New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 86 of 177 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hello! I have an '03 XUVi A/T with odo reading of plus 90T kms. I normally get 10 km/lt consumption with combined city/highway driving, I live in Santa Rosa, Laguna and works in Makati.

Maintenance wise, I regularly oil change using Caltex Delo Semi every 5000 km or less. So far I have changed my front tires because of uneven wear, replaced brake pads, shoes, refaced brake drum and lately and the costliest: replaced evaporator, filter and expansion valves.

I have learned so much in reading thru the posts here and is my primary source of information for anything about our crosswinds.

Thanks to all for sharing their stories here

czarsky

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokwagen View Post
    hello!

i acquired a 2001 XTO from my father last January. Alagang alaga nya ito and maganda ang takbo. Matipid din sya, nakaka 12KPL ako, city/slex driving.
    may isa lang akong napansin,
    since january, 3 times na nababali yun tubo ko sa main muffler. Yung first time, ang cause daw eh nasira na yun rubber (shaped like an 8) thingie that holds the muffler in place. pero yun last 2, buo pa yun rubber pero bali ulit yun tube connecting directly to the main body of the muffler.
    ang sabi ng tatay ko, never daw nasira sa kanya ito, so malamang daw dahil sa driving ko kaya nasisira. di naman ako balasubas pero di rin ako mala-pagong magmaneho.
    meron din ba kayong similar problem with your xwind? I will have it checked again tomorrow, probably papa-weld ko na naman pero I want it to last a bit kasi hassle din yun palaging nasisira.
    Bok - di ko rin alam kung bakit hindi ito nasira sa tatay mo noon pero what I know is design problem ito ng mga sinaunang crosswinds.

Kelangan lang lagyan ng "flexible pipe" in between sa main body at exhaust pipe para mabawasan yung vibration na siyang dahilan para maputol yung original pipe. Nagkataon lang siguro na hindi alam ng pinagdalhan mong "muffler shop" yung problema na yan pero dun sa shop dito malapit sa amin ay yan kaagad yung suggestion nila . . . hope this helps

czarsky

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hi to all bago ako dito sa tsikot, gusto palitan ang gulong ng sportivo ko model 2006. Anong magandang gulong??

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    sino po online ngayon may tatanong lang po sana ako.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by czarsky68 View Post
    Bok - di ko rin alam kung bakit hindi ito nasira sa tatay mo noon pero what I know is design problem ito ng mga sinaunang crosswinds.

Kelangan lang lagyan ng "flexible pipe" in between sa main body at exhaust pipe para mabawasan yung vibration na siyang dahilan para maputol yung original pipe. Nagkataon lang siguro na hindi alam ng pinagdalhan mong "muffler shop" yung problema na yan pero dun sa shop dito malapit sa amin ay yan kaagad yung suggestion nila . . . hope this helps

czarsky
    Kung malapit sa sa Evangelista, Pasay, yung muffler shop na malapit sa EDSA knows where to install the flexible tube. Doon ako nag palagay, after that no more problem. Next design problem of 2001 is the radiator, prone sa crack/leak.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportiv08 View Post
    sino po online ngayon may tatanong lang po sana ako.
    Sige lang... post your question here (and not have to wait for anyone online) and if someone does check the forum, you may get a reply to your query.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi Guys,

Makikisali na din, i have a lot of question kasi i need to know more about this truck, and kasi i Just got a Crosswind XTO 01' A/T Turbo, Pacencya na it's not as new as the XUV/XUVis/Sportivos out there (but given the option and breads, i'll get that model kaso wala hehehe) It has 150+k odo. I got it kasi it was still fresh. New Tires, Original Paint and havent had any freak accidents (knock on wood) The original owner is a Lady and resides on cavite and works on Ortigas, uwian, Makes sense so Maybe kahit 150+k odo na kinuha namin talagang malayo ang binibyahe araw araw. Muka talagang matibay.

