New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I would like to know from you guys what are the weak or negative points of Isuzu Crosswind as i am intentinding to purchase one unit sometime October 2005.

a). fuel consumption (City/Open highway Driving).
    b). noise emitting from engine going inside the van.
    c). Ruttle or kalampag.
    d). Maximum Speed without losing momentum or steam specially when overtaking.
    e). Acceleration after 85 kph? Muscle beyond 85 kph or it losses steam or momentum?
    f). Rust or corrosion.

Cheers,

Robert

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    a). fuel consumption (City/Open highway Driving) - Don't have actual figures but my experience was 75% tank-full from Sta.Rosa, Laguna to Pangasinan to Baguio with 10 passengers + cargo
    b). noise emitting from engine going inside the van - Acceptable naman sakin, but compared to Innova and Adventure; maingay sya
    c). Ruttle or kalampag - If you mean vibration, para kang minamasahe,hehehe
    e). Acceleration after 85 kph? Muscle beyond 85 kph or it losses steam or momentum? - I reached 140kph along NLEX, I think kaya pa, pakiramdam ko parang may tumutulak sa likod. Medyo nakakatakot na at that speed,hehehe
    f). Rust or corrosion - So far, wala pa po akong experience dito

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Robert, is the Crosswind going to be your primary car?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi Bry,

My originally i'm considiring either starex or crosswind but per internet research i have done starex fuel consumption is 6 kilometer per liter while Hyundai indicates 7kilometer. Since cost of fuel is near sky high I need to buy fuel efficient van such as crosswind xuvi. I intend to purchased this octorber 2005. In any case if i purchase crosswind it will be my secondary car. My primary car is Adventure grand sport 2003.

Cheers,

Robert

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a). fuel consumption (City/Open highway Driving).
    -on a full tank, it can do more than 520kms, city driving yan ha

b). noise emitting from engine going inside the van.
    -maingay talaga. imagine our guard opening the gate even before he sees me. hehhee
    c). Ruttle or kalampag.
    -walang kalampag as far as our xuv is concerned. but i don't think it'll bother you when you open the radio na.
    -nlex speed ko is always 90kph, but i can overtake with ease. i can reach 120,no problems
    e). Acceleration after 85 kph? Muscle beyond 85 kph or it losses steam or momentum?
    -read above
    f). Rust or corrosion
    -none as of the moment. had it rustproofed right after getting it from isuzu

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro suggestion lang, get the Innova instead. Masmura pa sa Crosswind. Looks classier pa than both the Crosswind and the Adventure. Bale magiging primary mo na yung Innova, and then pang-harabas na yung Adventure.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sir, if fuel economy is your primary consideration, the Crosswind is among the most fuel efficient 2.5L Diesel engine vehicle. It is rated at 19 km/l. In city driving you can easily achieve between 11-14km/l. Its engine is known to be highly durable and reliable. I have friends who own one and they have no complain.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i just bought a pre-owned 2002 XUV..its a repossessed vehicle...unfortunately the former owner did not surrender the removable face of the stereo..i have no idea what model or brand it is...im quite sure though that the former owner did not replace the original unit as i noticed he was not into upgrading etc.

can someone please tell me where can i get a replacement face for the head unit? or atleast give me the brand or model? i just want to restore and maintain the car in its original state.

others needed:

1. plastic handle for driver's seat adjustment lever (the one on the left).
    2. rear window washer nozzle.
    3. owner's manual

thanks a lot in advance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    model is pioneer deh-6350. i dont think pioneer will be selling its face. kasi magagamit pa rin ng magnanakaw kung may binebentang replacement face.

heto pic nya:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    a). fuel consumption: City: 10 km/l or so / Highway 10-16 km/l depending on how well you drive... was able to do over 16 km/l late one night by tuning the idle controller and setting the Crosswind on "cruise control" at 70 km/h :lol:

b). noise emitting from engine going inside the van: What? Can't hear you! Just kidding! It's bearable, but tiring in traffic.

c). Rattle or kalampag: Ansarap magpa-massage habang idling, pero it's not noticeable from second row. Sobrang tigas ang ride sa third row over bumps.

d). Maximum Speed without losing momentum or steam specially when overtaking: Pathetic, only got up to 140 km/h on North Express. If you're in fast moving traffic over 80 km/h, forget overtaking unless you have a good run-up.

e). Acceleration after 85 kph? Loses steam. 0-40 km/h is quick, 40-80 is okay, 80-100 is very very slow. The 0-100km/h time of 22 seconds? Almost half of that is from 80-100.

f). Rust or corrosion: Too early to tell. But you have to fix the exhaust pipe early by adding a flexipipe, as the whole assembly rattles and destroys the exhaust gaskets (not expensive, but irritating to fix)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
Isuzu Crosswind XUV/XUVi Owners