New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 177 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hindi ko gusto ride ng xuvi for long drive specifically xuvi 2003 turbo a/t. masakit sa katawan, steering wheel shaky - manila/batangas/manila.

i hope newer ones are already improved. based on experience btw.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Negative? Bad ride (bouncy when empty, rough when full), noisy, exhaust and radiator wear out easily (but I think they finally fixed the radiator back in 04 or 05, and the exhaust with the current model) and the tires are slippery in braking.

But I still can't imagine anything else being as useful and as rugged as our Crosswind. The only thing, really, that you need to do to make it better is to buy better shocks for the rear and better tires (to cure braking problems)...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Congrats on your new XUV Since my budget was limited, I bought a 03' XUV with 31K odo reading. These are what I have fixed;
    1. Changed rubber tube bushing (connecting the tubes from engine going to muffler) 1,600Php
    2. Changed the muffler 1,600Php
    3. Changed Oil seal bearing (At the lower portion of the engine) because of oil leak. 400Php(can't remember the price)+ 250 labor
    4. I put extra washer below the 2nd row seat because its loose (It makes sounds on bumpy roads) but now its fixed.
    5. It has a very very small leak of water at the upper rubber hose connected to the radiator in which I tightened the hose clip but the leak did not go.
    Other than that, the vehicle is very reliable and impressive...
    I get 14Km/l highway and 11-12km/l city. My max speed record was 142kph.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks mga kasama, i appreciate your feedbacks. At saka naninibago nga ako magdrive kasi mits galant 2.0 kasi yung isang drive ko, biglang bumagal takbo ko May performance upgrade ba ang crosswind?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better shocks. Better tires. Lower it to the same height as the regular Crosswind.

2006? So yours has the turbo already? You can try a small intercooler and exhaust upgrades for more speed, but I highly doubt you can get more than 100-110 hp out of it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Congrats bro!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hmmm.... should newbies first try to use the search function before posting a new thread??? Siguro dapat may malaking paalala ang tsikot.com sa mga newbies na gamitin ang search function....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    got 2004 crosswind-automatic.. its downside

1. the ride.. lalo na kung nasa likod ka, para kang nasa truck..anyway expect nothing more, this is truck based, so bouncy talaga... makukunan ang mga buntis!!

2. ang bagal!!!, naka-floor na gas-pedal mo, may na-overtake pa sa yo.. truck ng basura..

***no-offense to crosswind user, but i switch to fort simply because im not satisfied...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k2tingx View Post
    1. the ride.. lalo na kung nasa likod ka, para kang nasa truck..anyway expect nothing more, this is truck based, so bouncy talaga... makukunan ang mga buntis!!

2. ang bagal!!!, naka-floor na gas-pedal mo, may na-overtake pa sa yo.. truck ng basura..
    Sobra ka naman...di naman truck ng basura... kia picanto naman :lol:
    hehehe seriously..mabagal talga yung matic, the manual is a bit faster sa acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    hindi ko gusto ride ng xuvi for long drive specifically xuvi 2003 turbo a/t. masakit sa katawan, steering wheel shaky - manila/batangas/manila.
    agree... try driving manila-baguio, straight..or manila-ilocos norte. kakapagod yung drone ng engine nya. kundi vibration fatigue, noise fatigue ka. but it's bearable compared to driving an honer type jeep with all leaf springs susension yung sa likod ang kawawa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Questions:
    1. When the thread is merged what happened to the other threads of similar topic discussion? patay na ba yon?

2. Between bridgestone and goodyear tire for crosswind which is better (eto lang kaya ng budget)

Salamat.