New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 528
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,523
    #461
    My father in law has a 1.9 MUX. At the time the difference was about 140k net of discounts. But since the difference now is just 60k, the 3.0 MUX is easily the better buy.

    Hindi rin matipid yung 1.9. Always have to keep the revs high to stay in turbo range especially if loaded and on an uphill. Only managed 11 km/L for my Baguio trip before - not any different from a bigger displacement engine.

    City driving is about 9-11 km/L depending on the traffic, again not all that different from a PPV with a bigger engine.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    66
    #462
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Cost of maintenance between 3.0 vs 1.9 will be in diesel oil liters lang, at P350 / liter semi-synthetic, baka P700 lang difference if say minus 2 lang ang change oil capacity ng 1.9

    Isuzu MUx is a tank to begin with regardless of displacement. It’s crude, heavy and truck like Isuzu trucks


    Engine is more stressed in traffic thats why we need to Italian tune ups every now and then sa NLEX, Tplex. Carbon build up is the enemy of the entire fuel system.

    1.9L is best bought if the price diff is 100-200k, but kung 60k lang, then no need to do the math in terms of benefits and advantages.
    For 1 year yes MAYBE but for over a year 1.9L is better value for money. And I know the math.
    Besides, the new 1.9L engine is more advanced than the older 2.5L and 3.0L. That's why the 1.9L is faster than the 2.5L so the gap is closer to the 3.0L.
    That is why Isuzu made the price difference a lot closer from 150K to 60K otherwise the 3.0 sales will go down due to it's outdated/outgoing engine. It's a strategy based on demand and forecast. In 1-2 years Isuzu will totally phase out the 3.0L like they did the 2.5 that's why they want to sell as much as they can now.

    Then the noise difference is really big. I put them beside each other so I know.

    At the end of the day it's all about the preference.
    No hard feelings.

  3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical-One View Post
    For 1 year yes MAYBE but for over a year 1.9L is better value for money. And I know the math.
    Besides, the new 1.9L engine is more advanced than the older 2.5L and 3.0L. That's why the 1.9L is faster than the 2.5L so the gap is closer to the 3.0L.
    That is why Isuzu made the price difference a lot closer from 150K to 60K otherwise the 3.0 sales will go down due to it's outdated/outgoing engine. It's a strategy based on demand and forecast. In 1-2 years Isuzu will totally phase out the 3.0L like they did the 2.5 that's why they want to sell as much as they can now.

    Then the noise difference is really big. I put them beside each other so I know.

    At the end of the day it's all about the preference.
    No hard feelings.
    Nope theyre both bluepower the 3.0 and the 1.9L. The 3.0 that youre talking about is the 2017 model pre facelift.

    I suggest you google November 2017 when Isuzu Philippines announced the incoming bluepower 3.0 first then early 2018 they’d being the 1.9L

    Mixed mixed na ang info mo

  4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    951
    #464
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Nope theyre both bluepower the 3.0 and the 1.9L. The 3.0 that youre talking about is the 2017 model pre facelift.

    I suggest you google November 2017 when Isuzu Philippines announced the incoming bluepower 3.0 first then early 2018 they’d being the 1.9L

    Mixed mixed na ang info mo
    Yeah. I was also confused by that as I recall seeing the 3.0 MuX also have the BluePower labels on them, actual units and brochure.

    Is there a difference in design compared to the Euro 2 3.0 engine that it previously had, other than being Euro 4 compliant?

    The 1.9L engine does feel to be a good and proper city powerplant, and even for highways. But I think the caveat I have if observing how it behaves is that it would have "economy" issues when fully laden and basically when under more "stress".

    But, the 1.9L is definitely a practical engine for my dad's needs as he doesn't fully load the Dmax often, but just needs that flexibility from time to time. =)

    The base Model MUX though, that turned me off. It was just too "basic". Not even power side mirrors for adjustments. It just felt like Isuzu scrimped too much on the base model * 1.3m php, especially when Mitsubishi is selling the Montero (granted with discounts) close to that pricepoint with more "creature comforts".

    It is just mind boggling to me how they spec'd out the base model.

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    66
    #465
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Nope theyre both bluepower the 3.0 and the 1.9L. The 3.0 that youre talking about is the 2017 model pre facelift.

    I suggest you google November 2017 when Isuzu Philippines announced the incoming bluepower 3.0 first then early 2018 they’d being the 1.9L

    Mixed mixed na ang info mo
    I don't think so. This 1.9L is not just the blue power but in the construction engine itself. This sophisticated 1.9-liter RZ4E is truly a revolution for turbodiesel engines.
    Your google has old info 2017 ? - It's already 2019 dude. Your info is so very old - sorry. Check this instead.