I was just told to just have the Engine/Transmission oil changed, so i did. I had it serviced by rapide' just yesterday. I know most of you guys wont agree that i had it serviced there. I've read the threads with regard to their service (rapide horror stories) but most of them are just disagreements on how they price a service. some are with branches that is to far here in manila. Maybe some-not good but there are better. I kinda trust them.

Well anyways. I dont know much of the Xwinds but pls enlighten me a bit:

1. What kind of isuzu engine do I have?
    2. The Common A/C dashboard light - How do i make it lit once again.
    (found out one thing its like some of the dashboard lights might not be functional at all. napansin ko na ung open door indicator di din cya gumagana sa dashboard ung ilaw lang ang nag iindicate na my bukas na pinto. pano din kaya gawin un kung ako lang ang gagawa.)

3. Un AC Medyo mahina na ung buga ng haning. San ba mura magpalinis ng evaporator and maayos?
    4. Ung likod ng XTO medyo mababa but i have seen some na mataas. what do i need to do to make it higher and how much kaya?
    5. I would like to get a hold of a copy of an Owner's Manual for my vehicle type so i can self study (nerd ba? hehe)

But I am really excited on driving this dude. Ayos tunog, 8 years na sya pero Macho ung tunog ng engine. And I want to know more about Trucks like these and their limits.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    First, [SIZE="4"]WELCOME!!![/SIZE]

Well anyways. I dont know much of the Xwinds but pls enlighten me a bit:

1. What kind of isuzu engine do I have? ISUZU 4JA1-L (2.5L Low Charged Turbo)

2. The Common A/C dashboard light - How do i make it lit once again.
    (found out one thing its like some of the dashboard lights might not be functional at all. napansin ko na ung open door indicator di din cya gumagana sa dashboard ung ilaw lang ang nag iindicate na my bukas na pinto. pano din kaya gawin un kung ako lang ang gagawa.) Replace the bulb behind the button/switch. It's likely busted.

3. Un AC Medyo mahina na ung buga ng haning. San ba mura magpalinis ng evaporator and maayos? Try to go to DENSO service shop. DENSO din kasi yung A/C system ng Crosswind. If mahina na ang "wind velocity" as it's called, maybe the evaporator or aircon ducts are dirty. They should be able to assess if cleaning would be enough or if it needs replacement ng evaporator.It is adviced by the plant to have the aircon system cleaned every 15,000 kms.

4. Ung likod ng XTO medyo mababa but i have seen some na mataas. what do i need to do to make it higher and how much kaya? Check first why "mababa" yung likod. Your shock absorbers may be shot or the leaf springs may need replacement. Have trusted and knowledgeable mechanic take a good look at it first.

5. I would like to get a hold of a copy of an Owner's Manual for my vehicle type so i can self study (nerd ba? hehe) Now that's tough. 1 is to 1 kasi issueance ng Owner's Manula ng mga kotse. Hope that someone here is willing to let go of his copy or have it photocopied.

[SIZE="4"]Good Luck!!![/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Crosswinds are good utility vehicles.

In fact, secondhand buy of this vehicle (so long as it is in good condition) is a way to go. Wala masyadong pinagbago sa current models.

I can answer some of your queries:
    A 2001 XTO uses a low-charged 4JA1 diesel engine. Low maintenance. Uses less than 5L engine oil. Even the low-end mineral oils will do. Hindi din maarte comparably sa diesel quality.

Peanut bulbs and tawag dun para sa dashboard illumination.

150,000 is a lot of mileage by any standards but parang binatilyo lang yan sa longevity ng engine.

Fixtures like doors, seats and body rusts are feedbacks notable in the older Crosswinds. Tagtag? If you can tolerate bus and jeepney rides, this is not an issue.

As I said, these are utility vehicles not luxury rides.

My greatest gripes on the Crosswind, at least on the one I own.....no 3-pt seatbelts, seats does not fold and tumble or fell flat to the floor, and a fix steering wheel.
    Last edited by Gerbo; September 6th, 2009 at 05:09 PM.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    In fairness, newer Crosswinds are not matagtag unlike the older versions.