New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 22 of 177 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    hello fellow tsikoteers, just wondering if there is any word on a new crosswind/ sportivo with crdi engine. TIA
    Malabo

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Malabo
    malabo? bakit?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Isuzu's making a ton off of the Crosswind... have been for a long time... without updating the engine much (besides adding the catalytic converter, I suppose, to make the new one emissions compliant)... there's not much call for them to make it CRDi, especially since the simplicity and supposed indestructability of the engine is a main selling point.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Isuzu's making a ton off of the Crosswind... have been for a long time... without updating the engine much (besides adding the catalytic converter, I suppose, to make the new one emissions compliant)... there's not much call for them to make it CRDi, especially since the simplicity and supposed indestructability of the engine is a main selling point.
    The problem is that they are pricing it above the technology level present in their vehicle. I understand and fully support the lower variants for being a dependable workhorse - but to price the Sportivo almost in the same breath as compact SUVs with CRDi engines and 2.0L & above gas engines - that's just laughable.

Btw, I read before in an interview with Isuzu (by no less than Ray Butch Gamboa) that they *might* introduce mechanical upgrades for the Crosswind in the coming future. This interview was made last 2005. :rofl:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... but in a world where people pay a huge price premium for ladder-frame SUVs with OHV engines and leaf-springs (oh... they've modernized most of those, but...), Isuzu's decision is perfectly logical from a business point of view.

Hey, if there are enough suckers...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have 2002 XUVi, and one of the LCDs had cracked, I think dahil sa init. Necvox 'yon, san kaya makakabili ng ganung brand or same LCD that will fit into the Necvox housing? Otherwise papalit both LCDs to look even.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The problem is that they are pricing it above the technology level present in their vehicle. I understand and fully support the lower variants for being a dependable workhorse - but to price the Sportivo almost in the same breath as compact SUVs with CRDi engines and 2.0L & above gas engines - that's just laughable.

Btw, I read before in an interview with Isuzu (by no less than Ray Butch Gamboa) that they *might* introduce mechanical upgrades for the Crosswind in the coming future. This interview was made last 2005. :rofl:
    Mas mura pang Tucs CRDI kesa yang Sportivo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Napakakupad ng crosswind. Our camera club always goes out during summer and our typical vehicles when the whole club goes out and shoot are the starex CRDi, Pajero 2.8L, Adventure 2.0 Gas and a crosswind XUV. Pag akyatan na sa bundok, di na maka ahon ang crosswind. In our recent trip to Mt. Data along halshema highway, we have to stop many times along the way because the crosswind was left way behind and to think that we intentionally assigned less passengers to it because we know that it is very slow.. Pag flat road medyo di halata na under powered kasi bawal naman ang sobrang bilis sa NLEX. Pag going to baguio na, hirap na hirap magovertake ang crosswind lalo na kung conoy of trucks and nauuna sa amin. Sayang na sasakyan. Ang porma porma and mahal mahal pa , pero hanggang doon lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    Sige sir update nyo po kami, kasi yung father ko gusto rin ng tuner para sa sportivo nya. Balak ko sanang gawing gift for his birthday! TIA!
    kung malapit kayo sa sta lucia mall, merun akong nakita na tv tuner lang (ikinakabit sa LCDs ng oto) at aroung P2,000.

Parang nasa top floor na auto shop (malapit sa netopia).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of power...doesn't the new XUV and Sportivo comes with a turbo engine?

If yes, why not add an intercooler dito (front grille mount na lang)?

Or, perhaps increase the boost of the turbo...