New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 177 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Well, regular change oil, proper adjustments and regular cleaning of the muffler would.
    dont get me wrong pare...but adjustment of what? and cleaning of muffler...do you have to make a special hole in the muffler for easy cleaning? ok ba yun?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Well, regular change oil, proper adjustments and regular cleaning of the muffler would.
    NSa 57km+ na yun crosswind ko. Wala na rin sa warranty sabi ng pinagbilhan ko. 2nd owner ako. Nabili ko lang last year. I'm doing regular cleaning of muffler but time will come that you will think for one stop solution not just for band-aid approach. Kung minsan na guilty rin ako, nakaka contribute din sa pollution lalo na sa pag start ng engine. kitang kita ang black smoke galing sa muffler pati na rin kung naka neutral. pero kung tumatakbo naman wala na yun grayish smoke.

Thanks Benzmizer for the advise. I'm doing that and it seems its not enough. I'm not complaining. I'm very satisfied with my ride but I don't want to contribute to our polluted environment. Mas magastos naman kung bibili ako ng bagong car. Is there any adjustment should I do on the engine? Somebody advised me for injector pump calibration but other said it will not help since I don't encounter problem with that engine part. Thanks again. More power!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmags View Post
    dont get me wrong pare...but adjustment of what? and cleaning of muffler...do you have to make a special hole in the muffler for easy cleaning? ok ba yun?
    Adjustment on the Fuel Pump -- may need calibration. But check first the air filter. If clogged, it also cause excessive CO emission.

As for the "hole" in the muffler.... some actually make one but not in the muffler per se.... it's after the bend at the manifold (to make sure that water does not go to the engine) to flush out carbon deposits in the muffler pipes and resonators.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Adjustment on the Fuel Pump -- may need calibration. But check first the air filter. If clogged, it also cause excessive CO emission.

As for the "hole" in the muffler.... some actually make one but not in the muffler per se.... it's after the bend at the manifold (to make sure that water does not go to the engine) to flush out carbon deposits in the muffler pipes and resonators.
    So theres no way talaga na yung walang walang itim na usok na ibubuga ang diesel engine? hehehe sorry sa kulit ko pre.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    So theres no way talaga na yung walang walang itim na usok na ibubuga ang diesel engine? hehehe sorry sa kulit ko pre.
    Actually, it is possible.... my 1983 240D AT does not blow black smoke, slow or fast.

As for the Crosswind, I've had a 2003 XUVi before and the only time I saw smoke come out of it is when I start it. That I consider is normal. The leftover carbon deposit in the muffler comes out when sudden pressure comes from the engine. Makes sense. But after that, during acceleration and at cruising speed, wala naman akong usok.... I have not tried putting additives or any smog-prevention gadgets on the unit but religious PMS every 5,000 kilometers. Oh, and random "Italian Tune-up" at SLEX when the opportunity permits.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Actually, it is possible.... my 1983 240D AT does not blow black smoke, slow or fast.

As for the Crosswind, I've had a 2003 XUVi before and the only time I saw smoke come out of it is when I start it. That I consider is normal. The leftover carbon deposit in the muffler comes out when sudden pressure comes from the engine. Makes sense. But after that, during acceleration and at cruising speed, wala naman akong usok.... I have not tried putting additives or any smog-prevention gadgets on the unit but religious PMS every 5,000 kilometers. Oh, and random "Italian Tune-up" at SLEX when the opportunity permits.
    HAHAHA anu yung "Italian Tune-up"???

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HAHAHA anu yung "Italian Tune-up"???
    Pedal to the Metal bro..... Floor down yung accelerator pedal!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^^ ahh alright got it...thanks for all that ideas...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    just wanna share, two days ago the side mirror of my 2005 Crosswind was damage, the plastic covering the led light cracked, it was not totally damage and still functional, anyway I still wanna have it change for aesthetic reasons so called Isuzu Manila for to check the prices. guess what halos nalaglag ako sa upuan ko sa presyo ng side mirror.. the price is Php13,500 per pc excluding installation.!!! WTF!

San pa kaya pwedeng makakuha nito na mura? do you think there is in Banawe?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    mga sir tanong lng po ako..
    ano po bang magandang hid lights pra sa crosswind natin?
    hindi po ba ito madilim pag-umulan?

maraming2X salamat po