New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 177 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hehe... the problem regarding dealers is that Isuzu Corp has relatively high casa prices. Kung kasosyo nyo naman, oks lang.

The turbo isn't obvious because it's low charge. Meaning it doesn't produce much power... with the new Euro2 emissions controls, a non-turbo Crosswind most likely would have 75 hp only... the turbo makes it around 85 hp, which is only about 3 hp more powerful than the old Crosswind.

Comments? I've driven all generations of the Crosswind previous to the Sportivo. I don't like the ride of the new ones, because they have stiffer springs to make up for their heavier weight (the original XUV rides nicer... and the Hilander rides even better than the XUV).

On the bright side, the newer ones don't have the radiator problems that the old ones did, as far as I know, and from what I've seen of the new exhaust, may flex pipe na siya, so hindi na siya mag-ra-rattle.

Besides the rattling seats and the ride, there are no more big problems with the Crosswind. Alagaan nyo lang ng maayos, and it'll last you a very long time.
    sir niky since you've driven both the old and the new crosswind may tanong lang ako sir regarding sa walang kamatayang pintas sa isuzu about its engine noise and vibration hehehhe..sabi kasi sa akin ng dealer ang makina ng 2007 sportivo ay euro 2 compliant na which result the engine noise and vibration is lesser na daw totoo ba sir?...ndito pa kasi ako sa labas kaya ndi ako makapag drop by sa mga auto showroom..

thanks...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mfgab View Post
    Thanks, guys! Anyway, we have the manual, and this year, ginawa na nilang Turbo. Pero nung pinag-drive ko yung bf ko today, sabi niya hindi raw halata yung Turbo. Is it because it's "Low-Charge Turbo"? What does "Low-Charge Turbo" mean anyway?

Mabait yung sub-dealer namin dito. Mag-asawa sila tapos ito yung business nila. Small city lang kasi, so we have mutual friends. Anyway, I dunno, pero I hope they won't change...
    congrats sa new ride mo, may tanong lang ako mam kasi i am planing to have one also and ang 2007 sportivo is in my list...how is the driving comfort.... ang noise ng engine at vibration tolerable ba?

thanks....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    congrats sa new ride mo, may tanong lang ako mam kasi i am planing to have one also and ang 2007 sportivo is in my list...how is the driving comfort.... ang noise ng engine at vibration tolerable ba?

thanks....
    i can't compare it to other SUV's/AUV's coz i'm not familiar with them, but before we got our unit, i've been browsing around the threads here, and have read horrible remarks about the crosswind's engine noise and vibration. i actually expected the worst, but when we got ours, i was surprised. the noise and vibration doesn't bother me at all! in other threads about older crosswinds, they were mentioning being able to hear only "linkin park-type music" coz of the engine noise, but IMHO, it's no way like that for the 2007 sportivo. maybe it's the euro 2 engine compliant... i dunno, but i honestly think engine noise and vibration is negligible.

as for comfort, seats are good. the first and 2nd rows are really roomy, and the alcantara leather with vinyl accents looks really good. the 3rd row is not so spacious, but it's elevated, so it's actually fun to sit there.

there are a number of things i love about this ride. for one, i think it looks gorgeous. the entertainment system is also top-notch. there's 3 video screens and sound quality is really good with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. it's also fuel-efficient. we loaded up on diesel, and after 30 km of travel, the fuel gauge still seemed to be in the same place. of course, it's an isuzu vehicle, so that's to be expected. but i think the best thing about it is the reverse camera. for such a big vehicle, it's indispensable!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006

thanks....
    in addition, i guess how u react to the noise and engine vibration depends on what kind of car ur used to driving. even though it's diesel, the 2007 sportivo's noise and vibration is more tolerable than that of my trusty old gas-run kia pride. but if ur used to really quiet cars, maybe u won't share my opinions. i test drive mo nalang para walang regrets.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    in addition, i guess how u react to the noise and engine vibration depends on what kind of car ur used to driving. even though it's diesel, the 2007 sportivo's noise and vibration is more tolerable than that of my trusty old gas-run kia pride. but if ur used to really quiet cars, maybe u won't share my opinions. i test drive mo nalang para walang regrets.
    very well said.

as for me, i own an isuzu, coming from gas fed cars, i find diesel cars noisy especially isuzu. anyhow, in my own opinion, ive always liked sportivo/ xuvi looks. too bad i didnt get that instead of my trup.. anyhow, enjoy your car ma'am.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i can't compare it to other SUV's/AUV's coz i'm not familiar with them, but before we got our unit, i've been browsing around the threads here, and have read horrible remarks about the crosswind's engine noise and vibration. i actually expected the worst, but when we got ours, i was surprised. the noise and vibration doesn't bother me at all! in other threads about older crosswinds, they were mentioning being able to hear only "linkin park-type music" coz of the engine noise, but IMHO, it's no way like that for the 2007 sportivo. maybe it's the euro 2 engine compliant... i dunno, but i honestly think engine noise and vibration is negligible.

