New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Indeed there are newer surplus trucks in the country and those are the reconditioned trucks like those sold by Sobida Motors. These also have more features and engines not found in their local counterparts and not to mention that these are essentially CBU Japan and not Thailand or Indonesia. Isuzu already has a Coaster competitor called the Isuzu Journey and I'm puzzled as to why there are none of those here. As for the Microbus, I'm pretty impressed with the body made by Centro. The rear reminds me of a Foton MPX which, for me, is quite a well designed car. It means that Filipinos can make good designs with the right funding and/or motivation. I'd go for sliding doors though, and dual sliding doors at that.
    I agree with the sliding doors too, existing door opening sideways does not look good and I also think it's safer to make it sliding door.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My guess is ISUZU has seriously considered using sliding doors but I would suspect the price of the sliding doors are way much more than the current. Tiyak, lagpas sa buwan presyo ng Micro Bus pagnagkataon.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naah... How much more can having sliding doors cost? The L300 and Urvan have it, and their both low priced and ancient vans. The door of the Microbus is quite long and will require a lot of space for it to swing open to its full angle. I'd say make a commuter version, lengthened body, side facing seats, sliding doors and 4JB1-T engine.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would also think that a higher roof line would also be better to accommodate standing passengers. You need not accommodate all passengers sitting down. Just like buses in other countries where there are only chairs good enough for a few but lots of space for standing passengers.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    i thought they are trying to get rid of the jeep.. seems to me some are suggesting to make the seats face each other just like jeepneys.. if thats the case then i would just up grade my jeep to have aircon and there goes your saving of 1million pesos..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If ISUZU plan to introduce the one in the pic, it's front facing. So it's likely that they are not positioning the Micro Bus to be the replacement of the jeepney.

As for the roofline, yes, it would be nice to make it higher to accomodate "standing" position better but I think it was meant to be that to align with the cab's roofline and "maybe" make it qualified for Class 1 for toll. malaki kasi difference from one class to another.

As for the "ancient" sliding doors of Urvan and L300, for sure ISUZU cannot use those exact door mechanisms for it would violate rights for both Nissan and Mitsubishi. Developing sliding doors from scratch would definitely be more xpensive than a modified regular door design. But i am with you that I would like (and would be more logical and practical) for end user to have a sliding door design --- specially on tight parking. The Micro Bus is wide already and the least thing it needs is that added space just to make its passengers go out. And as we all know, parking here in the Philippines are not exactly classified as "generous".

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd always though these sliding door mechanisms were all the same. I'm just saying that maybe Isuzu can do what Nissan did with the Urvan, producing it in many different seating configurations. There might be a "VX18" version, an "Escapade" version, and so on and so forth. And then again, Isuzu sells the Fargo in Japan, which is a rebadged Urvan Estate. If they use the Fargo's sliding door mechanism, I'm sure it won't be called infringing on Nissan's rights, wouldn't it?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    IMHO, this should be a good PUJ replacement. Plus the fact that everyone knows that PUJ plying routes as of the moment are very inefficient and very "ancient" as I would describe as a means of transportation.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    It would be good for ISUZU to have this. Besides, diesel is their expertise and they never had a mini bus or van in their line-up. Looking to see lots of these on the road.
    ung likod niya, hawig sa tail light ng adventure..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Isuzu Microbus engine is 2.8 4JB1-TC (Turbo charged) AFAIK timing belt ang gamit nito kaya hindi siya maingay gaya ng mga naka-timing gear na kapatid niya ganyang makina kasi yung pinakabit namin sa sasakyan ng utol ko.

Mabilis at malakas ang makina na yan kahit walang turbo. Fuel consumption namin pumapalo ng 15k/l highway (full load).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Isuzu Micro Bus