New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mga sirs, good afternoon po. may maire- recommend ba kayong reliable mechanic / shop na nasa moonwalk /
    paranaque area. para po sana sa pms at regular check- up sana ng 2003 XUV namin. mabuti na po 'yung kilala
    mo ang gagawa ng sasakyan mo at alam niya rin kung ano na ang dapat gawin. maraming salamat po sa mga
    suggestions / recommendations. meri krismas po sa lahat!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Good day my fellow crosswind owners... tanong ko lang sana kung normal lang po ba ang tunog sa door when i fully open it, bet. half to full may click sound, is it something to do with the stopper sa loob? bago pa kasi XUV 2012 model..meri xmas!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by weslu View Post
    Hi fellow crosswind owners.

Hope to get some advice on my vehicle. I own a 2003 Crosswind XUV AT. Bought it 2nd hand last 2008 and it ran for 70k kms already. Current ODO reading is at 106,000kms. Recently, I encountered a "sudden loss of power" when I was traveling at about 80kph pero di naman namatayan. I wasn't trying to overtake, cruising lang. parang nasinok tapos wala na - back to normal.

The other day, one my way to the office, traffic along c5 so mabagal lang ang takbo. nung paakyat na ako sa c5 flyover (pasig / URC area), hirap umakyat si crosswind. parang di nag-do-down shift to a lower gear. AT transmission ko. I tried putting it in L or 2 but no difference. tinabi ko, turned off the engine and then turned it on again. ayun - ok na. it shifted ok.

Any inputs on the possible culprit. would you think an ATF change would do the trick or ATF dialysis na? Could it be the fuel injector also or possibly oil pump?

TIA.
    bro, kmusta na crosswind mo? i also experience that with my 2002 xuv manual. the verdict barado fuel filter. i make it a habit yearly ang palit ng fuel filter and pa-check ng injector pump and injector cleaning

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jackystephen View Post
    bro, kmusta na crosswind mo? i also experience that with my 2002 xuv manual. the verdict barado fuel filter. i make it a habit yearly ang palit ng fuel filter and pa-check ng injector pump and injector cleaning

If you follow the recommended PMS as per the owner's manual, this type of problem is usually eliminated before it happens. The engineers who designed your vehicle knew what to recommend for trouble free motoring and spelled it out in your maintenance book.

That is the way I see it, anyway.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi uncle nick,

Can u help me have a maintenance checklist for my 2002 crosswind. bought the unit last 2009 without the manual. or better yet maybe if there are some XUv owners also willing to have their manuals photocopied. thanks in advance. hope to learn more from this thread.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For fuel filter, if you buy quality ones, every 10k km is safe for replacement. Do not buy Vic. If you can buy Baldwin, better. If not, try to look for Bosch filters.

For my diesel rig, i replace it every 10k km. For our delivery vans, every 5k km using Bosch. This is because i dont know kung saan nagpapakarga drivers namin. To avoid future problems. For my rig, i only load up with seaoil/unioil. Nothing more nothing less kaya 10k km ako.

Also, you dont need to check the injection pump and injectors yearly naman. Proper maintenance is the key.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    For fuel filter, if you buy quality ones, every 10k km is safe for replacement. Do not buy Vic. If you can buy Baldwin, better. If not, try to look for Bosch filters.

For my diesel rig, i replace it every 10k km. For our delivery vans, every 5k km using Bosch. This is because i dont know kung saan nagpapakarga drivers namin. To avoid future problems. For my rig, i only load up with seaoil/unioil. Nothing more nothing less kaya 10k km ako.

Also, you dont need to check the injection pump and injectors yearly naman. Proper maintenance is the key.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks for the info. by the way, can you recommend a good aircon technician in mandaluyong area? im having problems with the aircon of my crosswind

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hi uncle nick,

Can u help me have a maintenance checklist for my 2002 crosswind. bought the unit last 2009 without the manual. or better yet maybe if there are some XUv owners also willing to have their manuals photocopied. thanks in advance. hope to learn more from this thread.

go to Vehicles, Parts, and Services - Isuzu Philippines and select "Services" then, click on "Periodic Maintenance".

Write in the mileage you drive and time intervals, then let your 'puter do the rest.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    go to Vehicles, Parts, and Services - Isuzu Philippines and select "Services" then, click on "Periodic Maintenance".

Write in the mileage you drive and time intervals, then let your 'puter do the rest.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Sorry!

I should have been more clear.

You should put your curser on the words "Vehicles, Parts, and Services - Isuzu Philippines" in my original post and click. This will bring you to the Isuzu Philippines web site. Then you will be able to select "Services", then select "Periodic Maintenance". Then select your mileage or time interval which you can expand to show what has to be done for proper PMS.

Don't hesitate to ask for more information.

I'm retired, I have the time.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sensya na sa late reply. inabot ng ilang buwan. hehe.

Anyway, clogged fuel filter ang culprit. had it changed. dinamay na rin palinis yung sedimentor. ayun...oks na. lakas nang humatak.

While we're on the subject, can a dirty fuel tank be a possible cause also of having a clogged fuel filter? Kung ganun, drain fuel tank ba muna? or deretchong pabuksan na yung fuel tank para malinis ng husto yung loob? What's a good clean diesel brand? Been using Petron Turbo Diesel for quite some time now. Meron bang masmalinis na diesel sa market natin?

TIA

Isuzu Crosswind XUV/XUVi Owners