New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    i was able to test drive this mux with new 1.9 engine for about 20 kilometers, ibang iba na ang feel nya sa 3.0, lesser engine noise and vibration almost parang nissan terra na rin, di gaya nun 3.0 4jjt ng mux lakas engine noise and vibration parang truck lolz, acceleration is also decent
    4JJ1 literal na truck engine nga, yan gamit sa NKR/NHR trucks nila. Para sakin naman tahimik yung 4JJ1 engine, pero nanggaling din naman kami sa Fortuner 2kd engine so hindi rin ganun ka tahimik

Kung gusto mo tahimik mag gas engine ka, yung Celerio namin na 1L 3cyl hindi ko na marinig yung makina.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Also no rear spoiler. Anyone here who tried to install rear spoiler from casa,? Any idea about the price. Tnx.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by keto View Post
    With only around 60k diff with the 3.0 after the cash discounts it's a surprise people still are getting the 1.9 LS-A haha.
    I got your point.
    However, I believe this is a choice based on few things like - Fuel Consumption, Engine Noise and to some degree a newer Engine tech and cost of maintenance specifically after the warranty period.
    The 1.9L is actually stronger than the former 2.5L so that shows how close the gap is between the 3.0L and 1.9L.

I myself have not decide on which version to buy but kindda leaning on the 1.9L based on my wife's expected daily drive use and my reasons above.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pag low displacement ang diesel engine mas stressed ang turbo. ever wonder why the Pajero BKs and the Land Cruiser are considered tanks of a vehicle, kasi 3.0 up ang displacement nila. the engine alone has more power than to rely on the boosting function of the turbo.

it doesnt matter na with the diesel engine noise. diesel will always get noisier when it ages, kasi sa quality ng diesel dito sa tin, pang PUV, even if they claim its Euro4.

FC will also be consistent sa higher displacement engine kasi hinde pilit as the engine ages. I have seen lower displacement engines like 2.2 crdi's na bagsak ang FC pag more than 5 years na car. My SF is proof of that, ngaun avergaging 8-9km/liter, dati nun bago yun averaging 10-11km/liter

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    pag low displacement ang diesel engine mas stressed ang turbo. ever wonder why the Pajero BKs and the Land Cruiser are considered tanks of a vehicle, kasi 3.0 up ang displacement nila. the engine alone has more power than to rely on the boosting function of the turbo.

it doesnt matter na with the diesel engine noise. diesel will always get noisier when it ages, kasi sa quality ng diesel dito sa tin, pang PUV, even if they claim its Euro4.

FC will also be consistent sa higher displacement engine kasi hinde pilit as the engine ages. I have seen lower displacement engines like 2.2 crdi's na bagsak ang FC pag more than 5 years na car. My SF is proof of that, ngaun avergaging 8-9km/liter, dati nun bago yun averaging 10-11km/liter
    amen doc

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    This is all subjective. Like I said, depends on the expected usage. It's not bigger is better. Unless we are talking about other matters

Bigger displacement and caught in the Metro Manila traffic 90% of the time? No thanks. And how can one stress the engine in the traffic?
    The price difference between 3.0 and 1.9 is just the buying price i.e. the beginning. Then you have to consider cost of maintenance , FC etc., thereafter.

It's all depend on the user and how it will be driven - Distance, frequency, passenger, loads, Traffic condition, and driving style to name a few.
    It all depends on the buyer. For those from the country side maybe a different story, but metro traffic and short distances perhaps not.
    Bigger displacement equals higher maintenance and fuel consumption - Fact. Again this is subject to buyer's maintenance budget.

Engine Noise? 3.0 will always be noisier from start till end. Are you telling me the a smaller displacement will get noisier than bigger one? Even when they both get older, a 3.0L will make much noise than a 1.9 - FACT in any type of engine gas or diesel. Do the math.

My wife will drive short distances alone or sometimes with my 1 year old boy and with mostly traffic congested roads (like 5-7 km on 1.5 hours drive) - which one do you think I will choose to buy wisely ?

Conclusion - not everyone wants a Tank and not everyone drives the same distances and speeds and traffic condition and number of people.
    Isuzu among other car makers manufactures different variants to cater different customers with the aim cover all aspects of sales requirements.

This is not the battle of the bulge / war of the tanks.

I rest my case.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    The 1.9L is a lot more sophisticated than just numbers. For one, it is faster and more fuel efficient than 2.5L model.
    Before you decide on a 3.0L, read this...

https://www.autoindustriya.com/adver...f-diesels.html

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Cost of maintenance between 3.0 vs 1.9 will be in diesel oil liters lang, at P350 / liter semi-synthetic, baka P700 lang difference if say minus 2 lang ang change oil capacity ng 1.9

Isuzu MUx is a tank to begin with regardless of displacement. It’s crude, heavy and truck like Isuzu trucks

Engine is more stressed in traffic thats why we need to Italian tune ups every now and then sa NLEX, Tplex. Carbon build up is the enemy of the entire fuel system.

1.9L is best bought if the price diff is 100-200k, but kung 60k lang, then no need to do the math in terms of benefits and advantages.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    LS At Base model ang may >200k difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    got my unit 3.0L Blue Power at 1.595M, plus 10K for Silky Pearl White