get my unit back in 3 days. After 3 days, I came over and they said I need to come back the next day. I came back the next day, the service advisor who called me to come over actually never seen the unit himself. So when he brought me to the unit, he himself was surprised to see the shitty paint job they did. Butlig butlig yung pintura. I told them to have it fixed. To cut the long story short, I had to go back 2 more times and speak to their branch manager before I finally got my Alterra's minor scratch in an acceptable condition. The guy who was doing the paint job (I recognize his face) is now officially a service advisor in there, I saw him there sitting 2 weeks ago when I went for my last PMS.

Also I have several times called them to set an appointment and during the call I tried to explain to them my problem only to find out when I got there that they do not have the parts, nor the expert(from Winterpine) to fix the problem. They do not seem to be cognizant of the value of a working people's time.

Also for the longest time, the service advisor who is assigned to my unit told me to just use mineral motor oil and that they are not allowed to use anything else on my Alterra. I was asking him so many times to use fully synthetic oil to address Alterra's noisy engine. I happen to meet another Alterra owner who said he has been using Mutli Z (Besco) motor oil which is like a fully synthetic oil for Isuzu diesel engine. And just like that, they did allow me. WTF?

Now that my Alterra is past 3 years and is out of warranty, I will go to Rapide'. Service there is superbly fast, I can watch while they service my unit and in terms of price, it is way lower. And they actually listen to customer.

sir, sa isuzu imus cavite ka magpa-pms. makikita mo unit mo habang ginagawa, quality works pa, helpful and approachable pa mga staff doon.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marq View Post
    sir, sa isuzu imus cavite ka magpa-pms. makikita mo unit mo habang ginagawa, quality works pa, helpful and approachable pa mga staff doon.
    Thanks for the tip bro, though I am not vey willing to go to Cavite just for my pms.