New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 177 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Just a tip, please don't expect your Crosswinds, Revos, Adventures, etc. to ride and perform like your previous 1.6 sedans. There's a big difference between the two vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Crosswind Owners, do you know if the vacuum supply for the breaks are coming from the alternator?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello. I'm seriously considering getting a Crosswind and evaluating it in detail versus an Innova 2.5L D4D G variant or a Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport 2.5L.
    I'm taking my own sweet time in the evaluation process but so far the Crosswind XUV is ahead on my list. I haven't owned a diesel-fed vehicle before but I'm really decided already that my next ride will be diesel powered. My no.1 consideration is Fuel Economy, followed by engine reliability and durability and then by overall long-term cost of ownership (i.e. maintenance costs, easy availability and affordability of spare parts). My impression from reading a lot of posts over Tsikot.com is that the Crosswind adresses all these considerations quite satisfactorily even if the Crosswind has been repeatedly maligned in almost all car reviews that I have read on-line and in print.

I just have some queries that perhaps long time Isuzu owners can answer:

1. In the Buyer's Guide of C! Magazine, the Crosswind, with an indicated 81 HP, was listed as having a fuel consumption of 10 km/l City and 14 km/l Highway. The Innova G D4D, with an indicated 102HP, was listed as having the same fuel consumption as the Crosswind. The Adventure Super Sport, with 73HP, was not tested for fuel consumption but an article in motioncars.com mentioned that its F.C. was around 9 km/l city& highway.
    I just need to comprehend:
    (a) why these 3 vehicles have different HPs despite all having the same 2.5L engine displacements
    (b) Why despite the Innova having more HP and the more modern common rail, it delivers just the same fuel economy as the Crosswind
    (c) How come the 2.5L Mitsu Adventure is thirstier than the 2.5L Crosswind if engine displacement is the same

Second Query: What driving tips can you give a person like me who is newly migrating to diesel. Any techniques in gear shifting, acceleration, routine maintenance, etc.

Lastly, I was able to test drive an XUV from a dealership a few weeks back. Very noticeable yung di pagka-align ng clutch, brake at gas pedals. I have to lift my right foot from the accelerator to step on the brakes. Tapos medyo malalim yung clutch pedal at medyo "rubbery" yung stick shift. Was that just the demo unit or are all Xwind like that?
    With regards to engine noise, di naman ganun ka-ingay as claimed in previous posts, IMO. Tapos, yung bang seat cover nun ay totoong leather or vinyl leatherette lang?
    Ang maganda pala sa Crosswind ay kumpleto na sa bihis at porma di tulad ng Innova na parang bare ang dating at dami pang accessories ang kailangang idagdag. Gusto ko din yung Aircon niya. Ang lakas. Tatagal kaya ang pagkalakas ng lamig niya even in the long term?
    Salamat sa tulong at mga payo ninyo.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *20vanda01: I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMaxx View Post
    Hello. I'm seriously considering getting a Crosswind and evaluating it in detail versus an Innova 2.5L D4D G variant or a Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport 2.5L.
    I'm taking my own sweet time in the evaluation process but so far the Crosswind XUV is ahead on my list. I haven't owned a diesel-fed vehicle before but I'm really decided already that my next ride will be diesel powered. My no.1 consideration is Fuel Economy, followed by engine reliability and durability and then by overall long-term cost of ownership (i.e. maintenance costs, easy availability and affordability of spare parts). My impression from reading a lot of posts over Tsikot.com is that the Crosswind adresses all these considerations quite satisfactorily even if the Crosswind has been repeatedly maligned in almost all car reviews that I have read on-line and in print.

I just have some queries that perhaps long time Isuzu owners can answer:

1. In the Buyer's Guide of C! Magazine, the Crosswind, with an indicated 81 HP, was listed as having a fuel consumption of 10 km/l City and 14 km/l Highway. The Innova G D4D, with an indicated 102HP, was listed as having the same fuel consumption as the Crosswind. The Adventure Super Sport, with 73HP, was not tested for fuel consumption but an article in motioncars.com mentioned that its F.C. was around 9 km/l city& highway.
    I just need to comprehend:
    (a) why these 3 vehicles have different HPs despite all having the same 2.5L engine displacements
    (b) Why despite the Innova having more HP and the more modern common rail, it delivers just the same fuel economy as the Crosswind
    (c) How come the 2.5L Mitsu Adventure is thirstier than the 2.5L Crosswind if engine displacement is the same

Second Query: What driving tips can you give a person like me who is newly migrating to diesel. Any techniques in gear shifting, acceleration, routine maintenance, etc.

Lastly, I was able to test drive an XUV from a dealership a few weeks back. Very noticeable yung di pagka-align ng clutch, brake at gas pedals. I have to lift my right foot from the accelerator to step on the brakes. Tapos medyo malalim yung clutch pedal at medyo "rubbery" yung stick shift. Was that just the demo unit or are all Xwind like that?
    With regards to engine noise, di naman ganun ka-ingay as claimed in previous posts, IMO. Tapos, yung bang seat cover nun ay totoong leather or vinyl leatherette lang?
    Ang maganda pala sa Crosswind ay kumpleto na sa bihis at porma di tulad ng Innova na parang bare ang dating at dami pang accessories ang kailangang idagdag. Gusto ko din yung Aircon niya. Ang lakas. Tatagal kaya ang pagkalakas ng lamig niya even in the long term?
    Salamat sa tulong at mga payo ninyo.
    1.a. The Innova D4D is common rail direct injection, meaning, it is equipped with high pressure injectors that help improve combustion and keep the engine cool at higher turbocharging pressures. Thus, it's more powerful than the ancient diesels of the Crosswind and Adventure, although not as powerful as the 2.5 CRDis in the Mitsubishi Strada (136 hp, 2.5 liter) and in the Starex (145 hp, 2.5 liter). Mitsubishi won't be using that 136 hp engine in the Adventure, as it's about due for replacement.

