New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Under the hood of the crosswind xto AT 2002, I find the idle speed printed at 850 for AT and 750 for Manual.

My bro has set his xto AT idle at around 600 in order to save fuel according to him.

Would you agree? For me, I found the vibration quite excessive.

What could be the possible effects for a lower idle than the prescribed idle speed?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    750 rpm is what the manual indicates with + or - 50 rpm

it depends on your preference if you want to make it higher or lower than 750rpm

just don't go lower than 700 rpm or higher than 800 rpm

600 rpm for me is a bit too low

i set my idling at 700 rpm

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi... it depends. lower vibrates more, higher naman might increase fuel consumption. anyways its your call, its your vehicle

in my opinion i dont know if im right. lower idle might not prolong life of your engine support/s. and just open the hood and see how it vibrates. isip ko lang baka pati mga hoses belts etc.. baka mas madali masira.
    sa higher naman like 800 to 900, i think no harm naman as for fuel consumption i think its negligible. yun nga lang baka mas high din temp ng vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    lower power due to lower cyclic rate of alternator.

inadequate oil supply, sa sobrang baba ng RPM baka the oil pump might not function properly.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    dati sinubukan ko sa 800+rpm

mas mataas ang temp nya

kaya binaba ko ng konti sa 750rpm

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [quote=sboogie;1261949]750 rpm is what the manual indicates with + or - 50 rpm

xto AT tranny is 850 rpm idle as found under the hood.

anthon05* I agree the excessive vibration might speed up the weakening of the brackets, supports, hoses, etc. As to engine temp, wala sigurong problema coz meron namang "controller".

s quilicot* yeah, probable din and oil pump baka will not function properly

When I tested the xto AT in city driving here in Davao City, I found the acceleration weak...like a snail ; but once it reaches 60 kph, it has a decent drive already.

As he is going to Australia to join his wifey..a nurse, he is selling the XTO to me for 380k.

I might decline his offer due to the weak acceleration which is very unlike my Honda City 2004 AT cvt. I would have preferred the XTO manual like the Adventure.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    dati sinubukan ko sa 800+rpm

mas mataas ang temp nya

kaya binaba ko ng konti sa 750rpm

Huh? naka clutch fan naman ang 4ja1 AFAIK.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    konti lang naman ang difference ng temperature

idle speed for xto at 2002 model