New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Guys..... just bought a second hand Dmax 09... first time to have a Dmax.

Is there issues or warranties that I should be aware of that I could claim from dealer before the year end? The owner kase of the car left the country and I'm talking with the bayaw who is not familiar with the history of the vehicle. Please share what i should pay attention to para mapagawa ko na rin sa kasa. I'll be using the vehicle mostly sa province and I don't want to stall in the mountain roads.

Thanks in advance. I'm proud of the Dmax...Ganda!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by c2c View Post
    Guys..... just bought a second hand Dmax 09... first time to have a Dmax.

Is there issues or warranties that I should be aware of that I could claim from dealer before the year end? The owner kase of the car left the country and I'm talking with the bayaw who is not familiar with the history of the vehicle. Please share what i should pay attention to para mapagawa ko na rin sa kasa. I'll be using the vehicle mostly sa province and I don't want to stall in the mountain roads.

Thanks in advance. I'm proud of the Dmax...Ganda!!!
    Sir,

Mine is 08 4x2 M/T Global Dmax. We have the same engine which is the 4JJ1-TC. Congratulations on your acquisition.

My truck has logged closed to 60k kilometers already and so far the only issue that I faced was the lighting of the MIL or also known as the Check Engine Light. You could see my post in the Isuzu Dmax thread. After I have replaced it, so far I haven't faced with any known issues as to engine problems. I wasn't able to claim it via warranty since it has already lapsed the 3 year period when that happened.

I used to use Shell regular diesel but now I transferred to Petron regular diesel and I don't know if it's just me but I noticed a significant increase in power and I feel that the engine is more quiet. I transferred to Petron not because I think they have dirty diesel fuels and it caused that problem with my SCV, but because Petron is much cheaper by almost a peso in those trusted Petron stations that I saw, mind you, some Petron stations are also more expensive than others but at least they're cheaper than Shell. With the performance that it is giving to my truck, I am not sure if I will still transfer to Shell any time soon.

After going to the province up north, I noticed that my shock is squeaking. This is probably because I ran into a deep pothole on the road as there are lots of road works starting from Tarlac, Pangasinan and all the way to Ilocos last October. It's not really a biggie and I could live with that.

I just use regular oil and not those fully synthetic ones since I want mine to be serviced every 5k kilometers. I haven't even had my a/c cleaned yet considering my service advisor has been offering it to me many times but it's still cold. I just have the engine bay cleaned every 10k kilometers.

The rest, everything is fine and I feel the truck is as sturdy as ever. Since yours is 09, it's newer or fresher provided that the previous owner took care of it properly. But with how my truck performs and at times I also release the daredevil inside me, I don't feel that something will break this early.

My advice is if you feel that your truck is starting to feel like it's choking and having a hard time accelerating, bring it to your dealer right away and ask for it to be evaluated so that in case it's the SCV, you could still claim it with your warranty. Otherwise, just continue enjoying driving your truck!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Sir,

Mine is 08 4x2 M/T Global Dmax. We have the same engine which is the 4JJ1-TC. Congratulations on your acquisition.

My truck has logged closed to 60k kilometers already and so far the only issue that I faced was the lighting of the MIL or also known as the Check Engine Light. You could see my post in the Isuzu Dmax thread. After I have replaced it, so far I haven't faced with any known issues as to engine problems. I wasn't able to claim it via warranty since it has already lapsed the 3 year period when that happened.

I used to use Shell regular diesel but now I transferred to Petron regular diesel and I don't know if it's just me but I noticed a significant increase in power and I feel that the engine is more quiet. I transferred to Petron not because I think they have dirty diesel fuels and it caused that problem with my SCV, but because Petron is much cheaper by almost a peso in those trusted Petron stations that I saw, mind you, some Petron stations are also more expensive than others but at least they're cheaper than Shell. With the performance that it is giving to my truck, I am not sure if I will still transfer to Shell any time soon.

After going to the province up north, I noticed that my shock is squeaking. This is probably because I ran into a deep pothole on the road as there are lots of road works starting from Tarlac, Pangasinan and all the way to Ilocos last October. It's not really a biggie and I could live with that.

I just use regular oil and not those fully synthetic ones since I want mine to be serviced every 5k kilometers. I haven't even had my a/c cleaned yet considering my service advisor has been offering it to me many times but it's still cold. I just have the engine bay cleaned every 10k kilometers.

The rest, everything is fine and I feel the truck is as sturdy as ever. Since yours is 09, it's newer or fresher provided that the previous owner took care of it properly. But with how my truck performs and at times I also release the daredevil inside me, I don't feel that something will break this early.

My advice is if you feel that your truck is starting to feel like it's choking and having a hard time accelerating, bring it to your dealer right away and ask for it to be evaluated so that in case it's the SCV, you could still claim it with your warranty. Otherwise, just continue enjoying driving your truck!
    Thanks for the advice......

I just had it serviced and eventually the previous owner skipped the 20k which is a major check up. Right now the engine is more smoother but still have occasional barkong sound but after a few kilometers pino na ulit. The casa also said that my rear shock is licking already....is it possible at 3yrs this happens already? Aside from those that I have mentioned.... Dmax is dammed fast even having a payload of 5 sacks (bigger than rice sacks) of wet compost soils

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^ I posted sir, in the Dmax thread last night coz my MIL lit again with just less than 3k kilometers, it's no typo it's really less than 3k kilometers, after I had it replaced about a month ago. It's really annoying. I will bring it to the dealer tomorrow to see what caused it.

If you start your car and you hear a clutter that seems not normal, I believe that there is air in the fuel line and I don't know with others but based on my observation with mine, the MIL will light up soon. That is what happened at first time and that is what happened at the 2nd time. Yes, that kind of sound sounds like a more clutter sound than usual and would only last for a few seconds. I am not really sure what is that "occasional barkong sound" of yours though.

What do you mean by your rear shock is "licking"? Do you mean squeaking? With mine, one of my rear shocks or leaf spring, I believe it's the driver side, is squeaking as well. Just by merely pushing the truck, like trying to shake it mildly, would produce such sound. So for my experience, yes I could say it's very possible. My truck turned 3 yrs old last July 31. I most believe that I got that from the potholes on the provincial roads when we went up north a few months ago.

5 sacks of soil or rice are an easy carry for a Dmax sir, well with any truck. If you mean by fast that it could still reach 175 kph with that in your load, yes it could do that. I have tried carrying 8 sacks of rice before with bags and people no sweat but I needed to put more force on the gas pedal. I just tried but just a quick one and just stayed in the 100 to 120 kph range. It's really scary and very dangerous that anytime one of its tires might blow out.

Issues with DMax 2009