New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have had the OEM unit of inav in my Alterra since December 2010.
    The features and reliability of the unit have been exceptionally great......I use it and I love it!

Updates have been regularily installed without problem.

However, the latest update at the end of January 2014 has been a disaster to my unit.

It just refuses to work anymore.

I have sent an email to inav support and I am awaiting a reply.

Does anyone know if the original purchase price of 10,000 peso is for a limited
    three year use or unlimited, as in "forever"?

Any suggestions and/or advice is very welcome, indeed.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi Uncle Nick,

I have the same problem, I believe I posted it here some time ago as well.

Isuzu scheduled me for a checkup with Winterpine technical support. When we met at Isuzu Pasig, the guy appears not so sure what is wrong. He kept doing very simple things like browing thru the Navi map, setting the destination, etc. After a while, he said he is not sure what to is wrong but it may have something to do with the GPS card may need to be replaced, so he scheduled another meeting with me so he could bring a working GPS card and try.

I decline the next meeting, as I have work and I have a feeling that I will just be wasting my time again.

As to the 3 year use, I clearly remember guys from Isuzu saying the use is not limited. However it does seems like it is time limited, as my GPS in my other car also stopped working after around the same duration.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    My iNav unit now works perfectly.
    There is no warranty time limit for the software.

The iNav support team has bent over backwards to assist me. I have a very high regard for iNav.
    However, my aerial had to be replaced again. So far, only 22,000 kms for the same symptoms (unable to attract satalite) I have had the head unit replaced once, the aerial replaced twice, (This is my third aerial) and the aerial reattached to the head unit because it had come loose, twice.

I love this iNav system, it is head and shouders above anything else I have ever used, here in The Philippines and in Canada since 1994.

At this point, I do not know if this is a JVC problem or an iNav problem.

I would insist on iNav equipment for any new car or truck purchase.

Ciao!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi uncle Nick,

My Inav is working now working perfectly again. I had it fixed at Isuzu Pasig last Friday.

Every Friday, a technician from Winterpine is there for all audio/video issues of Isuzu.

What he did was relocate the antenna, originally from the dashboard, to somewhere under the right fender.

Cheers.