New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 177 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i dont think the design of the crosswind can handle a powerful engine.. buti sana if ma.improve pa ang suspension, like coil springs and ma.remedyohan ang bodyroll pra mas stable sa curves.. ang coment ko lng sa sportivo is, parang matutumba pg sa curve.. nilagyan ko na ng stabilizer, but still may bodyroll pa rin.. i find it uncomfy.. nakakatakot magcurve at high speeds..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A stabilizer isn't much help. You could upgrade the shock absorbers to stiffer items to lessen body roll.

Part of it is also the high center of gravity of the Sportivo. Since it is taller than other Crosswinds and rides on fat tires, all those 1.9 tons of mass are far off the ground. Lower it about 2-3 inches and stiffen the shocks and it should feel better without riding much worse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir niky, how about changing the tires to a more wider width? would it help in it's stability?

sir sinister_fadz magkano po iyung stabilizer? and place po sana kung saan ninyo nabili. TIA po.

sirs, is there anyone here who is using a K&N dopr in type air filter? dito po kasi sa amin tarlac and dagupan wala akong mahanap.

thank you po

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wider, just a bit. The big problem is the motion of the body itself. You can upgrade to better, stickier tires, but this just makes the car stick better... body roll is still present, and still dangerous because the suspension design means that the wheels will tend to buckle under the car in a corner.

The best way to make it handle better, really, is to give it the same size wheels and tires as the regular Crosswind and to lower it to the same height.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^or drive slower :D jk

have the same experience with our sportivo, mejo mahirap nga sa matulin at sharp na likuan so no choice but to slow down lalo na pag basa(mas madulas ang off-road tires pag wet surface, tama po ba?)

d ba mawawala warranty ng sasakyan pag pinalitan ung gulong and ni lower ng ung ride height?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    so, among the mods... considering mataas ang sportivo and other tire concerns, would it be better to choose a smaller one.

just like yung bagong labas na limited edition? XTi or Sportivo?
    same engine specs (meaning same performance, speed, acceleration?)

so which is which... i'm still choosing on which will i buy...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The XTi is the one with the Sportivo accessories but the XTi ride height, right? It's probably a better choice.

You can't just change to a smaller tire, you need to lower the vehicle, too. A tall vehicle on skinny tires is dangerous.

Yup, off-road tires are very slippery in the wet, but most truck tires are, anyway. Most AUVs come on hard compound tires which last a long time, but give very little in terms of braking grip.

mhelskie has a good point. The Crosswind wasn't built to be driven fast. There's too much understeer and positive camber built into the suspension geometry for it to be safe. The only reason you see a lot of Everests turning turtle and Fortuners spinning out is that they're so powerful that their drivers often exceed the limites of their tires and suspension. The Crosswind? Only thing you see them doing is running into things under braking (damn *%&$& brakes!).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir niky, can you give me an advise on how to lower my sportivo? dba torsion ang iikotin sa front.. how about yung sa likod? gusto ko kc na yung parang xto or xti.. is it the shocks? yaw ko kc mag.improvise or e.magic or mg.add ng block between the leaf spring and axle.. hehe!! would installing a loadplus in the leafspring help in preventing bodyroll..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ei, mga crosswind and sportivo owners, my naka.try nba sainyo ng OME shocks at iron man loadplus? sino dito ang nakapag.lowered na ng ride?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister_fadz View Post
    sir niky, can you give me an advise on how to lower my sportivo? dba torsion ang iikotin sa front.. how about yung sa likod? gusto ko kc na yung parang xto or xti.. is it the shocks? yaw ko kc mag.improvise or e.magic or mg.add ng block between the leaf spring and axle.. hehe!! would installing a loadplus in the leafspring help in preventing bodyroll..
    palit tayo ng XTO ko joke

you cannot get the height of XTO why kasi naka lift ang body ng XTRM,XUV,Sportibo ng +-2inch. thats why sportivo can used 235/70r15 tires while xto can upgrade only up to 215/70r15.

load plus can help only not to drop yun likod if loaded

for me mas masarap talaga drive yun xto kesa XUV kahit pa A/T :peace: