New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by top_spin View Post
    Just got our brand new Crosswind XT on the first week of August. After almost a month of waiting for a unit, i finally got one. We were just disappointed with one Isuzu dealer here in mindanao which we originally were planning to get our unit. After almost 3 weeks of waiting, we ended up with nothing. When we had our reservation on the 1st week of July, they told us that some units area coming next week. We patiently waited but another week passed, they said there are no XT units arrived. I just wondered if it will really take that long. Another excuse is the assembly they said, some problems. They said again "maybe next week". I ask them if my unit will be in that batch. Same answer.. its a "maybe". How come a dealer doesn know whats are the units being shipped to them. Its enough, i had to withdrew my reservation.
    It just happened when i went to Cebu, i passed by Isuzu Cebu Showroom and decided to drop by. I found they have plenty of XT units available. I asked how come...... There i found a unit which is still not sold so i had it reserved.
    I appreciate the agent who accomodated me. After i paid my DP and all the paperworks, in less than a week my unit arrived. They did it all that fast including the shipment. Can you imagine that....

Anyway, i got my unit after all... Thanks to the people of Isuzu Cebu..
    The assembly plant can't cope up with the demands in the market. I did some waiting myself for almost 3 weeks as they can't give me the Sportivo unit here in Manila last March. I did called up all the other dealers & got the same answer. I stuck it out with my dealer and I guess she did pulled some string to be able to give me my unit.. It was not the first car I bought from them (I bought Sportivo 2 yrs ago ). The dealers can't really tell you a confirmation of when they will be able to deliver the unit as they only wait for the output from the assembly plant...There's quite a long line waiting from dealers all over for their respective job orders to be delivered.
    I did not switch to other dealers because it's the same story and also, I had a better deal from my previous agent for the 2007 model....There was 1 dealer that have the available unit/color I want but the price for registration/insurance etc..was a bit marked up...I guess he thought I am not aware of the existing prices & he could pull a fast trick on me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    Good choice! another crosswind owner! congrats on your new ride.
    yehey! join ako ha, crosswind 2005 c big foot ko eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Questions I have after receiving a quotation for an Xwind XUV unit from a Metro Manila based Isuzu dealer:

1. How come Isuzu restricts color choices for brand-new Xwinds? There are only three colors available per variant. Paano kung wala doon sa tatlo yung gusto mong color?

2. Do brand-new Crosswind units come factory rust-proofed? An agent was selling me rustproofing saying that brand new Xwind units are not rustproofed.
    Undercoating lang daw sa factory. Totoo ba yun?

3. Does Crosswind have a catalytic converter?

4. I asked for a discount. Nilagay sa quotation na P15K discount pero may qualifying statement na "subject to approval by Isuzu Phils." Huh? May policy ba ang planta to impose uniform pricing among all its dealers? Bawal ba magbigay ng discount on the dealer level?

5. Ganito ang pagka-quote ng presyo sa akin for the XUV M/T:
    Gross Vehicle Price = P 1,029,000
    Less Discount = P 50,000.00
    Net Price = P 979,000.00
    Less Fleet Discount = P15,000 (for approval by IPC)
    Final Price = P 964,000
    Reaction ko ay Huh? Isn't P979K already the published price?
    Yun ang nakalagay sa mga car charts ng C!, Top Gear at
    Motioncars.com. Why make it appear that its discounted? Isn't
    that a form of dishonesty??
    Moral Lesson: Spend a lot of time doing due diligence work on your
    prospective new car purchase. Otherwise, baka lokohin ka lang nung dealer.
    I can't believe they still use these dirty sales tactics...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    TJMaxx sinubukan mo na bang mag inquire sa iba pang dealer? Yung 1M+ pang Sportivo na yun.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    TJMaxx ang alam ko XUV MT is 979K, AT is 1.039M...Try the other dealers kc iba-iba discount price bigay nila..the other items can also be included sa freebies if ok yong dealer mo...I initially opted for the XUV but later on chose the Sportivo as I don't want to be bothered trying to dress up the unit ..Konti lang difference actually sa price
    Color variants even for the Sportivo is only 3 lang din...konti talaga choices mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung nga eh. P979K naman talaga presyo ng XUV M/T but they're passing it off as a discounted price already tapos they will throw in pa a miniscule P15K fleet discount as a pa-impress effect.
    Misleading if a potential buyer did not do his homework....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Congratulations on the new Crosswind! When I recieved mine from the Cagayan De Oro dealer on July 9th...they were sold out on all vehicles except an automatic Sportivo - Lucent gold on the dealer showroom floor. Waiting time was 2-4 weeks depending on vehicle type. The next day after pickup of my Sportivo, I stopped at Honda dealer to look at the new Honda-CRV and compare my second choice to my Sportivo. They had no CRV availabe and if I wanted to order one...my waiting time was 4-5 months. I am a happy Isuzu Crosswind owner right now!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    Congratulations on the new Crosswind! When I recieved mine from the Cagayan De Oro dealer on July 9th...they were sold out on all vehicles except an automatic Sportivo - Lucent gold on the dealer showroom floor. Waiting time was 2-4 weeks depending on vehicle type. The next day after pickup of my Sportivo, I stopped at Honda dealer to look at the new Honda-CRV and compare my second choice to my Sportivo. They had no CRV availabe and if I wanted to order one...my waiting time was 4-5 months. I am a happy Isuzu Crosswind owner right now!
    Congrats on your new ride.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Another happy camper...congrats. Ganun talaga when a new model comes out in the market..There's a great demand & scamper from potential buyers kaya tumatagal lalo waiting period if you come in to the scene rather a bit late.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by artlynn View Post
    hONESTLY, NG bumili ako ng Sportivo 2007 A/T eh nabagalan ako or nanibago ako, sanay kasi ako sa MT eh, pero, pagtagal tagal ko na syang na drive, nakadevelop ako ng technique or natanggap ko na sya na ganun ang A/T, at in all, satisfied ako sa sportivo 2007 A/T.
    Front facing nga pala ang sportivo 2007 ko....

Di rin sya ganun kaingay at katagtag.....

Ang di ko lang nasusubukan eh kung okay iakyat ng Bagiuo???

sir, turo naman technique mo sakin kasi company car drive ko automatic sportivo wala hatak hirap overtake