New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, as you all know the isuzu hilander's rear window has a somewhat 3pin lock on it(the 3 circles securing the window itself to the frame). My cousins car got stolen last feb 06 in marikina infront of their house (98' hilander). Mine is a 99' hilander and my rear window got forced open several times already. How can we prevent or add addtl security to the rear window? i already have an alarm and bought the expensive steering wheel lock from solex (keys has a serial # & cannot be duplicated). Before i was afrad to lose my audio system inside, now i'm afraid to lose the entire car..

your help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlogt View Post
    Guys, as you all know the isuzu hilander's rear window has a somewhat 3pin lock on it(the 3 circles securing the window itself to the frame). My cousins car got stolen last feb 06 in marikina infront of their house (98' hilander). Mine is a 99' hilander and my rear window got forced open several times already. How can we prevent or add addtl security to the rear window? i already have an alarm and bought the expensive steering wheel lock from solex (keys has a serial # & cannot be duplicated). Before i was afrad to lose my audio system inside, now i'm afraid to lose the entire car..

your help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Shoot... pinag-i-interesan nga pala yung Hilander, no? Best I can think of is to loctite the bolts holding it in place. Kung may steering wheel lock ka, that's one good deterrent for carnapping, but even better if you have an electrical/electronic fail-safe.... sa mga ECU-equipped vehicles, madali yan, ECU kill-switch lang.

Maybe you can equip your vehicle with a fuel pump kill switch? Yeah, maybe that'd be the simplest and easiest. I'll check our Hilander later and figure it out. I'm not stressing losing the audio system, yet... as I'm not bringing it out much... sira lahat ng locks niya!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    i already used mighty bond to bond the screw. but still i think it is being forced open.lumuluwag. ung agila glass ba nagfifixed un ng window? im using solex na steering wheel lock.para ung susi mahirap dayain-bought it sa blade ngalang times 3 ang price ng regular wheel locks. im also worried sa sound setup sa loob. wala pa cguro nagpapagawa nun sa hilander windows nila. my friends hilander was carnapped last feb 2006 in marikina. un ang hinala nya since lumuluwag lagi rear ryt window nya. vehicle was never recovered.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    would you know how they gain entry from the rear? Our company vehicle 99 sl got carnapped in 2004 in gensan. never recovered. We replaced it with a 98 slx. Nagpadala ako ng steering wheel lock. So far, di pa na carnap. Our hilander service in manila, ok pa naman (knock on wood)

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    yes. the rear window is secured with three screws. one on the rear end and two on the other side. the end with only one screw is the weakest link. they try to turn the screw from the outside. either by brute force or by putting a notch on it so they can turn it. matagal na proseso pero tyaga lang. may keys narin daw carnappers nung mga ordinary steering wheel lock. try mo ung solex . mejo mahal lang pero ok. gusto ko na nga pagawang fixed window ung sakin. di ko lang alam san pwede.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hmm, kaya pala dati pag naka park ako sa labas ng house namin yung mga screws minsan maluwag sa window ko. cguro a "C" shaped plate that would connect the 3 screws/bolts, have the bolts welded to the plate, then secured by the nut from the inside of car. the plate can be painted of course to body color or black. tapos gasket maker in between the plate and glass to reduce the vibration. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by carlogt View Post
    yes. the rear window is secured with three screws. one on the rear end and two on the other side. the end with only one screw is the weakest link. they try to turn the screw from the outside. either by brute force or by putting a notch on it so they can turn it. matagal na proseso pero tyaga lang. may keys narin daw carnappers nung mga ordinary steering wheel lock. try mo ung solex . mejo mahal lang pero ok. gusto ko na nga pagawang fixed window ung sakin. di ko lang alam san pwede.

Isuzu Hilander - Security Issues