New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 177 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lastpogi View Post
    guys hingi lang sana ako advise from you...Has anyone of you there had an experience of converting the jam seat into a third row sit facing front of an XUV? Im Planning kasi to convert my XUV into a third row option just like the sportivo. Lahat kasing XUV comes with a jam sit option only. Do you think this is good thing to do to my XUV? is it a good decision? Hindi ko naman kasi kailangan masyado madaming kargamento...If ever i will convert it, may pagkakaiba ba sa leg room ng original third row sit sportivo and yong kinonvert lang? I already ask sa [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]dealer[/color][/color] ko, and they were charging us 13k for converting it.
    hi sir yung sa sportivo namin pinapalitan kasi mahirap daw pagsasakay pass. kelangan pa itupi so my dad decided na papalitan sabi sa casa 16k luckily may isang owner na pumayag makipagtrade ayun

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Got an XT limited edition way back in 2006. Overall, okey naman yon vehicle. Change the tires to 215/70/15, add accessories and body kits.....Kaya naiiba konti itsura.

FC is about 12-15 km/L mixed city and highway driving (figures not in Metro Manila traffic, btw).

I also consider the Innova (which replaced the Revo) at the time of purchase when we were looking for a diesel AUV-type.
    Yes, similar choices have already been discussed extensively anywhere in these tsikot fora.

But as I way of a testimonial....the choice of Crosswind over the diesel Innova E was precipitated by the type of engine use in those vehicles.

Sure, the Innova would have offered the better ride quality, better trim, more refined fit and finish, and perhaps a radical design (at least at that time). But the D4D CRDI-spec engine encountered troubles from the model's inception due to the relatively dirty diesel in the country. A problem that is still occurring today (please read related threads here).

The Crosswind turns out to have a rickety and bouncy ride, some rattles are always heard somewhere, and an interior feel and dashboard not to be proud of...actually pareho siya as those of the previous Highlander series and sa Fuego...so you could imagine the "old" ambience. And the engine... yes, the engine is noisy and gives a lot of vibration. When you open the hood, it is actually very simple. It has also been proven to be reliable, cheap to maintain, and any "sando-dressed" mechanic by the road is familiar with it.

Used to live in Metro Manila but are currently in Northern Mindanao. We need a reliable ride na hindi papaltos makina. You may never know if you end up in a deserted place at night or maiwan mo oto (baka pagbalik mo wala na). So we put premium on reliability and operational cost to maintain the vehicle... every other criteria took a back seat..hence, the choice. Sabi nila mabubulok na lang yon passenger cabin, aandar ng aandar parin yong makina.

Its not that powerful but 80-100 km/h drive is not a problem...ergonomics not first-rate but can be tolerated...It gets the yeoman's job done. For the situation we are in, the Crosswind is it.

This vehicle continues to remain a bestseller despite the criticisms hurled against it. Its price is also pretty steep in the second-hand market which is another indicator of a strong market presence.

So could it be that many people are unhappy and in misery? Your choice....

HTH

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You're welcome...
    Btw, visit motioncars.com....they have a new article on the Sportivo...that's actually where the "owners in misery" was alluded to.

Cheers.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mgaa fellow crosswind owners, matanong ko lang..may napapansin din ba kayong lumalagatik sa ilalim ng dashboard twing mag aautomatic yong compressor ng aircon? parang sumasabay yong thermostat nya o baka relay. ask ko lang kung ganun din yung sainyo? sabi kasi sakin sa casa normal nya daw yon, lahat daw na crosswind ay ganun kasi indi pa raw nka electronic ang aircon system nito indi katulad ng trooper and Dmax. Hope you post your observation guys. TIA

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    lastpogi, sa akin naman wala akong naririnig o nararamdaman na ganyang ingay pag naka aircon at pag nagchcharge ang compressor. hindi din maingay ung switch s ilalim nga ng dashboard kung yun ung problema. siguro try mo ipa check s labas. saang isuzu dealer ka ba ngtanong?

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    matanong ko din, magaling ba talaga gumawa ng aircon o magpa cleaning sa ceejay's alabang-zapote?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    can any1 sugest me kung ano ung magandang design na grills for xwind xuv05? ano bang site na may modified xwind?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    can any1 sugest me kung ano ung magandang design na grills for xwind xuv05? ano bang site na may modified xwind?
    Sir try here!
    http://www.a-toybodykits.com/images/isuzu/crosswind.htm

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi Fellow Crosswind owners...My ride is a 04 XUV and it's more than 4 yrs old already which is why i'm planning now to make several modifications. Below are my plans:

1. 18" Rota Journey 55/255 series tires
    2. Philips Hi/low HID
    3. Pioneer stereo w/mp3&usb and JBL speakers
    4. low charge turbo w/intercooler (any ideas where can i get this)

I appreciate your comments on each of my planned upgrades my fellow Crosswind owners.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtyper View Post
    Hi Fellow Crosswind owners...My ride is a 04 XUV and it's more than 4 yrs old already which is why i'm planning now to make several modifications. Below are my plans:

1. 18" Rota Journey 55/255 series tires
    2. Philips Hi/low HID
    3. Pioneer stereo w/mp3&usb and JBL speakers
    4. low charge turbo w/intercooler (any ideas where can i get this)

I appreciate your comments on each of my planned upgrades my fellow Crosswind owners.
    18" too big... heavy and will feel weird with the stock suspension. But it's really up to you. They look really good, but they'll rub badly, especially with that width of tire. I'd prefer 16" or 17"... would look butch without looking cartoonish.

If you're getting HIDs, do the headlight projector conversion. HIDs are useless on the stock reflectors... you'll get a scattered beam and won't be able to see crap on the road (take it from me... firsthand experience). It may seem brighter, but you'll get too much glare off of stuff that's close by and won't be able to see anything further than 50 feet away in the rain. Look up batangraon_14's thread about converting his Sentra's headlights to get an idea of how to convert your XUV.

Stereo... your call... Nice thing about the XUV, lots of space under the second row or in the back for a subwoofer...

Low charge turbo... should be lots of surplus turbos for crosswinds out there. Just have to search at Banawe or Evangelista to find one. Since maximum boost comes on very low (around 2000 rpm) and dies off after 2500 rpm, your stock pump should be able to take it... Only problem is... I'm not sure. Ask Dieseldude about pump mods and whether it's required.

The Crosswind's turbo only gives you a small kick of torque over the non-turbo Crosswind. If you want maximum satisfaction, I'd suggest bolting in a Fuego turbocharger... but you'll need to consult someone experienced with the conversion as to how it can be done safely.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...