New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    can't relate to this discussion as my XTO is a manual one but i think practice practice lang because getting used to your car is the most important. knowing it's capacity on certain speed can make you feel confident and safe in overtaking.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    can't relate to this discussion as my XTO is a manual one
    Good for you....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i had my XUV since 2003 AT rin... para sa mabilisang overtake

PUMP the PEDAL unti you reach atleast 4.5K RPM then try to stay there!
    at higit sa lahat,

[SIZE=6]P R A Y H A R D[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]angel of God my guardian dear....[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have a boost controller installed, and alcohol injection.

According to DevilDoc, they were able to get a turbo Crosswind's 0-100 km/h times down to 16 seconds (that's nearly twice as fast as stock) with injection.

I didn't see such a big change... but it's possible my XTO has a boost leak, a slipping AT or a worn turbo (130,000-150,000 kms or so...)... still tinkering with it. But I did gain some horsepower with the mod.

Just bummed because I got only 5 hp or so, and other guys with old-school 2.5 turbos are getting 10-20...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

According to DevilDoc, they were able to get a turbo Crosswind's 0-100 km/h times down to 16 seconds (that's nearly twice as fast as stock) with injection.

I didn't see such a big change... but it's possible my XTO has a boost leak, a slipping AT or a worn turbo (130,000-150,000 kms or so...)... still tinkering with it. But I did gain some horsepower with the mod.

Just bummed because I got only 5 hp or so, and other guys with old-school 2.5 turbos are getting 10-20...
    Bro, saan nilagay yung container ng methanol/H20 sa engine bay ng Crosswind? Wala ng space sa loob to fit yung standard 2 galon container ng Speedlab. Still thinking so install one for my XTO.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    sa tingin ko bro, its lke changing the transmission itself na... because the gear ratio equates to a cog inside the transmission that in one size per gear... and CVT will be a far fetched idea... unless anyone has updates again on this.

Kung papalitan lang din ung transmission i think ang ipapalit ko na is ung manual transmission. I was told pwede daw yon. It its cheaper pa din daw. and I personally thing that is DO-able

But then again di na sya bagay sa forum/topic na to. hehe

If that's possible, do anyone has and idea kung magkano kaya ang Manual transmission assembly for crosswind?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Bro, saan nilagay yung container ng methanol/H20 sa engine bay ng Crosswind? Wala ng space sa loob to fit yung standard 2 galon container ng Speedlab. Still thinking so install one for my XTO.
    Sa likod. Pero I'm thinking it might be easier to reinstall it in the front passenger footwell, para madaling abutin.

I really think we need boost control... or something... my XTO just doesn't have enough boost to utilize the benefits of alcohol injection. I'd love to tinker with it and see how much more power I can get out of it, but I'm too busy, at the moment with other things.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa likod. Pero I'm thinking it might be easier to reinstall it in the front passenger footwell, para madaling abutin.

I really think we need boost control... or something... my XTO just doesn't have enough boost to utilize the benefits of alcohol injection. I'd love to tinker with it and see how much more power I can get out of it, but I'm too busy, at the moment with other things.
    Pa install ka sa Speedlab ng manual boost controller. They offer one.
    Bro can you post the pic of your Devilsown so I can see how it looks like kung nasa likod?
    Thanks,

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007

It was not really 16 second but a little slower like 16.8

Had to manually activate since the switch was a 6psi switch.

From the guy we tested the kit with and won it as well

Nice meeting you all guys!
    Again thank you dvldoc for the prices, especially I won the kit, what else I can ask more ... can't wait to get this installed in my ride. Felt the rush when it was tested on my Crosswind XUVi today (3/22/2008). The Crosswind XUVI A/T with 4JA1-L engine performance is not one of those fast ride known to tsikoteers, but with the Water/Alcohol Injection tested today (I believe used with 35/65 mix), jeeez can't believed it just pulls harder, and harder and faster.

The improvement is very much noticeable at the top end... with the system turned off the acceleration at 60kph going above is slow, but with the system turned on, the performance from 60kph and beyond is a lot quicker. The gain in speed is gradual, but definitely its noticeable. Imagine that 5 sec drop at 0-40mph as logged by dvldoc's accelerometer.
    You can activate it at 2psi on the crosswind and get a noticeable difference in performance.
    Last edited by dvldoc; September 22nd, 2009 at 07:22 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    buti nalang M/t ung akin.. 0-100kph kaya within 12secs. or less.. 3-4k rpm.. 100kph on 3rd gear..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
how to overtake using Crosswind AT