New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 177 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    OT: may improvement narin ang leaf springs ng bagong xwind...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    we might get a crosswind once nabenta ung oto namin. Pinagpipilian namin ung XTi and XUV variant, sportivo is mejo malayo na sa budget. What's the difference between the XTi and XUV? And ano mga freebies na nakuha nyo sa mga dealers? May existing promo po ba isuzu pagdating sa crosswind? tnx!
    i just got my XTi sterling silver. major disparity nya sa XUV is ung tire size at pagiging lifted nito. more "sporty" looks, so to speak.

but i still chose the XTi for the price difference of around 80k. IMO, looks almost the same, spare tire mounting lang ay nasa ilalim unlike sa XUV na nasa likod. and i prefer the 3rd row seats to be front facing (XUV's 3rd row seats are side facing parin). And since the tires are smaller (205/65 vs 235/70 ng XUV) mas ok ung ride.

generally, i'm happy and satisfied.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post
    i just got my XTi sterling silver. major disparity nya sa XUV is ung tire size at pagiging lifted nito. more "sporty" looks, so to speak.

but i still chose the XTi for the price difference of around 80k. IMO, looks almost the same, spare tire mounting lang ay nasa ilalim unlike sa XUV na nasa likod. and i prefer the 3rd row seats to be front facing (XUV's 3rd row seats are side facing parin). And since the tires are smaller (205/65 vs 235/70 ng XUV) mas ok ung ride.

Just don't ask your friends or relatives to go on a convoy going to baguio. Because the crosswind will have a very hard time going up and maintaining a decent speed specially if its automatic.In our latest baguio trip, We have to wait for about 30 minutes for a crosswind XUV because it cannot overtake 2 trucks along kennon going up to baguio. And the 2 trucks were lumbering along at 20kph. In fact we were so worried that an accident has happend to them because they were late for a long time.When they arrived in Baguio the owner of the crosswind keeps on saying sorry.In fact after that trip, we call our friend Mr. Sorry. Its pathetic , spending a lot on a car and everytime you are in a caravan, you apologize for the deficiencies of your vehicle knowing that you are the cause why everybody has slow to down.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Just don't ask your friends or relatives to go on a convoy going to baguio. Because the crosswind will have a very hard time going up and maintaining a decent speed specially if its automatic.In our latest baguio trip, We have to wait for about 30 minutes for a crosswind XUV because it cannot overtake 2 trucks along kennon going up to baguio. And the 2 trucks were lumbering along at 20kph. In fact we were so worried that an accident has happend to them because they were late for a long time.When they arrived in Baguio the owner of the crosswind keeps on saying sorry.In fact after that trip, we call our friend Mr. Sorry. Its pathetic , spending a lot on a car and everytime you are in a caravan, you apologize for the deficiencies of your vehicle knowing that you are the cause why everybody has slow to down.
    beg to disagree with this, I been to Baguio on my xto thrice already thru Marcos highway. Wala sa kotse yan, nasa nagmamaneho and also depends if you know how to use the proper gear and right rev and stepping technique on the accelerator.

Assuming not much traffic going up, the xto,xt, xti, xl (dunno about the xuv's though w/ its larger tires) can go up Baguio at 50-60kph at 3rd gear consistently. Medyo maingay lang talga since you'll be revving the engine to 3000rpm. If you're slowed down by trucks travelling at 20-25kph, the technique is to down shift to 2nd gear, rev past 3000 rpm (around 3500-4000 rpm) to accelerate quickly up to 40-45 kph to pass those trucks. At kung mabibitin ka, the trick is to "pump" the gas pedal - let go of the pedal momentarily then press it again, and you'll get an extra boost going up. The only vehicles that could beat me when I going up baguio were sedans who had one or two passengers and the 3.0L diesel engined Toyota hilux, and the 2.9L intercooler turbo carnival and starex.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    I agree with rsnald. Maybe monmendoza is driving a V8-powered SUV?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    I agree with rsnald. Maybe monmendoza is driving a V8-powered SUV?
    No, I was driving a starex crdi. The other vehicles in our convoy were a pajero 2.8L diesel, an adventure 2.0 gas, and the Crosswind XUV. I totally agree that a driver will play a key role in determining the performance of a vehicle. Specially if you are driving a manual vehicle. I also would like to point out that going up via Kennon is much harder than via Marcos highway. Kennon is practically 2 lanes only while marcos highway is 3 sometimes 4 lanes. the grade in kennon is much steeper than Marcos highway the roads in kennon is also of poor quality compared to Marcos Highway. and in Kennon, the visible stretch is normally only about 150 meters. So you have to accelerate much faster or else you will be overtaking in a blindspot which is very dangerous. The event that I describe happened only this April 2007. We were on our way to Mt. Data which is 100kms farther from baguio along the Halshema highway.
    Anyway Im not asking you to take my word for it. It was just a first hand experience of mine. Im quite sure that I am not only one who have seen a crosswind having problems going uphill in a winding road in a convoy. Good luck on you crosswind purchase.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    I 'm driving a crosswind xtrm manual and have no problem going uphill.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, it was most likely an AT Crosswind... those are slow as heck.

No problems, really, going uphill... but maintaining convoy is another thing, entirely, as a Crosswind can't latch on to the end of the gravy train when you're all going around a truck (0-100 in half a minute... even longer if it's AT).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    No, I was driving a starex crdi. The other vehicles in our convoy were a pajero 2.8L diesel, an adventure 2.0 gas, and the Crosswind XUV. I totally agree that a driver will play a key role in determining the performance of a vehicle. Specially if you are driving a manual vehicle. I also would like to point out that going up via Kennon is much harder than via Marcos highway. Kennon is practically 2 lanes only while marcos highway is 3 sometimes 4 lanes. the grade in kennon is much steeper than Marcos highway the roads in kennon is also of poor quality compared to Marcos Highway. and in Kennon, the visible stretch is normally only about 150 meters. So you have to accelerate much faster or else you will be overtaking in a blindspot which is very dangerous. The event that I describe happened only this April 2007. We were on our way to Mt. Data which is 100kms farther from baguio along the Halshema highway.
    Anyway Im not asking you to take my word for it. It was just a first hand experience of mine. Im quite sure that I am not only one who have seen a crosswind having problems going uphill in a winding road in a convoy. Good luck on you crosswind purchase.
    From the given vehicles in your convoy, the crosswind seems to be the weakest link in terms of engine HP. I think this answered the question regarding why the Crosswind was left behind.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MACpod View Post

Sir Mcpod, im newbie here and also planning to buy our first family car. Like you, am also working in the middle east. Crosswind is first in our list. Magkano na po ngayon ang XTi.

thanks...