New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 74 of 177 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wow! Triple post!!! Sorry, website timeout!
    Last edited by Benzmizer; August 8th, 2009 at 01:29 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anyway, before you worry of what tires or rims to put on your "soon-to-be" Crosswind, just make sure first that you get a good unit. Remember, XL variants of the Crosswind are "normally" fleet units or used for commercial use. Expect that medyo gamit yung unit na titignan mo.

Check the Maintenance Booklet for PMS performed on the vehicle.
    Last edited by Benzmizer; August 8th, 2009 at 01:32 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Just need some info/ advice regarding a crosswind 2005 xl model i've been thinking of buying.

1. does anybody remember it's price back in 2005? & what's a fair price for it nowadays? i know the price still depends on the actual condition/ mileage/ maintenance done, but is it fair to assume that the price depreciates by 10% every year? so, given it's a 5 year old car, it should be somewhere around half of the original price? I believe the price should be between 680k-700k. Yes, these ius a "general" principle of annual depreciation for a vehicle BUT does not follow at all times. I would like to to think if the price of that '05 XL be around 450k, that should be just fine.
    ---That's a start. i could use 450k as a baseline to start negotiations... but i'm currently aiming to get it at just below 400k. crossing my fingers.

2. i believe it still runs on the stock steel rims & tires ( 185/80 R14, 5.0JJ x 14" ), assuming i retain the R14 steel rims & just replace the rubber, what's the maximum size tire that can fit in the stock steel rims? Maybe at the most 195/70R14. - i see. but it seems that with this size, the ride height will be a little lower that stock? or am i mistaken?

3. Or is it better to change outright to larger size mag wheels & tires? I would say YES. The fact that you are thinking of getting a new set of "bigger tires" for the steelies, might as well go and look for trade ins of XT/XTi rims. (thou not sure if find those easy since the design are nice, walang gustong magpalit) I may be able to help you get brand new rims (XTi design); tires not included. But my source would not take your current rims/tires as trade in. Let me know your thoughts.--- can you give me a rough estimate as to how much a set of (5) XTi design rims? please PM me.
    also, what's the rim & tire size for XTi?

4. what other stuff should i consider aside from mileage? i'm not very familiar with diesel engines. In that case, best that you either bring a friend/relative who knows diesel engines more than you do or a trusted technician. That would greatly reduce the level of your risk of getting a bad unit.- ok. good advice,

[SIZE=4]Good luck!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thanks very much for the response[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Anyway, before you worry of what tires or rims to put on your "soon-to-be" Crosswind, just make sure first that you get a good unit. Remember, XL variants of the Crosswind are "normally" fleet units or used for commercial use. Expect that medyo gamit yung unit na titignan mo.

Check the Maintenance Booklet for PMS performed on the vehicle.

Thanks for the word of caution

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Happy to be of help.

I and the rest of the guys here are more than willing to extend to newbies like you what we know.... and in some case, we learn from others like you too!

As for the XTi rims, they are 6x15 in size. I'll PM you for other details. Now since these are 15s, you would need to replace your current tires too. Correct tire size on a 6x15 rims are 205/65R15. The stock tires used by XTi units are Yokohama.

You got PM!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Direstso na kay Benzmizer..onboard guru...

When I pressed the brake pedal of my xto at lets say...80 kph...nagvivibrate and brake pedal. Is this normal?

My City and L200 don't have vibration in the brake pedal even at higher speeds.

My brother who owned the xto mentioned he had the brakes repaired or had some maintenance done.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by willvill View Post
    Direstso na kay Benzmizer..onboard guru...

When I pressed the brake pedal of my xto at lets say...80 kph...nagvivibrate and brake pedal. Is this normal?

My City and L200 don't have vibration in the brake pedal even at higher speeds.

My brother who owned the xto mentioned he had the brakes repaired or had some maintenance done.
    First, I really appreciate the fact if I seemed to project that I'm a know-it-all guy --- THANKS!--- but I'm not. These are just based on information/experience I have had that I would like to share to others. That is where self fulfillment comes in.

As to your concern, have your rotor discs and brake pads checked. These are signs of either uneven pads wear or a thin pads resulting to rotor disc touching. This is a safety item of any vehicle. Please have it checked ASAP and prioritize its repair.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    HI Benz,

Our mechanic told me to replace the ff. parts since i'm already experiencing sliding clutch.

• Pressure Plate
    • Clutch Disc
    • Release Bearing

Would you happen to know where I could get original isuzu parts? I already inquired at Jayson's Auto Supply He told me the following prices, are these prices okay I mean for an original isuzu?
    • Pressure Plate - Php2400 Orig (Jayson's) Php3000 Orig (Our Mechanic)
    • Clutch Disc - Php2400 Orig- (Jayson's) Php1800 -Replacement Part (Our Mechanic)
    • Release Bearing - Php1100 Orig (Jayson's) Php550 -Replacement(Our Mechanic)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I also inquired at Walco's, here are the prices.

• Pressure Plate - Php2800
    • Clutch Disc - Php2700
    • Release Bearing - Php1100
    • Rotor Disc - Php1200 japan replacement - Php7000 -Orig Isuzu

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    HI Benz,

Our mechanic told me to replace the ff. parts since i'm already experiencing sliding clutch.

• Pressure Plate
    • Clutch Disc
    • Release Bearing

Would you happen to know where I could get original isuzu parts? I already inquired at Jayson's Auto Supply He told me the following prices, are these prices okay I mean for an original isuzu?
    • Pressure Plate - Php2400 Orig (Jayson's) Php3000 Orig (Our Mechanic)
    • Clutch Disc - Php2400 Orig- (Jayson's) Php1800 -Replacement Part (Our Mechanic)
    • Release Bearing - Php1100 Orig (Jayson's) Php550 -Replacement(Our Mechanic)
    Partner, according to my "bubuwits", Jayson's parts are Genuine ISUZU parts. Talagang matindi lang syang magbagsak ng presyo kaya sapol mga CASA. Not sure also if he extends parts guarantees. Alam ko mga CASA meron.... unless you buy it from them and have someone else install them. If damaged yung piyesa, subject for evaluation pa yun if part defect or if caused by improper installation by your outside mechanic.

I have heard that there are a good number of ISUZU users buying from Jayson's and they are satisfied with the quality of his parts. His price seemed competitive too.

Teka, bakit may rotor disc quote ka dun sa isa? Palitin na din ba? Malalim ba sugat? Di kaya reface?