New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    no need to burn fuel in the highway. you will only get

5-6L/100 lol
    Haha! Not planning to "burn" per se. I personally don't mind driving it. Just want to compare performance with how I drive it vs the other Diesels we have in the family (Brothers and parents) for my own understanding (based on how I drive).

If I am going out of Manila, might as well bring that instead if my dad's not using it. Hehe! But for now, have no schedule yet so never tried it. Aircon is cool enough and the suspension isn't as bouncy/harsh as I was expecting it to be. Definitely bearable I think. =) The noise from the rear does get a bit "loud" but that's to be expected since the fabricator didn't really do anything to insulate noise from the rear. It was made by a company called Truck Master if I heard it right, not the usual Almazora or Centro. But even if it were the other two, I doubt they'd put in the sound deadening material.

Uncle also had a Hilander and Crosswind in the past that I also managed to drive out of town. I know they should "theoretically" be more fuel efficient (but more "dirty", noisy and slower) but just want to find out for myself

And for the PMS, yes. Isuzu adviced us 1500kms as the first PMS, not first 1000kms. =)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    jsyk

mixed
    city
    hw

its the most fuel efficent.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I just drive home my 2019 Isuzu Dmax 1RZ4E. So comfortable naman acceleration was good.

Sent from my BG2-U01 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    jsyk

mixed
    city
    hw

its the most fuel efficent.

Thanks for this.

For city driving, looks like im a ways off. Hehe. But understandable given the driving conditions (ave speed) that we are getting with it.

Peaks my interest to try at least once for highway to see how close (or far) i am from those numbers. Ü

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    How is the feel of the RZ4E engine compared to its older sibling the 4JJ1?

In terms of acceleration, comfyness etc.
    Had the chance to make birit the rz4e Dmax A/T sa highway. Power was adequate but lacks the extra grunt of 3L.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Had the chance to make birit the rz4e Dmax A/T sa highway. Power was adequate but lacks the extra grunt of 3L.
    the new 2.4 dmax wil fix that issue lol

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    the new 2.4 dmax wil fix that issue lol
    What 2.4 haha? Enlighten me bro

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    What 2.4 haha? Enlighten me bro
    new gen dmax next year bro. im not sure kung kelan local release though.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Dang! there's not much news and spyshot circulating on the web tho? The spy shot from the 1stQ of 2019 looks similar sa existing model hmm..

Baka they won't be releasing the 2.4 pa? EU is using the higher output 1.9 pa eh ahhaha. Hope they would make a new 3L engine

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    I am thinking they will release this hopefully late this year or, the latest, next year, in line with Mitsubishi's refresh of the Montero and the "most probable" price drop offering of the Terra next year (since it is unlikely they will release any refresh for the Terra this year or next).

It makes sense as well given they really seem keen on disposing all of their 3.0 units with the various promos I've seen through the course of this year/

But who really knows. That 2.4L engine based on the new design of the Rz4e technology/experience may be the better step up for for the MUX to still be fuel efficient even if fully laden, rather than the 1.9L.

Anyway, looking forward to it and hoping it does come to our shores, even if a bit delayed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast