New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 177 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]Thanks Benzmizer for the detailed explanation![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    Can you give me any suggestion?

What is the appropriate rim and tire size? Also, can we change the rear shocks, in order to control the tagtag if Im going to an 18inch rim? Any brand?

THANKS!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mase
    Can you give me any suggestion?
    What is the appropriate rim and tire size? That's a subjective question. If you're to ask the manufacturer, they'd say 15" (or they'd void your warranty!), If you as me, 18s would be a good compromise between the suggested ride and looks; If you ask my friend A-Toy, he'd say 20" (which is actually possible --- saw him do it 2 years ago in a Sportivo). Short of saying, that would depend on you, my friend. You can go with your original plan of 18s --- but expect the ride to be compromised (vs. the 15s) and vehicle acceleration to be affected.

Also, can we change the rear shocks, in order to control the tagtag if Im going to an 18inch rim? Any brand? Sure you can. Thou I am not that sure on what shock absorber brands that would be suitable for a Crosswind. As a reference, for european cars there is Bilstein. This brand would have OEM spec shocks and they would have the upgrade ones which are Bilstein HD (Comfort Setting). In my Trooper, it was available. So when I changed my rims to 22", I installed these special shock absorbers to compensate the stiffness in ride caused by the bigger rims.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]Thanks Again Benzmizer! Ill go with size 18.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]More power to you!!!![/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mase View Post
    [SIZE=3]Thanks Again Benzmizer! Ill go with size 18.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]More power to you!!!![/SIZE]
    Much luck my friend. Again, please study the best tire size to avoid the "rubbing" issues on the rear. I could not give you a definite size for I didn't replace the tires I had already bought. I just had to limit the # of passengers/load of my former Crosswind.

An intelligent guess would be 245/55R18. Just double check with the shop you are to get the rims/tires. They [SIZE="3"]SHOULD[/SIZE] know.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Im a newbie in this forum. I recently bought a 2009 isuzu sportivo. I experienced a leak coming from the windshield.there was flooding in the driver side area.anyone encountered the same problem?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyluck View Post
    Im a newbie in this forum. I recently bought a 2009 isuzu sportivo. I experienced a leak coming from the windshield.there was flooding in the driver side area.anyone encountered the same problem?
    Surely it's an isolated case. Bring it to your selling or nearest authorized Isuzu dealer and use the car's warranty.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    maybe it's not the windshield mam, i also experienced it in my 2010 crosswind xt which i purchased last june 30 at q.ave., if you can still remember, heavy rainpour last july 10, the following day, saturday yun, mag-vacuum sana ko and to my surprise, bahang-baha ang flooring ko, sa drivers' side extending sa likod, rush agad ako sa casa, thorough inspection revealed that, sori di ko alam ang tawag dun, pero yun yung, if you open the hood, mayrong bundle of wires just beneath the clutch fluid reservoir, holding by a rubber plug then inserted to the unit's body (cowl yata un) correct me if i'm wrong sa term ha, na-dislodge sya dahil siguro dun pinadaan ang wire ng horn ng alarm ng magpa-install ako nito sa casa din, iniba nila ang linya then ibinalik sa dati ang natanggal na rubber, ang hirap magpatuyo, mga 4 days din cguro and around mga 5 dangkal na newpaper and several thick doormats, after that, tuyong-tuyo na, takot nga ako baka mabulok ang flooring, after several days of heavy rainpours wala ng tubig, tuyo na talaga, ipa-check nyo na rin mam bka dito nanggagaling.....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    suggest ko punta kayo sa upholstery shop then pabalutan niyo ng plastic ung flooring.. di ko alam tawag dun..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi,

Does anyone know where to get a rotor disk for Crosswind XUVi 05 and how much? I recently worn out mine, it still working though pero naging manipis na ung Disk Breaks ko. I was running pala without break pads sa front left from Manila to Bataan, ung sa back side ng disk break wala ng pads. nung pabalik na ako ng Manila di na talaga kumportable ung breaks pakiramdam ko lumulusot na.. so I have it check the sa nearby Servitek, they told me na wala na ngang pads and the piston was grinding with my disk breaks.. the mechanic told me that i should have the rotor disk replace when i get back to manila.. what he did was just replace the pads on both front tires.. btw, it also caused my stock mags to rust because of the tiny metal particles resulted by rubbing to metals sa break assembly ko.. a costly mistake for me I should have had check the moment na naramdaman ko yung problem now.. mdyo malaki na ung gastos replacing the rotor disk and piston.. btw, does anyone know also where can I have my stock mags fixed? I mean rechrome or painted?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    is it possible to install the spare tire at the back of an XTI or XT to make it look sportier? price wise, i will prefer an XTI over the XUV and Sportivo...too pricey for what they can offer.