    Sorry bro, I do not mean to be rude but I actually live in Japan and goes to Manila for vacation as my family is there, actually here now in Tokyo so I do know what's Isuzu planning or doing before it even gets there in the Phils., I know that they will phase out the current 3.0 soon and change it to an upgraded 3.0 or smaller 2.5 similar tech as the current 1.9.

    Look, I am just an occasional poster here not like yourself that does this for car business or something so I will let you be. No need to get upset from your end.
    No offense, I rest my case and close this dialogue. Enjoy your day.

    https://www.autoindustriya.com/adver...f-diesels.html

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #466
    Honda HRV released the 1.5L, they said it will be better than the 2.0 CRVs
    Ford Ecosport released also released the 1.5L, better than their 2.0 Escapes
    Even the Ford Explorer marketed an Ecoboost 2.x version vs the V6
    Now the Raptor is introducing the 2.2 bi-turbo, it could match the 3.2 wilkdtrak, they claim


    All are marketed to be better smaller engines. With the exception of the raptor,(yet to be tested) all 3 cars proved nothing in Manila traffic. In fact underpowered pa nga and had no siginificant improvement in terms of FC. lumiit lang body pero same average 7-8km / liter. (Ecoboost at avg of 5km/liter)

    You say you live in Japan, then use the RZ4E there as marketed. It will work there as advertised coz Japan has one of the most efficient traffic systems in the world,

    Wag ka masyado magpapaniwala sa mga articles and new technologies. Test it on the real world first.

    If indeed RZ4e is cutting edge tech, bakit nila pi-nair sa stripped down models ng MuX. The RZ4e doesnt even have leather and power seats. Unless its really a cheaply constructed engine to begin with.

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #467
    And also kaya tumaas ng sobra ang bluepower3.0, that is because of the train law. isuzu released the bluepower in 2017, in january 2018 train law took effect.

    From 1,595M to 1.795M ang Mux
    Montero Premium from 1.6M to 1.850


    Now Isuzu is selling the Mux bluepower 3.0 back at 1.595M after discounts.
    Mitsubishi is selling the Montero at 330k less than SRP.

    All pre-train law prices, even lower.

    Given than, di ba lalo ka mapapaisip, how come the RZ4e is selling near the 3.0 price level, is it because of the train law?

    Pag 3.0 wala na train law tax
    Pag RZ4e meron pa train law tax

    And you get a lower displacement engine pa

    Now do the math

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    66
    #468
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Honda HRV released the 1.5L, they said it will be better than the 2.0 CRVs
    Ford Ecosport released also released the 1.5L, better than their 2.0 Escapes
    Even the Ford Explorer marketed an Ecoboost 2.x version vs the V6
    Now the Raptor is introducing the 2.2 bi-turbo, it could match the 3.2 wilkdtrak, they claim


    All are marketed to be better smaller engines. With the exception of the raptor,(yet to be tested) all 3 cars proved nothing in Manila traffic. In fact underpowered pa nga and had no siginificant improvement in terms of FC. lumiit lang body pero same average 7-8km / liter. (Ecoboost at avg of 5km/liter)

    You say you live in Japan, then use the RZ4E there as marketed. It will work there as advertised coz Japan has one of the most efficient traffic systems in the world,

    Wag ka masyado magpapaniwala sa mga articles and new technologies. Test it on the real world first.

    If indeed RZ4e is cutting edge tech, bakit nila pi-nair sa stripped down models ng MuX. The RZ4e doesnt even have leather and power seats. Unless its really a cheaply constructed engine to begin with.
    Bro - To each their own.
    You have your way of choosing and selling cars we have our way in choosing and buying. There is no wrong or right, just choices and that's what I have been trying to tell everyone here until you joined the conversation.
    I know you are on car sales that is why I do not want to rain on your parade. You have customers and followers here so like I said I will you be.

    You get too edgy just because I have a different opinion than you. Relax dude.This is just a forum. You don't need to be convincing everyone all the time you know.
    I noticed that Filipinos like my wife likes to argue too much whenever others have a different side of understanding.
    Peace out. Chill.

  9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    533
    #469
    Can Isuzu really claim this title? Or this is just auto industriya's marketing gimmick..

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    66
    #470
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    Can Isuzu really claim this title? Or this is just auto industriya's marketing gimmick..

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Why you asking me? Ask Auto industria and Isuzu yourself...Don't shoot the messenger

Tags for this Thread

Isuzu MU-X with 1.9L Blue Power Diesel Engine