New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 82 of 177 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *Bob,

Thanks for posting you're ride, it looks nice and very well maintained.

So far I don't feel any problem with my engine the mechanic also check it before and said that I just maintain it and be consistent with change oil it will go very far, and it does not blow black smoke yet since I always have my exhaust cleaned from carbon deposits. Since I got my ride, I've already run 2.5k km and I don't have any regret getting this car, which is btw my first descent car after an owner type jeep during my teenage days.

I'm also very keen now when driving my car, sometimes I even open my windows just to better hear the sound of my engine which is becoming music to my ears na.

Syangapala, I forgot I'm planning to have an underchassis coating also, I've already inquired at Petron along Araneta Ave. the price for their under coating is 3k using 3M Rubberized paint. Is this okay? I'm also considering Ziebart or Tuff Kote. Any suggestions? this is also high on my priority list.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Syangapala, I forgot I'm planning to have an underchassis coating also, I've already inquired at Petron along Araneta Ave. the price for their under coating is 3k using 3M Rubberized paint. Is this okay? I'm also considering Ziebart or Tuff Kote. Any suggestions? this is also high on my priority list.
    +1 to your idea of an undercoat.

Not to downplay Petron and it's services but Ziebart and Tuff Kote has been in that business for the longest time. A big part of me says you just choose between both --- unless their price is like 2-3x more to that of Petron, then I leave that for you to decide.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello.
    I'm new in this forum.
    I just to want to solicit any suggestion how to buy a used car. I've been gearing up to buy Crosswind since it will fit the condition in our area. FLOOD. There's been lot of words that I might fall to a expensive yet downgraded car. I know a lot of you have an experience about the unit. Your suggestion is highly appreciated. Better yet if you can recommend a unit that is for sale.

joey roo

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joey roo View Post
    Hello.
    I'm new in this forum.
    I just to want to solicit any suggestion how to buy a used car. I've been gearing up to buy Crosswind since it will fit the condition in our area. FLOOD. There's been lot of words that I might fall to a expensive yet downgraded car. I know a lot of you have an experience about the unit. Your suggestion is highly appreciated. Better yet if you can recommend a unit that is for sale.
    [SIZE="3"]WELCOME[/SIZE] Joey!

First, don't buy a Crosswind unit being sold in your area. Why? you mentioned of your area being flood-prone.... if the existing owner isn't sensitive of his Crosswind's maintenance (i.e. more frequent vehicle underwash, etc) you might end up getting a "rusty" unit, if you know what i mean.

Second, how much is your budget for a 2nd hand Crosswind? Any particular Crosswind variant you're after? PM me your reply to this and let me see what I could do to help.

Lastly, whichever unit you are to purchase, best if you could bring a trusted and experienced mechanic to help you assess the unit's condition.... at least the mechanical/electrical side. Aesthetic-wise, I think your taste would be enough.

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    [SIZE=3]WELCOME[/SIZE] Joey!

First, don't buy a Crosswind unit being sold in your area. Why? you mentioned of your area being flood-prone.... if the existing owner isn't sensitive of his Crosswind's maintenance (i.e. more frequent vehicle underwash, etc) you might end up getting a "rusty" unit, if you know what i mean.

Second, how much is your budget for a 2nd hand Crosswind? Any particular Crosswind variant you're after? PM me your reply to this and let me see what I could do to help.

Lastly, whichever unit you are to purchase, best if you could bring a trusted and experienced mechanic to help you assess the unit's condition.... at least the mechanical/electrical side. Aesthetic-wise, I think your taste would be enough.

Good luck!

My budget is 600K. From what I read from the threads, Xti will fit for me.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    Hi,

This afternoon I noticed that one of my fog light glass cover was missing, i just want to ask if anyone experienced their fog light glass cover fall off while driving. mukha naman ksi di agad un matatangal eh.. not unless may sumalbahe sa car ko while parked in front of our house.

May nabibili kaya nun na cover lang?

Thanks.

Mine too, sa may driver side...biyak sa gitna...may butas kasinlaki ng 2x2.

When I inquired here in Gensan, the cost is 5thou...next day delivery pa. Ang mahal pala. Walang available na cover lang. You have to buy the whole assembly.

What I did w2as to buy an acrylic panel 1 foot by 1 foot costing a 100 bucks sa isang glass store and carefully made a replica of the cover of my fog lamp. Hard plastic
    lang pala and original cover, hindi glass.

I used a five minute clear epoxy to cover my fog lamp. At a certain distance you would not notice any difference with the original one.

If you diy it be sure you have some skills in cutting and gluing but if you have the 4 thou or 5 thou you should get a replacement.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joey roo View Post
    My budget is 600K. From what I read from the threads, Xti will fit for me.
    I see. So since XTi is your preference, then you're after at the least a 2005 model and a M/T. Let me see if I could help in your search.... no promises thou.

Just a question, should there be a "sporty" but older model, are you open to it? If yes, are you open to a possibility of an A/T variant?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    gusto kong linisan air filter ng crosswind namin, di ko lang madala sa casa since 7k palang sha for her 10k pms. alam ko kelangan alisin yung mga clips circled in yellow, but do I have to take out those circled in red? also may cone type air filter ako, pwede bang direcho kabit na sha sa rubber tube, or kelangan ko pang bumili nung stainless tube? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Classic na Classic ah mr. Benz! I hope tumagal pa cyo yung "cheding" mo. GALING mo mag maintain ha!!! Drive safely!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargin View Post
    gusto kong linisan air filter ng crosswind namin, di ko lang madala sa casa since 7k palang sha for her 10k pms. alam ko kelangan alisin yung mga clips circled in yellow, but do I have to take out those circled in red? also may cone type air filter ako, pwede bang direcho kabit na sha sa rubber tube, or kelangan ko pang bumili nung stainless tube? thanks!

Yup, you'd need to remove the metal strap BUT not that. The other one that you have not encircled. As for the cone-type air filter, I believe you'd need to use that stainless tube that one often sees everytime a cone-type air filter is used. Pero eto lang naman sa akin.... why would you want to put that type of filter? Maingay na nga yung makina ng Crosswind, papaingayin mo pa lalo? Seriously, I would suggest you stick using the OEm air filters. And it seems that your Crosswind is new.... you would not want to take the risk of voiding the warranty this early, right?

Quote Originally Posted by red16 View Post
    Classic na Classic ah mr. Benz! I hope tumagal pa cyo yung "cheding" mo. GALING mo mag maintain ha!!! Drive safely!
    Thanks partner. Di biro mag-alaga ng classic. It required a lot of TLC.... and time (which I rarely have). I am just fortunate that my W123 has been cooperative.... not giving me a lot of worries. This may be my daily driver but there is always ba Trooper as back-up vehicle should the classic fails..... ( I still hope not )