New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hello again guys, i have another question for you SUV experts out there.

i noticed that my brakes begin to get a little stiff after driving for some time, usually during long drives (e.g. manila - bataan). they start off feeling normal when i begin my drive but tend to get stiff after an hour or so (almost an hour sometimes) of driving. can anyone help me out here?

its a 95 isuzu bighorn LS, no ABS but with 4-wheel discs. i have bigger sized tires (i forgot the actual size), the ones that the 2003 and up skyroof edition trooper use.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Pls clarify, do you mean they don't bite as well or it's harder to depress brake pedal?

Have you changed pads, brake fluid, rotors recently?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sorry, i mean its harder to press the brake pedal thats all. it still stops normally and i dont feel that its harder to stop the vehicle, its just harder to depress the pedal.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i havent changed anything regarding the braking system since i got the trooper.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Suggest you change brake fluid, new dot3, and check the brake pads and rotors for wear.
    If it doesn't improve then you may have to buy a brake master kit- which may be due considering it's 9 years old.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hmm, that's probably it. same thing happens to our honda civic. probably have to check that too.

attic: palagay ko nangangalay ka lang o pagod ka na kaya mahirap tapakan. Yung suggestion ni jackaroo sundin mo ha.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    naaah garyq i dont think so. good one though... hehehe

attic: sa akin due na for replacement yung lining/pads. Sa brake syst pina-drain ko before yung fluid and bleeding. DOT3 at least recommended sa atin

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO,

as additional sa mga post ni LORD JACKAROO baka kailangan mo din i drain kasi feeling ko may Hangin na ang Brake system.. i try mo muna i bleed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
isuzu bighorn brakes