New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Help mga Bro, malabo headlights ng Isuzu Bighorn ko. To those who have the same vehicle, had the same problem, pwede ko bang malaman kung anong modifications ang ginawa nyo?
    1. Kung nagpalit kayo ng bulbs? What kind of bulb, its brand and wattage?
    2. Kung nagpalit naman kayo ng relays? Ano ba ang rating ng relay na na-install nyo? Please help me, I'm having difficulty driving at night. Many Thanks. More power to all Tsikoteers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    RHD kase orientation ng headlights mo. the side of the road is dark but kawawa ang kasalubong dahil ang cutoff ng light output ng RHD headlights na sa incoming traffic.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Japan na RHD converted to LHD ba yan... then, you will need to change the lens na pang LHD. Magkaiba yung dalawa kasi.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i had a big horn before but didnt encounter this problem with the headlight. sir can you specify your problem, what do you mean mahina? So we can analyze more the problem and come up with the possible solution..

maliwanag dati na lumabo? if this is the case then pa check mo lang wiring mo and you might need to replace the bulbs. Use OSRAM Silverstar. Stock wattage, +50% light output. Tama ung comments ni ARB and wildthing so dont try to increase wattage of the bulbs. Kawawa oncoming traffic. Solution for me before was I added Hella driving lamps. FF series. Malaki tulong. Meron na rin akong OEM na foglamps nun, PIAA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman View Post
    i had a big horn before but didnt encounter this problem with the headlight. sir can you specify your problem, what do you mean mahina? So we can analyze more the problem and come up with the possible solution..
    * Yourman: Yung headlight ko parang hindi naka-focus sa daan kaya malabo ang beam ng ilaw sa daan. Pina-check ko sa local Isuzu dealer pero sabi nila tama naman daw alignment. RHD converted to LHD ito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB View Post
    RHD kase orientation ng headlights mo. the side of the road is dark but kawawa ang kasalubong dahil ang cutoff ng light output ng RHD headlights na sa incoming traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    Japan na RHD converted to LHD ba yan... then, you will need to change the lens na pang LHD. Magkaiba yung dalawa kasi.
    * ARB & Wildthing: Mga Bro, I think tama kayo. Japan RHD to LHD conversion nga itong Bighorn ko kaya hindi tama orientation ng headlights ko. Saan kaya ako makakabili ng lens na pang LHD? Thanks for the advice.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    * Yourman: Yung headlight ko parang hindi naka-focus sa daan kaya malabo ang beam ng ilaw sa daan. Pina-check ko sa local Isuzu dealer pero sabi nila tama naman daw alignment. RHD converted to LHD ito.
    so was my bighorn i own before, but i didnt notice that it was not focused correctly on the road.. di masyado affected ang focus on the road even if it was originally rhd, kasi the lower portion of the headlight lens would be the same for lhd and rhd, only the cut off on the upper portion and different..

malabo siguro dahil:
    - the lens.glass ay malabo na kaya malabo na buga ng ilaw or
    - the bulbs are malabo na and need to be changed or
    - the reflector of the headlights are tarnished na kaya malabo na ang buga?

anyway, i dont think its worth replacing with original brand new headlights bec this option would be expensive, if meron available, nor there would be available taiwan replacements.

so i agree with one suggestion here, buy those after market fog lamps to augment the headlights, gwapo pa tignan and not that expensive.. hope to be of help to you..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman View Post
    so was my bighorn i own before, but i didnt notice that it was not focused correctly on the road.. di masyado affected ang focus on the road even if it was originally rhd, kasi the lower portion of the headlight lens would be the same for lhd and rhd, only the cut off on the upper portion and different..

malabo siguro dahil:
    - the lens.glass ay malabo na kaya malabo na buga ng ilaw or
    - the bulbs are malabo na and need to be changed or
    - the reflector of the headlights are tarnished na kaya malabo na ang buga?

anyway, i dont think its worth replacing with original brand new headlights bec this option would be expensive, if meron available, nor there would be available taiwan replacements.

so i agree with one suggestion here, buy those after market fog lamps to augment the headlights, gwapo pa tignan and not that expensive.. hope to be of help to you..
    Yes. I installed fog lamps as adviced by garyq, much better na ngayon ang illumination at night. Thanks Guys for all your advice. More power to Tsikoteers.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    bro, anong brand kinabit mo at san ka nakabili.tia.

Isuzu Bighorn Headlight Problem