New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 81 of 177 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I inquired sa Jayson and sa Casa ang mahal pala ng OEM na foglamps 4k sa Isuzu manila, 3.5k naman sa Jayson... gastos na naman...
    Are these prices for one piece only or for a set (LH/RH)?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    gud eve cnyo!

Ask ko lang, kaninang umaga pa alis palang kami ni misis, after i started d xuv may na aamoy akong parang nasusunog na "rubber" galing sa loob ng muffler. Ano kaya yun? Any advise po!!?? Pero ok naman yung takbo namin nung paandarin kuna. ( i think sa 'BELT' ng engine?)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red16 View Post
    Ask ko lang, kaninang umaga pa alis palang kami ni misis, after i started d xuv may na aamoy akong parang nasusunog na "rubber" galing sa loob ng muffler. Ano kaya yun? Any advise po!!?? Pero ok naman yung takbo namin nung paandarin kuna. ( i think sa 'BELT' ng engine?)
    Are you sure it's coming from the muffler? How did you "smell" it? As for the "melting belt" scent coming from the engine, it might be your fan belts....

If you are not sure, have them checked with a trusted and competent technician. Mahirap balewain mga ganitong kakaibang nararamdaman....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    * benz.

After i started the car nasa lub ako nang garage, 4 steps away from my car my na aamoy kaming "sunog na rubber" tinapatan ko ng amoy yung muffler dun nanggagaling yung amoy. After that sumakay na kami sa loob, sa loon ng car wala naman kaming na aamoy na katulad sa labas. Hindi rin naman sa aircon vent, naka a/c kami that time. Ok! naman yung amoy sa loob. Kanina lang cya nangamoy. Then dumating kami sa bahay lunch time na wala naman akong na aamoy na "sunog" after i switched off d car. But definetly tommorow e ccheck ko ulit at buksan korin yung hood para cgurado.( i hope carbon em. lng yung na amoy ko.)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Are these prices for one piece only or for a set (LH/RH)?
    *Benz: 1pc lang ung 4k sa Casa pati ung sa Jayson, bale 8k+ for 2pcs, ung OEM daw mahal talaga sabi ng Taga Isuzu Manila.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red16 View Post
    * benz.

After i started the car nasa lub ako nang garage, 4 steps away from my car my na aamoy kaming "sunog na rubber" tinapatan ko ng amoy yung muffler dun nanggagaling yung amoy. After that sumakay na kami sa loob, sa loon ng car wala naman kaming na aamoy na katulad sa labas. Hindi rin naman sa aircon vent, naka a/c kami that time. Ok! naman yung amoy sa loob. Kanina lang cya nangamoy. Then dumating kami sa bahay lunch time na wala naman akong na aamoy na "sunog" after i switched off d car. But definetly tommorow e ccheck ko ulit at buksan korin yung hood para cgurado.( i hope carbon em. lng yung na amoy ko.)
    Hmmm, that "burning rubber" may still be coming from somewhere else. I cannot relate the scent to be coming from the muffler. Check again tomorrow if ganun pa din. Do this just to reconfirm what you observed today. Whatever the result of that would be, best to seek an expert's opinion.

*Benz: 1pc lang ung 4k sa Casa pati ung sa Jayson, bale 8k+ for 2pcs, ung OEM daw mahal talaga sabi ng Taga Isuzu Manila.
    Let me see if my friend could source what you need. Who knows, he may just get them half of what you canvassed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Let me see if my friend could source what you need. Who knows, he may just get them half of what you canvassed.
    Thanks Benz, sana mahanapan mo rin ako ng fog light. Ang gastos magka Auto.. minsan tuloy parang gusto ko nalng igarage parati ung car para walang problema.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks Benz, sana mahanapan mo rin ako ng fog light. Ang gastos magka Auto.. minsan tuloy parang gusto ko nalng igarage parati ung car para walang problema.
    Best effort partner.