as for comfort, seats are good. the first and 2nd rows are really roomy, and the alcantara leather with vinyl accents looks really good. the 3rd row is not so spacious, but it's elevated, so it's actually fun to sit there.

there are a number of things i love about this ride. for one, i think it looks gorgeous. the entertainment system is also top-notch. there's 3 video screens and sound quality is really good with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. it's also fuel-efficient. we loaded up on diesel, and after 30 km of travel, the fuel gauge still seemed to be in the same place. of course, it's an isuzu vehicle, so that's to be expected. but i think the best thing about it is the reverse camera. for such a big vehicle, it's indispensable!
    thanks sa reply mam, it made me to put the sportivo on top in the list hehehhe...for fuel efficient isuzu is known for that thats why i include it in my list, the look it seems the sportivo wins over thier rival AUV vehicle...how about the color since you is lady....for you which color is cool blizzard grey or lucent gold...sa amin kasi mga lalaki black is cool pero ayaw ng mrs ko...pwede post mo ride mo para naman makita ko hehehhe...

thanks..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    how is the driving comfort.... ang noise ng engine at vibration tolerable ba?

thanks....
    Personally, I wished they just replaced the engine and the suspension rather than adding a reverse camera (in which some well-maintained buses, even old ones already use this), chromed bumper, and a tire cover which IMO is uglier than the previous simple but neat-looking one.

Adding features maybe a decisive feat but nothing beats performance upgrade. Imagine, dami ng gen na ng Crosswind (and yes, nadrive ko rin 'to from first models up to the 2006) but Isuzu can't seem to notice that not all of their customers buying the unit are just on for the sake of features alone, but for off-roading and other power-requiring maneuvers as well. Fuel efficiency? If that's the only edge left, oh boy...

Also, comparing the engine noise with current diesel engines is certainly a lot noisier. Ride-comfort? can't seem to avoid bumping my head up the roof whenever I try to become a passenger and the driver is just terrible in spotting potholes.

Package-wise, everything's there for the family to enjoy. But performance-wise, it just doesn't deliver.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; January 9th, 2007 at 12:26 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks sa reply mam, it made me to put the sportivo on top in the list hehehhe...for fuel efficient isuzu is known for that thats why i include it in my list, the look it seems the sportivo wins over thier rival AUV vehicle...how about the color since you is lady....for you which color is cool blizzard grey or lucent gold...sa amin kasi mga lalaki black is cool pero ayaw ng mrs ko...pwede post mo ride mo para naman makita ko hehehhe...

thanks..
    ur welcome.

we have the lucent gold. me and my mom decided on the color. dad ko sumabay nalang hehe i haven't seen the 2007 blizzard grey, pero i saw a 2006 grey one. baka yun na rin yun. ok naman sya. feeling ko, pag bago maganda talaga kahit anong kulay, coz shiny pa... hehehe... if ur wife doesn't like black, choose between the other two colors nalang... i think u can't go wrong coz they're both ok. parang pinag-isipan talaga ng isuzu yung tatlong kulay na ino-offer nila (altho i dunno y tatlo lang)...

anyway, as for the lucent gold, cool sya, parang nag-iiba-iba yung kulay... sometimes parang may shade of green, minsan na man parang off-white, minsan para ring silver hehehe... basta it's a very pale gold... don't worry, hindi sya mukhang cheap hehe. post ko yung pics pag tumigil na ang ulan d2 samin at makapagpicture naman ako...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope the 2006 grey is different from the Blizzard grey

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i got my 2007 sportivo MT blizzard grey 3rd week of december at 1st nanibago ako kasi medyo malalim ang clutch but For me ok na ok na siya for daily use even long trip matipid sa diesel 55L approx 450kms. un tagtag na sinasabi i guess naayos na. vibration hhmmnn... i guess meron pa rin kaunti. noisy engine, actually d mo na marinig un pag running kana very quite naman. 3rd row seat yan ang hate ko dahil maingay wla silang proper lock para dun.

pintas ko lang ay ang gawa nila ay napaka tipid lalo na ang carpet manipis tapos un tirang tela ay pinamigay as free hehhehe...then wlang cup holder sa harap pero sa likod meron... pinoy design kasi!!! pero hanggang ngaun wla pa rin ang plate ko.

Message ko lang sa mga mahilig mag off-road this is not the right car. you want my advice take TOYOTA LANDCRUISER. i got model 2006 GXR yan d ka ipapahiya kahit anong terrain and my max speed 180km/hr.