1.b. It's simply because the displacement is the same. Typically, the more power you make, the more fuel you use, but in cruising and in traffic, you don't use all your power. Cruising at 1,000 - 2,000 rpms, you will often use the same amount of gas in a turbocharged engine as in a non-turbocharged engine. Also, the Innova is lighter than the Crosswind.

1.c. It could be a number of reasons. But there's some variability in testing. Unless the same person tested all three vehicles on the same day and in the exact same conditions, you're bound to get different results.

2. Don't wring out the engine all the time. A Crosswind usually isn't happy above 3,000 rpms. Shift low, take advantage of your torque... but don't lug it. After a while, you'll learn when you're lugging it (you'll feel the increased vibration and hesitation) and you'll learn where the engine is happiest.

As for maintenance, since the XUV MT is now turbocharged, take it easy or coast when you're near your destination, or, alternatively, idle for at least 30 seconds to one minute when you park to let oil circulate freely in the turbo (I'm not sure if the XUV's turbo is oil or water cooled) before you turn it off. It's not a necessity, according to some, but it will definitely help increase the life of your turbo.

Don't miss any oil changes.

3. I've never noticed anything wrong with the pedals of the Crosswind, but the brakes are usually spongy and weak. Maybe you'll get used to it. The gearshift is indeed rubbery, and tends to get notchy over time. The bushings on our shifter have worn out (at 100,000 kms... seems many Japanese gearshifters tend to do this with this many kilometers) and the lock-out for reverse is gone. Still, it's passable, and I prefer the MT to the AT Crosswind as the AT is unbearably slow in overtaking situations.

The new engines may not be as noisy simply because of the turbocharger. A turbocharger also acts as a sort of muffler, evening out the lumpiness in the noise coming from the cylinders.

It's leatherette... take good care of it. If it gets too dry or hot, it may crack, over time (ours did... 3 years, 100,000 kms old now... on the driver's seat).

As for the aircon, get good tint. It may get weaker over time (ours finally got recharged a few months ago). I've never felt ours to be particularly strong, but my previous ride was a Nissan, so I might be biased ( ).

Personally, having driven a number of Hilanders and Crosswinds over the past few years, I can understand your decision, despite not agreeing with it. I prefer getting the lower end Crosswinds because the smaller wheels mean a better ride, but aside from the harsh ride and weak brakes (changing tires can help with both of these problems), the Crosswind hasn't given us many headaches in these past three years. It's easier to care for than a car, and it's mechanically simple. The only real complaint I have is the expense of dealership service.
    Last edited by niky; June 15th, 2007 at 03:23 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    yung isuzu crosswind 2007 may mga ganito pa rin bang problema sa muffler na napuputol at yung problema sa clutch?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Supposedly, wala na yung muffler problem. Iba na yata yung exhaust design.

As for the clutch... typical naman yun sa driving namin... all traffic... that 110,000 kilometers was something like 80% traffic. Our first clutch was replaced at 40k kms (we suspect the driver was clutch-driving it), but the new one has lasted 70k kms and is still good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *niky

maraming salamat......

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *niky

maraming salamat,sure na kaya na wala ng muffler problem ang crosswind 2007,sana nga kasi yan talaga gusto kung bilhin,hindi ba ako magsisi kung sakali,oo nga pala tungkol naman doon sa mabilis magkaroon ng kalawang na resolve na rin kaya?

siguro yung sa clutch hindi ako magkakroon ng problema kasi gusto sana matic,para ok sa long driving,wala na bang ibang problema sa crosswind kung sakali model 2007 na?

maraming salamat.......

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bugjuices View Post
    *niky

maraming salamat,sure na kaya na wala ng muffler problem ang crosswind 2007,sana nga kasi yan talaga gusto kung bilhin,hindi ba ako magsisi kung sakali,oo nga pala tungkol naman doon sa mabilis magkaroon ng kalawang na resolve na rin kaya?

siguro yung sa clutch hindi ako magkakroon ng problema kasi gusto sana matic,para ok sa long driving,wala na bang ibang problema sa crosswind kung sakali model 2007 na?

maraming salamat.......
    Yung muffler problem ng Xwind wala na. About sa kalawang naman nasa pag-aalaga lang yan, depende sa may-ari.

Sa AT na Xwind baka magkaproblema ka at ibenta mo din agad sobrang bagal ng AT niyan. Mag MT ka na lang kung gusto mo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *Syuryuken

sir papanong mabagal,mabagal yung acceleration ganun ba sir,iniisip ko kasi ,kapag misis ko na nagdridrive para mas madali din sa kanya,at lalo na kung long driving,para madali din sa kanya kapag may mga kasama syang bata na makukulit....

pero sa matic ng crosswind sir walang namang problema,kelan ba sir naayos ng isuzu yung sira ng crosswind,tungkol sa muffler?anong model year ng crosswind bukod sa 2007 ang ok na sa muffler?