Don't. It'll defeat the purpose of having one, di ba? Owning a car has its own risks. Being vandalized, robbed, etc. There are ways to limit the risks naman. First is to park your car in a garage and avoid leaving it parked outside the house (specially if you are not in a subdivision). If on public parking naman, avoid dark, isolated parking areas. As much as possible, park in a well-lit area -- better if there is a parking attendant/guard to look at it.

Not to mention that since the car is a moving object, accidents/2ndary damages may occur.

In my attempt to make you feel better, imagine my situation. I have a nearly classic W123. Imagine if something gets damaged or stolen.... saang lupalop ko hahanapin yung pyesang yun? Availability of the part is a major concern. I may even have to source it abroad. With such, expect the price to be expensive due to scarcity of the part. And mind you, the W123 is my daily driver --- so the level of probability (knock on wood) is there.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Best effort partner.

Don't. It'll defeat the purpose of having one, di ba? Owning a car has its own risks. Being vandalized, robbed, etc. There are ways to limit the risks naman. First is to park your car in a garage and avoid leaving it parked outside the house (specially if you are not in a subdivision). If on public parking naman, avoid dark, isolated parking areas. As much as possible, park in a well-lit area -- better if there is a parking attendant/guard to look at it.

Not to mention that since the car is a moving object, accidents/2ndary damages may occur.

In my attempt to make you feel better, imagine my situation. I have a nearly classic W123. Imagine if something gets damaged or stolen.... saang lupalop ko hahanapin yung pyesang yun? Availability of the part is a major concern. I may even have to source it abroad. With such, expect the price to be expensive due to scarcity of the part. And mind you, the W123 is my daily driver --- so the level of probability (knock on wood) is there.
    Sabagay, you're right but sometimes you can't really help but think of the expenses eh.. Right now here are the things that I lined up to be done with my car. just like what you've said to reset the car's condition back to "0" Highest priority are those related to brakes and engine.

• Rotor Disc Replacement
    • Computerized Wheel Alignment
    • Rotation of tires.
    • Changing of Fluids - so far change oil and ung sa transmission gear oil palang nagawa ko.
    • Replacement of LH Side Mirror with LED
    • Replacement of 1 Fog Light
    • Adding Accessories Window Visor, Carrier, Front/Rear Bull Bar, Tail light Chrome Garnish, Chrome Handles. --> Aesthetics to
    • Upgrading the Sound Setup (budget A/V setup) -> for my Daughter who loves watching barney's and dora the explorer

*Bob - Do you have any suggestions what other things should be done in order to achieve condition 0?

With regards to your Classic W123, good luck and hope nothing fails on your ride. mas mahirap nga i-maintain ung ride mo, I even don't know what W123 is until I google it and saw the pictures, hehehe.

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Bob - Do you have any suggestions what other things should be done in order to achieve condition 0? With the priorities you have listed, checking the underchassis is the only one I have missed reading. Not for anything but since you're to lift the car for alignment, might as well have the bushings/rods checked. Most of the time it may just need adjustments and tightening. Seemed a simple task to perform so some neglect to do this but "loose" connections may just end up with bigger damage.

If there is any consolation to your efforts to bring it back to "0" state, you can only do so much for now. No one (not even the best mechanic) could check internals unless you open and check. The list you have provided basically covers what you can do for now. I would just like to suggest that you be "sensitive" as you use the car. If you feel something is out of the ordinary, have it check right away. That way, you may be able to avoid bigger repairs.

With regards to your Classic W123, good luck and hope nothing fails on your ride. mas mahirap nga i-maintain ung ride mo, I even don't know what W123 is until I google it and saw the pictures, hehehe. Thank you. I always do include in my short prayers that my W123 delivers. Thou I know there are still some I need to address (if funding and time is not an issue) but like you, I prioritize those that I think would compromise performance.

OT: Louie, here is my W123. 1983 240D USV A/T (2.4L Non-Turbo Diesel) = S-L-O-W! Hahaha!